Florida News

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Kicking the issue down the road is exactly what not passing the metro vs suburban thing will do 

It's always the same shit, "oh these privates are recruiting" "split privates vs publics" bullshit!

There are countless publics in Florida recruiting at a higher rate than most if not all private schools here in Florida but these dumb hicks don't get the clear picture and still think private schools are the problem

Dillard has probably recruited more guys this off-season than Cardinal Gibbons has in two years but guess which school everyone accuse of recruiting and which they don't?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Kicking the issue down the road is exactly what not passing the metro vs suburban thing will do 

It's always the same shit, "oh these privates are recruiting" "split privates vs publics" bullshit!

There are countless publics in Florida recruiting at a higher rate than most if not all private schools here in Florida but these dumb hicks don't get the clear picture and still think private schools are the problem

Dillard has probably recruited more guys this off-season than Cardinal Gibbons has in two years but guess which school everyone accuse of recruiting and which they don't?

I'm not here to get into a debate with you on this. Because I know how you can get on these forums. But one question I have for you and the people who are in favor of this...What happens to the schools that are in "Metro" areas that can't compete on the level of the power schools? Will they be allowed to complete in the "Suburban" class? It's not fair to them either, since folks want "everybody" to have a chance. I can think of 15-30 schools in Miami Dade County and Broward County that won't even sniff being close to winning a state championship. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

I'm not here to get into a debate with you on this. Because I know how you can get on these forums. But one question I have for you and the people who are in favor of this...What happens to the schools that are in "Metro" areas that can't compete on the level of the power schools? Will they be allowed to complete in the "Suburban" class? It's not fair to them either, since folks want "everybody" to have a chance. I can think of 15-30 schools in Miami Dade County and Broward County that won't even sniff being close to winning a state championship. 

If the FHSAA was smart they would split the 4 metro classes into 4 quadrants of taking the 25% win percentage over each cycle and make that the 4 sectionals and by doing that teams who win end up in D1 and teams who struggle drop down to compete with similar teams 

Of course the FHSAA is too indecisive to do that but that would get around that issue 

See unlike your buddy canes I am actually aware of solutions and know what I'm talking about, I'm not some fake insider who can't tell the difference between my ass and my elbow in a football discussion

This was actually something I talked about with uncle Luke in one of his Twitter spaces recently about how to make this system work for it's intended purpose but sadly the FHSAA seems to have one foot in and one foot out with a potential solution while trying to keep traditionalists happy  

1 hour ago, MC ROCKETS said:

The very reason that we continue to get blowouts is the metro schools all recruit from the entire county

Hell in the case of your school you all snatching plenty of Broward kids like you all had how many hallandale kids starting on your defense last year?

You could take all the top talent in Columbia, Union, Suwannee, Baker, Hamilton, alachua, Gilchrist and Lafayette counties and put them on one roster and it wouldn't add up to half the blue chippers Miami Central had by themselves

How the fuck are any of these counties supposed to realistically contend when they can't even halfway match the talent even if they had 8!! Counties to pull from

That's an issue because these counties should have no schools in the same class as any school in a county of 1m plus people to pull from because they can't realistically be expected to have any hope of standing on the same level 

They may as well not even bother competing in the playoffs as the results will never change, they are hopeless and like lambs walking into slaughter anytime these games take place because they can't be expected to ever have a prayer of pulling enough talent to keep the game close and that is a disservice to the fans who attend playoff and state championship games, it's a disservice to these programs who put in work to face a matchup they are buried and done in the minute the game is set, it's a disservice to a school like Miami Central who work all season for a state championship and face a team that they could beat with their JV squad and don't even have to try in order to running clock them 

Florida needs a system that is adapting with the open enrollment rule we have and putting teams of similar talent pools together as using school enrollment numbers as the lone aspect to determine classifications has long been a broken system and is THE main reason the postseason and state championship games lack any form of competitive nature 

• Like 1

To me, this is just another measure to protect private schools. FHSAA doesn't want them separated and doesn't want them to leave. That is the ultimate issue being kicked down the road, not the manufactured solution of metro and rural. I'd create 3 private school classes and have 4 or 5 public school classes. This literally solves everything. If desired, FHSAA can then have an open bowl or three if the teams want to play in them.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, 181pl said:

To me, this is just another measure to protect private schools. FHSAA doesn't want them separated and doesn't want them to leave. That is the ultimate issue being kicked down the road, not the manufactured solution of metro and rural. I'd create 3 private school classes and have 4 or 5 public school classes. This literally solves everything. If desired, FHSAA can then have an open bowl or three if the teams want to play in them.

