The Hunt for the MNC

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Road to the MNC:

1. Mater Dei- win out and MC and CM both lose
  2. MC- win out and SJB beats MD
  3. C-M- win out, SJB beats MD and MC loses. C-M beats BG in the Geico event
  4. SJB- beat MD, MC loses, C-M loses to BG in Geico event

#1.jpg

#1 should just be contingent on MD winning out, what MC and CM do also should not be a factor 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Overall body of work. If MD wins out they would have beaten 3 top 10 teams (SJB twice) that should be enough of a qualifier on its own 

I get it it. However, if SJB beats MD, there's no way I'm crowning a 1-loss team. Too many deserving elite, undefeated teams are still out there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I get it it. However, if SJB beats MD, there's no way I'm crowning a 1-loss team. Too many deserving elite, undefeated teams are still out there. 

SJB winning out is a different scenario, I was only addressing the “what ifs” to if MD won out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What about if C-M beats BG by 21 when MD only beat them by 3? 

Careful comparing scores from early season games.  

If  - if and buts we’re candies and nuts we would al have merry fuckin Christmas 

told you all year Buford, CC, C-M  are not nearly what you thought.  If BG brings A game vs C-M I would expect 17 point win for BG

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If Bosco beats MD, you need to ask yourself who would win if Bosco played those other teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

If Bosco beats MD, you need to ask yourself who would win if Bosco played those other teams. 

Nah. I'll just crown an undefeated team with the best resume as MNC. Not being able to play IMG will hurt in this respect going fwd.

If SJB and MC both win out MC will be our MNC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Careful comparing scores from early season games.  

If  - if and buts we’re candies and nuts we would al have merry fuckin Christmas 

told you all year Buford, CC, C-M  are not nearly what you thought.  If BG brings A game vs C-M I would expect 17 point win for BG

I was always with you on Buford, who was #11-15 in our poll for most of the season. I agree that CC was a fraud. C-M is in our T3 and they def deserve to be!! SJC winning the WCAC is further proof of this. 

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nah. I'll just crown an undefeated team with the best resume as MNC. Not being able to play IMG will hurt in this respect going fwd.

If SJB and MC both win out MC will be our MNC. 

I beg to differ. To me it is always a question of who I think is the better team, rather than the team with the unblemished record. 

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

MD/SJB winner will win the natty. Only way that doesn’t happen is if, by some miracle, SM Serra shocks the country in the Open game. 

There are many polls out there each with differing opinions on this topic. It's extremely difficult for a team to win a unanimous MNC. ANd MD is the only team with that oppty as of tonight. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 5:48 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I was always with you on Buford, who was #11-15 in our poll for most of the season. I agree that CC was a fraud. C-M is in our T3 and they def deserve to be!! SJC winning the WCAC is further proof of this. 

The WCAC is hit & miss - be careful with them.  Fool’s Gold!

The super recruited privates should all be playing one another.  This wouldn’t be so hard.

I thought MD had some game changing calls both not called and called that cost them the game.

one TD pass SJB clearly blocking down field with ball in the air- not called 

the block punt TD

Yeah because only privates recruit?

Also still think Chaminade didn't deserve to be ranked top 10 nationally?

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah because only privates recruit?

Also still think Chaminade didn't deserve to be ranked top 10 nationally?

It’s the level of recruiting and you know there is difference in how privates like SJB, MD and others do it vs 99.9% of publics

I know C-M is really good.  Not 100% if they are top 10 if not really close

It’s the level of recruiting and you know there is difference in how privates like SJB, MD and others do it vs 99.9% of publics

I know C-M is really good.  Not 100% if they are top 10 if not really close

Miami Central has gotten 20+ transfers the last 5 years 

That's a higher rate than ANY private in Florida

And I get it Miami Central is the top dog in Dade County and every stud wants to be there but I can tell you right now they are getting talent EASIER than any private in Florida is (since IMG Academy is a academy based boarding school they aren't the same as the other private schools like STA, AHP, Chaminade, etc which aren't boarding schools)

As a result under the current state law (thanks Rick Scott) a school like Miami Central or Northwestern has the same ability to get kids as any private school in Florida can 

Idk the transfer rules of California well enough to know if player movement is strict but I can tell you now that in Florida most of the metros it's no different for a public school in Dade, Broward or Duval county to get a kid than any private since those counties typically don't operate at capacity like you may see in Hillsborough

37 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Miami Central has gotten 20+ transfers the last 5 years 

That's a higher rate than ANY private in Florida

And I get it Miami Central is the top dog in Dade County and every stud wants to be there but I can tell you right now they are getting talent EASIER than any private in Florida is (since IMG Academy is a academy based boarding school they aren't the same as the other private schools like STA, AHP, Chaminade, etc which aren't boarding schools)

As a result under the current state law (thanks Rick Scott) a school like Miami Central or Northwestern has the same ability to get kids as any private school in Florida can 

You realize that some kids in the Miami area simply would never consider public school like Miami Central. Miami Central may get transfers it more pot luck than anything else.  
most of these private schools especially the successful ones are attractive option for any athlete regardless of the color of their skin or the amount of money the family has.  Throw in free private education and now you have the ability to build every aspect of the team all the way down to deep snappers and kickers.  

C-M been recruiting players going way back.  I remember the program article about C-M when they played Tyler Lee back in the day.  Head Coach from Southridge at the time was quoted that he got more credit coaching at Miami Southridge than at C-M because the way they had the teamed stacked.