Tennessee News

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

it was a great game all the way around and probably the 2 best teams in the state...2 canadian all star teams going head to head.  : )

it is a little hard to watch knowing our little school could have competed this year had dilfer not left or we had just hired better.  with back to back coaching changes, I think it will be a while if we ever get back to beating one of these teams.  

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

it was a great game all the way around and probably the 2 best teams in the state...2 canadian all star teams going head to head.  : )

it is a little hard to watch knowing our little school could have competed this year had dilfer not left or we had just hired better.  with back to back coaching changes, I think it will be a while if we ever get back to beating one of these teams.  

LA isn't going anywhere. It's a desirable program for all the right and just reasons. 

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LA isn't going anywhere. It's a desirable program for all the right and just reasons. 

thanks for the vote of confidence.  we got 2 years of post season ban which is not a good time to be hiring.  

additionally, baylor and mccallie are boarding schools that do not have to abide by the same rules on transfers and it shows for sure!  im not sure I share your optimism but i'll take it!

2 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

thanks for the vote of confidence.  we got 2 years of post season ban which is not a good time to be hiring.  

additionally, baylor and mccallie are boarding schools that do not have to abide by the same rules on transfers and it shows for sure!  im not sure I share your optimism but i'll take it!

If you're a talented baller from the Nashville area there's no better program than LA to play at. Their high-quality OOS games will continue to attract the best. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 9:49 AM, theawesomebro said:

fingers crossed.  would love to have saraland at our place to return the favor.  : ). I went to that game and it was a great game and amazing HSFB environment!

That would be fair. I could also see them playing SFA. They played IMG this year. Why not play the other national all-star team? 

On another note, how about Houston thumping Oakland? Didn’t see that coming! 

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

That would be fair. I could also see them playing SFA. They played IMG this year. Why not play the other national all-star team? 

On another note, how about Houston thumping Oakland? Didn’t see that coming! 

I wouldnt mind them having a year to get their feet under them before jumping in like that against a true national power.  

yeah I was shocked by that game.  

not sure if you have seen but there has been a lot of pushback about alcoa winning 9 in a row but not being willing to move up a class or 2.  hopefully they will get a success factor moving forward.  

8 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

I wouldnt mind them having a year to get their feet under them before jumping in like that against a true national power.  

not sure if you have seen but there has been a lot of pushback about alcoa winning 9 in a row but not being willing to move up a class or 2.  hopefully they will get a success factor moving forward.  

Alcoa = Pussies

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

Alcoa’s good enough to play 6A. They don’t want to because in 6A they’re not going to win 9 gold balls in 10 years. 

Tennessee should have no more than 4 classes in my opinion, but that’s another discussion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

So, Oakland might be traveling to Fairburn to play Creekside. Interesting matchup. 

Is Center Grove going to return the favor and come down to Murfreesboro? 

Yes, we reported that game in another thread. The plan is for it to be broadcast on the Flo Football channel. 

No idea re CG/Oakland as we weren't involved in that match-up.