One the FHSAA isn't the one "protecting" private schools it's the state government

Two with open enrollment there are public schools recruiting far worse than any of the privates 

Just because you put your head in the sand and scream to pretend the truth isn't happening doesn't mean it isn't there 

38 minutes ago, 181pl said:

How?!!

How does this solve public schools getting over 20 transfers and smashing teams in the finals who are completely outmatched talent wise because there isn't a prayer they can get enough talent to keep up with the recruiting public schools? 

They pass that dumb idea of separating publics vs privates you will get the same blowouts you get now and people will see once and for all that privates weren't the problem that needed to be fixed 

It's crazy how I can literally break down the entire issue but people are too far out of the loop that they continue to say the same nonsense in every thread for 6 or 7 years and still think we in the 1970s 

Newsflash separating publics and privates only would work if privates were the only ones recruiting and @181pl if you really believe that only privates are recruiting you and anyone agreeing with you is clearly not qualified to have this discussion because there is so much evidence of publics recruiting since open enrollment was passed by the state legislature 

but hey go ahead and defend your case, I would actually respect that more than someone who takes a pot shot then runs off into the shadows and will come back later saying "oh your wrong you don't know nothing" when they provided no evidence to disprove anything I said 

Edited by Columbiafan

26 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

It's crazy how I can literally break down the entire issue but people are too far out of the loop that they continue to say the same nonsense in every thread for 6 or 7 years and still think we in the 1970s 

Newsflash separating publics and privates only would work if privates were the only ones recruiting and @181pl if you really believe that only privates are recruiting you and anyone agreeing with you is clearly not qualified to have this discussion because there is so much evidence of publics recruiting since open enrollment was passed by the state legislature 

but hey go ahead and defend your case, I would actually respect that more than someone who takes a pot shot then runs off into the shadows and will come back later saying "oh your wrong you don't know nothing" when they provided no evidence to disprove anything I said 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I actually like @181plrecommendation. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I actually like @181plrecommendation. 

Yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion

But being able to justify it and how it would fix a much bigger issue is on you, I can justify how my suggestion could work, can he do the same? If so I'm welcome to listen but I want to see someone back it up because I haven't seen an argument that splitting public vs privates will fix EVERY issue with competitive imbalance in the state of Florida since the open enrollment change

Not to mention the FHSAA can't actually split publics vs privates without the state of Florida legislation pulling the FHSAA funding which is something most people debating it don't fully understand

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion

But being able to justify it and how it would fix a much bigger issue is on you, I can justify how my suggestion could work, can he do the same? If so I'm welcome to listen but I want to see someone back it up because I haven't seen an argument that splitting public vs privates will fix EVERY issue with competitive imbalance in the state of Florida since the open enrollment change

Not to mention the FHSAA can't actually split publics vs privates without the state of Florida legislation pulling the FHSAA funding which is something most people debating it don't fully understand

🤦🏽‍♂️

10 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

Oh so you think splitting the publics and privates solve all the issues? Please explain how that will work 

I can list countless schools this past year that had double digits in transfers and a good number of them are gonna be public schools so if the transfer problem is publics AND privates than I'm not seeing how only splitting privates is gonna fix the problem

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Oh so you think splitting the publics and privates solve all the issues? Please explain how that will work 

I can list countless schools this past year that had double digits in transfers and a good number of them are gonna be public schools so if the transfer problem is publics AND privates than I'm not seeing how only splitting privates is gonna fix the problem

You just fell for the trap dude! That emoji was just to bait you. Lol! Always gotta try and prove your point and have the last word. I see you have learned NOTHING over the years. NOTHING!!! 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1

They don’t need to split up anything. I said it many times, the way to make the regular season and playoffs more meaningful is to cut the classes from 8 to 5. 

There is about 500 teams so if you made it 100 teams per class, and 16 districts each class, it would come out to about 5-7 teams per district. 

The 100 smallest teams in enrollment are 1A and so on. It would make the playoffs way more competitive. 

And before you say it’s not fair to this team or that team remember THEY DONT WIN NOW!!!! People cry that crappy teams who never had a shot now, won’t have a shot in a new and better system. 

