Teams Trending Down

I don't think GSB realizes that Austin Westlake and Austin Lake Travis are rivals, and one of the biggest rivalries in the entire state. 

And if anyone knows anything about sports in general, it's that records are out the window when it comes to rivalry games. 

Austin Westlake is currently riding a 44-game winning streak. Guess who the last team to beat them was? That's right. LAKE TRAVIS. That was way back in 2019. 

"It’s Westlake’s sixth win in the Battle of the Lakes series since 2006.

Coming into the game, Westlake has won three of the last four meetings between the schools, but the Cavaliers have dominated the series since 2006, going 10-5. Lake Travis beat Westlake nine consecutive years from 2008-2016, but last year, the Chaps pounded the Cavs 63-21.

Lake Travis has won six state championships, five in a row while in Class 4A from 2007-2011, while Westlake has claimed four with three coming in Class 6A the past three seasons. Lake Travis was the last team to beat Westlake when they topped them 26-25 in 2019."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Before that loss, KAH had won 60 out of their last 61 games at home. It's been proven to be the toughest place in HSFB to play. Kudos to SFA!! 

Please stop.  When Bosco was 1 they beat Joes at Joes 42-0, and Joes was top 40.  Give SFA the MNC tonight.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

Please stop.  When Bosco was 1 they beat Joes at Joes 42-0, and Joes was top 40.  Give SFA the MNC tonight.  

The Panthers are going to have to win out for that to happen! Including beating a team like MC, BG, C-M, STA, Buford, etc in the Geico Bowl. Still lots of HSFB to be played! 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:24 PM, WILKINSON said:

I don't think GSB realizes that Austin Westlake and Austin Lake Travis are rivals, and one of the biggest rivalries in the entire state. 

And if anyone knows anything about sports in general, it's that records are out the window when it comes to rivalry games. 

Austin Westlake is currently riding a 44-game winning streak. Guess who the last team to beat them was? That's right. LAKE TRAVIS. That was way back in 2019. 

"It’s Westlake’s sixth win in the Battle of the Lakes series since 2006.

Coming into the game, Westlake has won three of the last four meetings between the schools, but the Cavaliers have dominated the series since 2006, going 10-5. Lake Travis beat Westlake nine consecutive years from 2008-2016, but last year, the Chaps pounded the Cavs 63-21.

Lake Travis has won six state championships, five in a row while in Class 4A from 2007-2011, while Westlake has claimed four with three coming in Class 6A the past three seasons. Lake Travis was the last team to beat Westlake when they topped them 26-25 in 2019."

Lakes Travis is young and had several injuries this year.  They will be much improved by seasons end and should be major player next year.

38 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

GSB Top 25 is trending down 

MD + 10 over SJB

SJB + 27 over  Kahuku

SFA + 7 over Kahuku

SFA + 7 over ESL

Creekside +2 over ESL

Durch Fork +8 over Creekside

Rome +10 over Creekside 

But sure SFA #1

SFA is the ONLY HSFB team in America with five (5) Top 70 wins!! And those MD and SJB wins listed above were home games. Huge difference winning on the road in the world of HSFB. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is the ONLY HSFB team in America with five (5) Top 70 wins!! And those MD and SJB wins listed above were home games. Huge difference winning on the road in the world of HSFB. 

If we were trying to establish SFA credentials as a Top 25 team I would be impressed. 

But Lke John Curtis in 2012, SFA has no (zero), (0) Top 25 wins 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

If we were trying to establish SFA credentials as a Top 25 team I would be impressed. 

That has been what I have been going back in forth with him all day about. Dude is a complete bozo!!! It's clearly personal with this guy. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Apparently, five top 70 wins is more impressive than three top 10 wins. 🤦‍♂️

A team's complete body of work from top to bottom is of supreme importance to yours truly. The West and La Mirada games are holding MD back. But this is only one poll. I'm sure the others will be much kinder. 

44 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Remember, rivalry game with IMG upcoming, plus one last one with last one with either FL #1, GA #1 or BG. Total body of work is the key!! 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A team's complete body of work from top to bottom is of supreme importance to yours truly. The West and La Mirada games are holding MD back. But this is only one poll. I'm sure the others will be much kinder. 

Okay, so West and LaMirada are holding MD back. That is an interesting way to rank.

SFA’s next 4 games are against teams lower ranked than La Mirada and West. Will you hold the same standard to SFA? Their SOS will take a huge hit in the upcoming weeks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Okay, so West and LaMirada are holding MD back. That is an interesting way to rank.

SFA’s next 4 games are against teams lower ranked than La Mirada and West. Will you hold the same standard to SFA? Their SOS will take a huge hit in the upcoming weeks. 

I'm sure he will. It's something about those TOP 70 wins that keeps his nipples hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I think he's actually hoping SFA loses soon so he can get out of his predicament honorably.

He knows the right thing to do, but doesn't want to look as if he was talked into doing it from the message board. Pride and ego is a dangerous thing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...