Florida News

The issue to me isn’t even the metro/suburban thing even though that is stupid. The main issue I have is 9 fucking classes. Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ, when it was 8 I thought that was about 2-3 too many. And they add another! This participation trophy society is running amok 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Dumb AF idea. 

You were against moving from runner ups to wild cards so you just hate any form of change 

GET OUT OF THE 1960s!

This state classifications are broken because the "good ole boys" of the Florida State legislature passed school choice which allowed open transfer rules and allowed public schools to get 15-20+ transfers in a single off-season which has made it impossible for any team not in those metro counties to win state titles unless they can steal talent from other counties nearby

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

The issue to me isn’t even the metro/suburban thing even though that is stupid. The main issue I have is 9 fucking classes. Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ, when it was 8 I thought that was about 2-3 too many. And they add another! This participation trophy society is running amok 

They could have 4 classifications and if they using student enrollment as the only factor for it then it will STILL BE HOT GARBAGE

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I have an idea 

Since by your logic more championships mean participation trophies

1 classification for entire state, meaning everyone from Madison County to Miami Central and St Thomas Aquinas are in one classification

32 teams make playoffs as ranked by calpreps and everyone who doesn't make it get a voice message "you suck and are garbage work harder" from the FHSAA

Since by your logic any more than one state champion is participation trophy mindset Nolebullshit

• Haha 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I would be ok with them having one 64 team bracket and Josh picks 8 voters to vote for the top 64 and they play it off! 

Me, ColumboFan, Josh are 3 so we need 5 more. Lol

Nope has to be 32 because anymore we are letting "losers" into the bracket 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I would be ok with them having one 64 team bracket and Josh picks 8 voters to vote for the top 64 and they play it off! 

Me, ColumboFan, Josh are 3 so we need 5 more. Lol

I actually like that kinda of committee selection idea but it would need to be seen what criteria is used for selection

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Jesus! 9 classes now!? I agree with you with about the participation trophies. I've been bitching about this for Tennessee for years, to no avail. TN has 5 classes when they should have no more than 3 based on population of the state. Back when I played there we had 3 classes (that included the privates). The playoffs were no joke back in those days. A state championship was definitely earned back then. I miss that! 

• Like 1

Just now, Omaha Vol said:

Jesus! 9 classes now!? I agree with you with about the participation trophies. I've been bitching about this for Tennessee for years, to no avail. TN has 5 classes when they should have no more than 3 based on population of the state. Back when I played there we had 3 classes (that included the privates). The playoffs were no joke back in those days. A state championship was definitely earned back then. I miss that! 

Our next Q&A will be covering this topic in-depth. Stay tuned. 

26 minutes ago, 181pl said:

another fhsaa disaster

Well this was caused because the state legislature lead by those "good ole boys" passed a state law that made it impossible to stop transfers and yet it's funny I see you continue to want public vs private split yet guess what

It's the same state legislature who won't let the FHSAA do that 

The disaster here is the leadership at the top of this state doesn't give a damn about education or public schools because they would rather everyone attend a private school so they don't have to invest anything into education because private schools are not state funded like public schools

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well this was caused because the state legislature lead by those "good ole boys" passed a state law that made it impossible to stop transfers and yet it's funny I see you continue to want public vs private split yet guess what

It's the same state legislature who won't let the FHSAA do that 

The disaster here is the leadership at the top of this state doesn't give a damn about education or public schools because they would rather everyone attend a private school so they don't have to invest anything into education because private schools are not state funded like public schools

Public schools are a failure because they have to keep the worst of the worst in there disrupting teachers and learning. Also,  I work close to a high school and there is 50 kids at any time of the day skipping school. Just randomly walking around the streets at all hours. These schools are being funded with the belief that these 50 loser punks are attending school. So however much money they spend per student is being thrown in the toilet. 

The way you help public school funding is you get rid of the garbage kids who don’t want an education, and use the money for upgrades afterwards. 

If taxpayers pay about $6,000 on average per public kid for everything and 50 of them are skipping, fighting, etc that’s $300,000 down the drain per school! 

Edited by Nolebull813

It’s actually $7,400 per year!! 

Jesus Christ. What a fucking waste. That money should have the option to attend a private school to help a kid who really wants to learn and make something out themselves but their parents can’t afford it. They are stuck in some dumpy public school that costs taxpayers the same amount of money it would cost to send them to a private school for no reason. Damn shame. That’s why public schools are afraid to expel kids who fight, bring frogs to school, skip etc etc. they want the money to keep rolling in. 

2160E377-2F03-4984-85C2-A6CFD81FEE59.png

27 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

The FHSAA might as well rename it "The Florida High School Sectional Championship." You can have a true state champion if there's separation in classes with the same population numbers. They know it, but don't care. 

By definition it can’t be a “state” championship. 

Metro is an area of a state. Same with the suburbs or rural parts. They are areas of the state. 

They have to be renamed the 4A Metro Area Championship, the 2A Suburban Area Championship etc etc. Not the state championship, because that is false advertising. 

Edited by Nolebull813
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

By definition it can’t be a “state” championship. 

Metro is an area of a state. Same with the suburbs or rural parts. They are areas of the state. 

They have to be renamed the 4A Metro Area Championship, the 2A Suburban Area Championship etc etc. Not the state championship, because that is false advertising. 

Totally agreed. 

• Thanks 1