Tennessee News

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 9:17 PM, Omaha Vol said:

Oakland will probably back out of it like they did with Liberty,NV last year. 

still on the schedule last I heard.  I think TN has some descent OOS games this year.  I think this is more than recent years, isn't it?

i didn't comb through all the team but here are a few...

alcoa - totenville, NY, union county, GA

baylor - seton hall, NJ, archbishop stepinac, NY, life christian academy, VA

lipscomb - IMG, saraland, AL, christian bros, MO

mccallie - woodward academy, GA, st xavier, OH

oakland - cedar grove, IN

some notable missing schools - brentwood academy, CPA, MBA, maryville, west (knoxville)

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

still on the schedule last I heard.  I think TN has some descent OOS games this year.  I think this is more than recent years, isn't it?

some notable missing schools - brentwood academy, CPA, MBA, maryville, west (knoxville)

Welcome to the board! This is some oustanding inteliigence. Keep up the great work!! 

13 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

Lipscomb’s all-star team is taking it to the next level with IMG. We’ll find out if they are nationally legit real quick. 
I like what McCallie and Baylor are doing this year. 
Alcoa could’ve scheduled a better out-of-state opponent than Tottenville,NY. (Union Co. is a local region game. Union Co. is in Maynardville,TN) The Tornadoes do have a tough in-state schedule, though. 
Oakland is playing Center Grove on the road up in Indiana. They get props for that game. 
I, too, am disappointed that BA and MBA aren’t playing any OOS comp. Maryville never takes on anyone from OOS. They are always too scared to do that. 

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Lipscomb’s all-star team is taking it to the next level with IMG. We’ll find out if they are nationally legit real quick. 
I like what McCallie and Baylor are doing this year. 
Alcoa could’ve scheduled a better out-of-state opponent than Tottenville,NY. (Union Co. is a local region game. Union Co. is in Maynardville,TN) The Tornadoes do have a tough in-state schedule, though. 
Oakland is playing Center Grove on the road up in Indiana. They get props for that game. 
I, too, am disappointed that BA and MBA aren’t playing any OOS comp. Maryville never takes on anyone from OOS. They are always too scared to do that. 

yeah IMG is going to be a different animal.  proud they booked that game but what a tough way to open with a new QB.

maxpreps shows alcoa playing 2 union counties.  one in TN and one in GA.  funny.

Still can’t believe Lowndes GA picked some obscure no name North Carolina team over Lipscomb Academy. 

it’s one of those things where you can believe it because Lowndes has always scheduled bad, but still can’t believe a team could keep punking out on an annual basis