We are appeasing crap teams that don’t matter. It’s lame and is the opposite of competition 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

You just fell for the trap dude! That emoji was just to bait you. Lol! Always gotta try and prove your point and have the last word. I see you have learned NOTHING over the years. NOTHING!!! 🤦🏽‍♂️

What word? You haven't made a single statement to justify anything

"Your wrong and I'm right" either participate and actually justify your stance or buzz off

Last time I checked this is a public forum and I have as much of a right to post in any topic I damn well please as you 

The difference is you can't actually justify anything that's why you have to be a half ass rendition of Los to try and stay relevant in the discussion you are so far out of your element on 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

They don’t need to split up anything. I said it many times, the way to make the regular season and playoffs more meaningful is to cut the classes from 8 to 5. 

There is about 500 teams so if you made it 100 teams per class, and 16 districts each class, it would come out to about 5-7 teams per district. 

The 100 smallest teams in enrollment are 1A and so on. It would make the playoffs way more competitive. 

And before you say it’s not fair to this team or that team remember THEY DONT WIN NOW!!!! People cry that crappy teams who never had a shot now, won’t have a shot in a new and better system. 

We are appeasing crap teams that don’t matter. It’s lame and is the opposite of competition 

Dropping the classifications ain't gonna make the finals any more competitive because they will still use the same out of date student enrollment to determine classification

That's really the biggest mistake the FHSAA keeps making, they are using a method to form classifications that doesn't measure anything effectively anymore

You have schools with 300 kids who are better than schools of 4k

It's not a good way to determine classifications anymore now that we have open enrollment and kids can go to any school in or out of their county 

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Dropping the classifications ain't gonna make the finals any more competitive because they will still use the same out of date student enrollment to determine classification

That's really the biggest mistake the FHSAA keeps making, they are using a method to form classifications that doesn't measure anything effectively anymore

You have schools with 300 kids who are better than schools of 4k

It's not a good way to determine classifications anymore now that we have open enrollment and kids can go to any school in or out of their county 

I know. I remember seeing 3A Jax TC beat 8A West Orange 42-7 and West Orange went to the state semi finals 

Florida more so than any other state has proven that enrollment is not the most important thing regarding quality of teams. In Texas and Georgia the top classes are the best. In Florida it rotates. But if you think about it, the entire smaller classes can’t compete like that. It’s only a couple at the very top of each class. 

Edited by Nolebull813
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What word? You haven't made a single statement to justify anything

"Your wrong and I'm right" either participate and actually justify your stance or buzz off

Last time I checked this is a public forum and I have as much of a right to post in any topic I damn well please as you 

The difference is you can't actually justify anything that's why you have to be a half ass rendition of Los to try and stay relevant in the discussion you are so far out of your element on 

Lol! Columbiafan...you're cute! 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I know. I remember seeing 3A beat 8A West Orange 42-7 and West Orange went to the state semi finals 

Florida more so than any other state has proven that enrollment is not the most important thing regarding quality of teams. In Texas and Georgia the top classes are the best. In Florida it rotates. But if you think about it, the entire smaller classes can’t compete like that. It’s only a couple at the very top of each class. 

Yeah but look at where most of those small schools are located too 

When you have open enrollment and a school pulling from a population of 1m in the county, student enrollment is always going to fail in it's intended purpose

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Nice so as usual

Your mouth writes checks your research and effort can't cash 

Your a Miami version of ga96, your so sure that I'm wrong yet you can't actually prove it 🤣

First of all, if you're going to write something that many will see, at least be grammatical correct in your spelling. It's "you're" not "your." I know that and I'm from Miami! 🤣 

Secondly like I said to you a few years back on the Florida forum, is being correct or first on a message board going pay "your" bills, put food on "your" table, etc.? (You see how I used "your" in the right context?)

Who were your English teachers up there in Lake City?

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Nice so as usual

Your mouth writes checks your research and effort can't cash 

Your a Miami version of ga96, your so sure that I'm wrong yet you can't actually prove it 🤣

I never once said, nor do I care if you are wrong. What I do know is YOU don't make one damn decision when it comes to this, so all those long a$$ paragraphs are irrelevant! 

30 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but look at where most of those small schools are located too 

When you have open enrollment and a school pulling from a population of 1m in the county, student enrollment is always going to fail in it's intended purpose

But the top 2A teams are pretty even with the top 1A teams. 

A few years ago a first round loser from 1A beat the 2A state champ! 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

But the top 2A teams are pretty even with the top 1A teams. 

A few years ago a first round loser from 1A beat the 2A state champ! 

Well If TCA and Madison played we would have a better idea but I had the chance to see both teams and I would say TCA was at least 17 points better than Madison