Teams Trending Down

33 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And teams are still mortified to play them! Smh. Every public should aspire to be like MC!

Lol - I don’t see other recruited privates lining up to play them.

why do they have so many games vs Public schools 

Jesus Christ - SJB has not played them or SFA 

lol recruited vomit private schools must be scared too!!!

@Bones 

29 minutes ago, Bones said:

I dont know what Clearwater Academy is. But IMG isn't high school football, it's club football. They should have a league for them, like AAU basketball.

AAU basketball also is not high school basketball. It would be ridiculous for AAU clubs to play high school teams in games that mattered.

Yet, "regular" public programs continue to beat teams like IMG in basketball annually. People don't get it yet. Avoiding IMG only makes them even more powerful. 

38 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Lol - I don’t see other recruited privates lining up to play them.

why do they have so many games vs Public schools 

Jesus Christ - SJB has not played them or SFA 

lol recruited vomit private schools must be scared too!!!

You're wrong. In recent years MC has played the likes of DBP, SJC, DMC, BG, SJB, SFA, STA, C-M, CG, AHP, etc. MC LOVES to schedule Power Privates!! 

And the same goes for IMG, who's played the majority of the Power Privates around the country when and where able. 

1 hour ago, Bones said:

I dont know what Clearwater Academy is. But IMG isn't high school football, it's club football. They should have a league for them, like AAU basketball.

AAU basketball also is not high school basketball. It would be ridiculous for AAU clubs to play high school teams in games that mattered.

Clearwater Academy is basically an international school with a limited budget 

If they had the financial backing IMG has they would probably be on par with SFA and IMG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And teams are still mortified to play them! Smh. Every public should aspire to be like MC!

To be fair not many publics have access to the talent pool of Miami Central either 

You won't see average publics hanging with IMG, only elite ones 

It says more about IMG that with all their resources they got out coached and out played by a Dade county public school

Just now, Columbiafan said:

To be fair not many publics have access to the talent pool of Miami Central either 

You won't see average publics hanging with IMG, only elite ones 

It says more about IMG that with all their resources they got out coached and out played by a Dade county public school

There are 10+ public programs within a 10 mile radius of MC that have access to the same exact talent pool. Dade ballers choose MC over the others because of their OOS scheduling prowess, as well as its rich history and recent successes on and off the playing field. 

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are 10+ public programs within a 10 mile radius of MC that have access to the same exact talent pool. Dade ballers choose MC over the others because of their OOS scheduling prowess, as well as its rich history and recent successes on and off the playing field. 

Oh I get that 

What I'm saying is not every public in the country has access to Dade county kids 

@Bones 

Yet, "regular" public programs continue to beat teams like IMG in basketball annually. People don't get it yet. Avoiding IMG only makes them even more powerful. 

Don't know about IMG hoops. But it's still not high school, it's club. I didn't argue that school teams can't beat club teams, and especially in hoops where one player can mean a world of difference.

I'm saying they're two different things. And that doesn't even mean they shouldn't scrimmage or play, just shouldn't play a game that matters.

When I played pop Warner we had an annual "bowl" game before our real season started against a program in YFL or some other league. Their weight requirements were different than Pop Warners so we were always matched up against bigger teams, not by the luck of the draw but by rule. It was okay to play the game, the game just didn't count. We won some and lost some.

42 minutes ago, Bones said:

Don't know about IMG hoops. But it's still not high school, it's club. I didn't argue that school teams can't beat club teams, and especially in hoops where one player can mean a world of difference.

I'm saying they're two different things. And that doesn't even mean they shouldn't scrimmage or play, just shouldn't play a game that matters.

When I played pop Warner we had an annual "bowl" game before our real season started against a program in YFL or some other league. Their weight requirements were different than Pop Warners so we were always matched up against bigger teams, not by the luck of the draw but by rule. It was okay to play the game, the game just didn't count. We won some and lost some.

As long as the kids playing are all age appropriate, I'm cool with any two teams playing each other. The team whose kids work and practice harder, and are coached better, will almost always win. Again, every publc HSFB team in America should aspire to be like MC rather than treat IMG like the plague. Winning mentalities always win. 

