Trinity League News

On 3/26/2022 at 11:36 PM, 1Since71 said:

😂 yet they know MD isn’t allowed to play them so yeah let’s call them out.

They would get rolled.  If the best IMG team ever couldn't take MD, these clowns sure can't.  Need to beat SFA for once before calling out the King.

• Like 4

This is a huge loss for the Friar family. Not only was he to be a returning starter on the offensive line, but he also was the winner (as a junior) of the coveted #78 jersey, which goes to the player who most exemplifies leadership, dedication, and outstanding work ethic.

May he rest in peace with Our Lord in Heaven.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Texas guys always demote the team that lost and elevate the undefeated team that played in inferior teams 

Lol.  If they best MD you would say they were their best team.  

I am not sure what you are talking about...I thought IMG got hosed in that game with 2 defensive starters being tossed from the game.   The one kid got booted after the MD kid kept blocking him 5 yards out of bounds. 

SJB vs Dematha - Blindside Hit was just personal foul.    MD vs IMG - Blindside hit is ejection.

Some of these MD teams have been so good, not sure how you can tell which was better.  Probably the team that beat IMG was one of if not their best.

2020 IMG team had better QB IMO than did the IMG team that lost to MD.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Sammy, does little Seashells have to remind California how they dogged De La Salle after losing in Texas, only for them to beat down the rest of California?

Maxpreps and other sources had this De La Salle team marked down as the best one since the streak years 😌

That was a nice win by Trinity.   DLS choked the game away with stupid trick plays before halftime.  I give Trinity full credit for the win though.   If DLS would have won, then Texas fans would point out the Trinity subesquently lost in the playoffs.   It was a no win game for DLS either way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

I am not sure what you are talking about...I thought IMG got hosed in that game with 2 defensive starters being tossed from the game.   The one kid got booted after the MD kid kept blocking him 5 yards out of bounds. 

SJB vs Dematha - Blindside Hit was just personal foul.    MD vs IMG - Blindside hit is ejection.

Some of these MD teams have been so good, not sure how you can tell which was better.  Probably the team that beat IMG was one of if not their best.

2020 IMG team had better QB IMO than did the IMG team that lost to MD.  

I think the 2018 IMG team that lost to MD was a better team than MD. 

IMO MD best team was 2017 followed by 2019 (which lost the final to SJB)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

That was a nice win by Trinity.   DLS choked the game away with stupid trick plays before halftime.  I give Trinity full credit for the win though.   If DLS would have won, then Texas fans would point out the Trinity subesquently lost in the playoffs.   It was a no win game for DLS either way.

Lol but it’s a factual point, it’s not as if it was fabricated. 

3 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

IMO MD best team was 2017 followed by 2019 (which lost the final to SJB)

The 2021 team might be their best.  The other two really didn't have a running game to lean on(That's what cost the 2019 team vs SJB in the finals.). Also,  the 2021 defense was better than the 2017 and 2019 versions

The 2017 team was very good,  but they didn't play competition like the 2019 or 2021 teams. SJB had their weakest team since 2011 in 2017 

Edited by Steeler01

4 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Absolutely.  Mike Martinez caught, what, a couple passes in all of 2017 and yet was basically WR2 in 2018.  Shakobe was RB1, for crying out loud.  Bryce was the best player on the field, of course, but IMG had more talent at most other positions.  2018 MD was the weakest in the past five years, and still beat the most loaded IMG ever.  To think that today's IMG could challenge 2021 or this year's MD is laughable.  As I said above, those blowhards need to beat SFA for once before calling out the GOAT.

5 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Servite's Max Thomas beats MD Rayshon Luke in the 100/.  Just another day at the office

I didn’t realize that Rayshon ‘Speedy’ Luke transferred to Mater Dei for his Senior year track season 😂

Sammy, I know you want Servite to beat MD so badly in everything, but you are better than this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

My bad.  I should have known that MD wouldn't have anyone in the finals. 

MD did just beat Servite the day before. MD also won the OC championships. Max Thomas should be thankful that Domani Jackson is not around this season, although I don’t know if he would have been ready for track given his football injury.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1