Georgia News

11 minutes ago, Stevenfrmdab said:

Right this would be competitive for high school football. Top teams ranked play each other every year on ESPN would be fun to watch.

The problem is most of these don’t play. STA has only played SFA the past 5 years. 

MD and SJB won’t schedule IMG any longer 

SFA appears to be the only one ready to schedule the others. the only team they haven’t played yet is SJB. 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The problem is most of these don’t play. STA has only played SFA the past 5 years. 

MD and SJB won’t schedule IMG any longer 

SFA appears to be the only one ready to schedule the others. the only team they haven’t played yet is SJB. 

SJB won't schedule SFA. Go figure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Why won’t they schedule STA? They haven’t played since ‘16 I believe. 

I believe the CIF banned California schools from playing schools around the country that don’t compete in their state championships playoffs. IMG Academy, St. Frances Academy, Oak Hill Academy, etc, are examples of those schools. 

Edit: was trying to respond to another poster but accidentally quoted yours instead. 

Edited by WILKINSON

8 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I believe the CIF banned California schools from playing schools around the country that don’t compete in their state championships playoffs. IMG Academy, St. Frances Academy, Oak Hill Academy, etc, are examples of those schools. 

Edit: was trying to respond to another poster but accidentally quoted yours instead. 

No problem, but mater dei played SFA in ‘19.  Maybe that was before their new policy