#4 SJB 24 vs #1 MD 22 Final

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MC brought in 20+ of the best xfers in South Florida. Plus, they beat IMG in Bradenton, which would be impossible for SJB to do thanks to the CIF!!

SJB avenged their only loss.  The earlier game didn't matter.  Winning in the Championshop game is 100x more valuable than a regular season win

By the same token, MD win over SJB earlier means nothing.   It could be argued that SJB held back and sand bagged them. 

most polls will have SJB as #1

6 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

SJB avenged their only loss.  The earlier game didn't matter.  Winning in the Championshop game is 100x more valuable than a regular season win

By the same token, MD win over SJB earlier means nothing.   It could be argued that SJB held back and sand bagged them. 

Central is a completely different team from last year. Nonetheless, SJB has been in my opine, the best all-around team week in and week out. They look more polished than MC or SFA. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

WTF???

This 7 second video is missing context based on the moment and circumstances.
Tough night but I have been through enough of these to no longer loose sleep. I’ve known Rollinson and his wife for 40 years and I’m glad he no longer has to deal with the hatred thrown at him. 
anyways…..the sun is out today and life goes on. Congratulations to Bosco. You played the better game last night.
I’m looking forward to hopefully a great day of college football with OSt/Mich and SC/ND.

Keep your head up young Monarchs. You make the alumni proud. Next season will be here before you know it. \|/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

This 7 second video is missing context based on the moment and circumstances.
Tough night but I have been through enough of these to no longer loose sleep. I’ve known Rollinson and his wife for 40 years and I’m glad he no longer has to deal with the hatred thrown at him. 
anyways…..the sun is out today and life goes on. Congratulations to Bosco. You played the better game last night.
I’m looking forward to hopefully a great day of college football with OSt/Mich and SC/ND.

Keep your head up young Monarchs. You make the alumni proud. Next season will be here before you know it. \|/

I was going to bury pompous Hurricane Nick but but out of respect for you I held off. 

most of us were pulling for the storybook ending 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

It's extrememly difficult to win a unanimous MNC. 2022 will be no different. 

Central should be #1. idc bout beatingmater die.  shoulda did the first time too, no way you  have a 1 loss team as a MNC. no dang way. plus MC schedule is stronger. SJB has not played any one except for MD. The trinity league showed they true colors & As I’ve said from the beginning mater dei & sjb are the only relevant squads in cali. everyone is mid tier. Central has went through a gaunlet playoffs with american heritage still to come. They are the #1 team in america

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lowso305 said:

Central should be #1. idc bout beatingmater die.  shoulda did the first time too, no way you  have a 1 loss team as a MNC. no dang way. plus MC schedule is stronger. SJB has not played any one except for MD. The trinity league showed they true colors & As I’ve said from the beginning mater dei & sjb are the only relevant squads in cali. everyone is mid tier. Central has went through a gaunlet playoffs with american heritage still to come. They are the #1 team in america

You make a compelling argument. And C-M potentially still has BG in the Geico event. 

1 hour ago, Lowso305 said:

Ehh,I doubt  MC is better than SJB.SJB is better than last year because of all the quality transfers they added and MC had a rough time last year.Since it’s all mythical anyways I’m sure if they win out some publication will crown 👑 MC

• Like 1

Sammy, no team sand bags a game if they want to be considered the MNC. 

@Lowso305 being an undefeated team doesn’t automatically make you the MNC. MD and SJB lost to each other. They didn't lose to any other team in Americuh.  How was the Trinity League exposed this year? The casual high-school football fan knows that in the Trinity it is MD and SJB way at the top and then every other team. 

With that said, let's have Bishop Gorman vs MC in the Geico series. Will find out if all those transfers truly make a difference against a top team.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Old_e said:

Sammy, no team sand bags a game if they want to be considered the MNC. 

@Lowso305 being an undefeated team doesn’t automatically make you the MNC. MD and SJB lost to each other. They didn't lose to any other team in Americuh.  How was the Trinity League exposed this year? The casual high-school football fan knows that in the Trinity it is MD and SJB way at the top and then every other team. 

With that said, let's have Bishop Gorman vs MC in the Geico series. Will find out if all those transfers truly make a difference against a top team.

BG can't play MC in the Geico event as MC will still be in its playoff run. BGs most likely opponent is C-M, which is still a fantastic game. 

MCs win at IMG and MD/SJBs inability to play IMG could come back to haunt the TL and CIF this season. I for one believe that an undefeated team should be MNC as long as its SOS is acceptable, which MCs and C-Ms are. 

On 11/27/2022 at 9:35 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

BG can't play MC in the Geico event as MC will still be in its playoff run. BGs most likely opponent is C-M, which is still a fantastic game. 

MCs win at IMG and MD/SJBs inability to play IMG could come back to haunt the TL and CIF this season. I for one believe that an undefeated team should be MNC as long as its SOS is acceptable, which MCs and C-Ms are. 

You are a spin master.   Before this week you were saying that in order to win a MNC, teams HAD to schedule OOS teams, preferably MULTIPLE OOS teams,

Now we have MC which did not schedule any OOS teams, not even STA,  as your National #1.  

This is twisted and makes no sense when the bar keeps getting moved weekly.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

You are a spin master.   Before this week you were saying that in order to win a MNC, teams HAD to schedule OOS teams, preferably MULTIPLE OOS teams,

Now we have MC which did not schedule any OOS teams, not even STA,  as your National #1.  

This is twisted and makes no sense when the bar keeps getting moved weekly.

You and I both know that beating IMG in Bradention is as good a quality win than most OOS wins.

And let's not forget that SJB is in this predicament because the CIF won't allow them to play IMG. Such a win this year would have SJB as the clear #1 as of today. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You and I both know that beating IMG in Bradention is as good a quality win than most OOS wins.

And let's not forget that SJB is in this predicament because the CIF won't allow them to play IMG. Such a win this year would have SJB as the clear #1 as of today. 

SJB flew to Texas, Hawaii and Oregon to compensate for not being allowed to play IMG.   Then they beat MD in the championship game.   You helped SJB schedule and positioned those games as necessary if they wanted to win a MNC.  

MC didn't go anywhere........

56 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

SJB flew to Texas, Hawaii and Oregon to compensate for not being allowed to play IMG.   Then they beat MD in the championship game.   You helped SJB schedule and positioned those games as necessary if they wanted to win a MNC.  

MC didn't go anywhere........

IMG > Allen, Mililani and Central Catholic. 

SJB could've played SFA in the TL vs The USA event. But NOOOOOOOOOO!!!