Tennessee News

4 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

yeah a baylor win this weekend would set up a fun showdown between LA and mccallie for the final regular season game.  might have some home field advantage on the line.

seems like christian bros isn't as good as previous years.  is that true or are they just beat up like LA?

CBC has never been a true Power Private. Solid team, but not in the same class as the others. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

CBC has never been a true Power Private. Solid team, but not in the same class as the others. 

Didn’t they put the screws to Milton GA? 

A team who made the large class Georgia State Semi Finals. 

CBC isn’t chop liver. If they played in Georgia they would have been champs 

On 9/26/2023 at 4:47 AM, theawesomebro said:

yeah a baylor win this weekend would set up a fun showdown between LA and mccallie for the final regular season game.  might have some home field advantage on the line.

seems like christian bros isn't as good as previous years.  is that true or are they just beat up like LA?

I always read your Div II games of the week posts over on CoachT. Someone said BA will win easily over Clearwater Acad. Clearly those guys over there know nothing about the bigger national scene. I think the one guy just simply looked them up on Calpreps and saw that they have a 0-4 record. He doesn’t realize that all four of those teams CA lost to are ranked inside the top 200 nationally and they played them all close. The fact that the BA/CA game is in Nashville might make it competitive, but I wouldn’t be shocked if CA goes up north and knocks the Eagles off. 

I think you need to educate the CoachTers about the national scene. I tried years ago, but they simply had no idea what I was talking about. Maybe you can have better luck lol. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I always read your Div II games of the week posts over on CoachT. Someone said BA will win easily over Clearwater Acad. Clearly those guys over there know nothing about the bigger national scene. I think the one guy just simply looked them up on Calpreps and saw that they have a 0-4 record. He doesn’t realize that all four of those teams CA lost to are ranked inside the top 200 nationally and they played them all close. The fact that the BA/CA game is in Nashville might make it competitive, but I wouldn’t be shocked if CA goes up north and knocks the Eagles off. 

I think you need to educate the CoachTers about the national scene. I tried years ago, but they simply had no idea what I was talking about. Maybe you can have better luck lol. 

thanks for the info on that game.  I'm hoping BA pulls out of their tailspin but not so sure its going to happen.  

I dont think most people over there are actually listening.  lots of them are on there just to tell everyone how much they know so I just try to leave them alone.  some of them like midtennfootball are great and I learn a lot from following their posts but they seem to be the exception.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That was straight from the coach. Even with all the injuries, they have been competitive with all their opponents and they have played really good teams! Brentwood Academy won’t win this game so easily! 

BA is not their normal selves this season. That’s why I was thinking CAI was going to knock them off. Not as sure now knowing about the injuries. 🤔

3 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

BA is not their normal selves this season. That’s why I was thinking CAI was going to knock them off. Not as sure now knowing about the injuries. 🤔

The thing that keeps CAI in it is they have been injured all or most of the season and they have competed with all the quality teams they played. So the dudes that have stepped up have played well. 

Crazy to think these two teams combined are 1-9

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The thing that keeps CAI in it is they have been injured all or most of the season and they have competed with all the quality teams they played. So the dudes that have stepped up have played well. 

Crazy to think these two teams combined are 1-9

yeah I really thought BA would take a step forward and challenge in our division.  they, like LA, do have a brand new coaching staff and in retrospect, it seems a little unreasonable to think they should be better than before.  LA has more depth but BA has none and lots of 2 way players which is tough sledding at this level.