Tennessee News

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

None of them desires to ever be ranked in the Top 25? 

you would have to ask them but I think lots of schools would rather be top dog in the state with a perfect record than lose to an OOS team.  my guess only. 

how many teams in the top 25 are public anyway on average?

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

you would have to ask them but I think lots of schools would rather be top dog in the state with a perfect record than lose to an OOS team.  my guess only. 

how many teams in the top 25 are public anyway on average?

As of this week 16/25 in the Composite Polls were public (64%). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’ll be at the Knoxville Farragut at Maryville game tomorrow. Visiting Gatlinburg for vacay. @Omaha Vol

Farragut's a tough team, but Maryville should be able to handle them at home. Farragut has a 3-6 record coming into this game, but they've played a brutal schedule (by east Tennessee public school standards). 

You'll enjoy Gatlinburg. East Tennessee is gorgeous up in the mountainous area. Have fun! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

whats your prediction for mccalllie at LA??

lots of good TN games this week.  

region champions will be decided in these 6A games.

riverdale at oakland

bearden at bradley

ravenwood at brentwood

also, not sure if you saw but maryville knocked off alcoa at alcoa with a walk off field goal.  lots of ruffled feathers.

Knox Catholic exposed a kink in McCallie's armor last week (we'll see if KC can play Baylor close as well). LA might be having a down year, but they are certainly talented enough to beat them. Upset alert????

It's the Battle of the Boro, but Oakland should roll Riverdale with ease.

Bearden at Boo Central should be the best game tonight on rivalry Thursday. Another top game tonight might be Powell at Knox West. West should win, but Powell might be able to give them a run.

Ravenwood/Brentwood is always a good game. I also like Greeneville at Elizabethton.

45 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Knox Catholic exposed a kink in McCallie's armor last week (we'll see if KC can play Baylor close as well). LA might be having a down year, but they are certainly talented enough to beat them. Upset alert????

Bearden at Boo Central should be the best game tonight on rivalry Thursday. Another top game tonight might be Powell at Knox West. West should win, but Powell might be able to give them a run.

Ravenwood/Brentwood is always a good game. I also like Greeneville at Elizabethton.

Losing to OOS teams like IMG, Saraland and CBC doesn't constitute a "down" season. If they would've played Father Ryan, Antioch and Overton instead, they'd be 7-2 and many would be raving about their prowess. 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Farragut's a tough team, but Maryville should be able to handle them at home. Farragut has a 3-6 record coming into this game, but they've played a brutal schedule (by east Tennessee public school standards). 

You'll enjoy Gatlinburg. East Tennessee is gorgeous up in the mountainous area. Have fun! 

I’ve been to Gatlinburg more times than anywhere else. We love it. Home away from home. We usually go in the summer or winter. Love East Tennessee. That is where we will retire eventually 

28 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Losing to OOS teams like IMG, Saraland and CBC doesn't constitute a "down" season. If they would've played Father Ryan, Antioch and Overton instead, they'd be 7-2 and many would be raving about their prowess. 

Losing to a down MBA doesn’t help either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’ll be at the Knoxville Farragut at Maryville game tomorrow. Visiting Gatlinburg for vacay. @Omaha Vol

great time to be in east TN!!  should be beautiful colors.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I think LA is savy enough not to think like that.  I think if we had won either the saraland or baylor games (both very close and winnable) and not lost to a terrible MBA, I would have felt better.  losing to MBA was really what makes me think it's a down season. 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

lots of fun match ups for sure.  whoever wins the bearden/bradley game will be crowned the state champ by the homers before the playoffs ever start!  should be fun to watch!

5 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

great time to be in east TN!!  should be beautiful colors.

I think LA is savy enough not to think like that.  I think if we had won either the saraland or baylor games (both very close and winnable) and not lost to a terrible MBA, I would have felt better.  losing to MBA was really what makes me think it's a down season. 

lots of fun match ups for sure.  whoever wins the bearden/bradley game will be crowned the state champ by the homers before the playoffs ever start!  should be fun to watch!

Never heard of Bearden or Bradley 😉 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never heard of Bearden or Bradley 😉 

They are not on the national radar. Bradley Central’s only good this year because of their all world everything Boo Carter. Once he leaves they’ll return to reality. 

Bearden isn’t usually in the discussion for top teams in Tennessee, but the new recruiting standards are turning them into just that. I could see Bearden making some noise in years to come. 

Neither one of them will unseat Oakland this year. I really hope Oakland continues to venture out to play more national level teams. Going to Indianapolis to play Center Grove was a start in the right direction. It’s always been our privates that played anyone OOS (ie. LA, BA, MBA or MUS). 

Edited by Omaha Vol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

Bradley Central is thumping Bearden 39-17 late in the 3rd. Didn’t expect that domination. Looks like Powell/Knox West is the best game tonight. Knotted up at 17 in the 4th. 

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Bradley Central is thumping Bearden 39-17 late in the 3rd. Didn’t expect that domination. Looks like Powell/Knox West is the best game tonight. Knotted up at 17 in the 4th. 

yeah the east TN homers think bradley is the state champ already.  I expect oakland to right size them.  

bradley does have some talent this year but I think you are right about being a 1 hit wonder.  bearden might depending on how long the coach sticks around.  he's made waves in the past but is probably looking to get back into college coaching would be my bet.  

12 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

lots of chaos.

LA just beat mccallie.  down 28-7 at half, they scored 27 unanswered points.  super sad for the seniors who are unable to play another game.  

Amazing comeback! McCallie’s losing steam at the wrong time and Baylor is rolling. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Suffice to say that #23 McCallie will be falling from our rankings next week. 

I thought about dropping them in my poll  last week. I’ve had them in the 45-55 range for a few weeks now. After almost losing to Knox Catholic last week I should’ve dropped them, but I wrote it off as a bad week or overlooking them. It looks like Baylor is the better team now. 

24 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

lots of chaos.

LA just beat mccallie.  down 28-7 at half, they scored 27 unanswered points.  super sad for the seniors who are unable to play another game.  

I just saw that Riverdale stunned Oakland. Looks like Bradley Central will be #1 now in the public polls. Germantown #2? 

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

I thought about dropping them in my poll  last week. I’ve had them in the 45-55 range for a few weeks now. After almost losing to Knox Catholic last week I should’ve dropped them, but I wrote it off as a bad week or overlooking them. It looks like Baylor is the better team now. 

They had a nice run up until tonight. I'm a fan. 

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Suffice to say that #23 McCallie will be falling from our rankings next week. 

but for now, LA will take a top 25 win to cap off their season!  : )

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I just saw that Riverdale stunned Oakland. Looks like Bradley Central will be #1 now in the public polls. Germantown #2? 

this may be bradleys year but I hope not.  im a closet oakland fan.  @Nolebull813 showed up for quite a game!

lots of chaos!

Edited by theawesomebro

6 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

but for now, LA will take a top 25 win to cap off their season!  : )

this may be bradleys year but I hope not.  im a closet oakland fan.  @Nolebull813 showed up for quite a game!

lots of chaos!

LA isn't deserving of a T25 ranking at this time mainly due to their instate losses.