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As long as the kids playing are all age appropriate, I'm cool with any two teams playing each other. The team whose kids work and practice harder, and are coached better, will almost always win. Again, every publc HSFB team in America should aspire to be like MC rather than treat IMG like the plague. Winning mentalities always win. 

I don't have any issue with someone scheduling IMG, most know you schedule them at your own risk and know they will likely be the toughest game on the schedule for 99.9% of the teams 

But to say because Miami Central pulling from a county of 3m can beat IMG that ANY public can is silly, only a select few publics each year even have a hope of winning that game 

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If it was about winning mentality and coaching why do they have to recruit all the top players across the country? They should suit up the tennis team to play football on Fridays and Saturdays.

If I'm a high school team I'd want to play other high school teams. I may scrimmage IMG in a game that doesn't count though.

Edited by Bones
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bones said:

If it was about winning mentality and coaching why do they have to recruit all the top players across the country? They should suit up the tennis team to play football on Fridays and Saturdays.

If I'm a high school team I'd want to play other high school teams. I may scrimmage IMG in a game that doesn't count though.

Ask Nick Bollettieri, the visionary who opened the school in 1978. IMG continues to change the way sports are taught at the elite levels. 

Ask Nick Bollettieri, the visionary who opened the school in 1978. IMG continues to change the way sports are taught at the elite levels. 

The question was rhetorical. I don't have a problem with IMG maybe there should even be more IMG's, they should just play each other though. Football AAU circuit. They don't play football with the tennis team because it's not about coaching and winning mentality.

All I'm saying is they're not high school football and shouldn't be playing for the same goal as high school teams.

22 minutes ago, Bones said:

The question was rhetorical. I don't have a problem with IMG maybe there should even be more IMG's, they should just play each other though. Football AAU circuit. They don't play football with the tennis team because it's not about coaching and winning mentality.

All I'm saying is they're not high school football and shouldn't be playing for the same goal as high school teams.

The fact that IMG teams lose to traditional high schools in several sports already proves that there's no need for the above plan of action. Those that schedule them regardless of the result will be better for doing such. Quality, confident head coaches realize this. Those that shy away are just cowards.     

53 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The fact that IMG teams lose to traditional high schools in several sports already proves that there's no need for the above plan of action. Those that schedule them regardless of the result will be better for doing such. Quality, confident head coaches realize this. Those that shy away are just cowards.     

This would make a little sense (not a lot) if IMG didn't recruit the best football players they can from across the map. If IMG loses to real high schools doesn't that mean they don't have quality confident head coaches? And since they don't just suit up the tennis team to play Miami Central (Mt. Carmel is MC) aren't they the actual cowards?

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

This would make a little sense (not a lot) if IMG didn't recruit the best football players they can from across the map. If IMG loses to real high schools doesn't that mean they don't have quality confident head coaches? And since they don't just suit up the tennis team to play Miami Central (Mt. Carmel is MC) aren't they the actual cowards?

The vast majority of the players on IMGs roster are from the state of FL. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The vast majority of the players on IMGs roster are from the state of FL. 

Where's Donovan Olugbode from? Not that it matters. It's just not high school. Not sure why not high schools want to play high school sports.

Someone should really start up a club football league where kids ages 14-18 go to random clubs across the country and play each other. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bones said:

Where's Donovan Olugbode from? Not that it matters. It's just not high school. Not sure why not high schools want to play high school sports.

Someone should really start up a club football league where kids ages 14-18 go to random clubs across the country and play each other. 

Get out of the 80s! It's the modern era of HSFB!! NIL coming down the road too!! Can and will only help this game we love. 

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Get out of the 80s! It's the modern era of HSFB!! NIL coming down the road too!! Can and will only help this game we love. 

Why would I be opposed to anyone making money off of their name image and likeness? It's not about the 80's it's about IMG not being high school but wanting to play high school sports. 

Actually they could try to play colleges. Thats more along the lines of what they are. They should play Benedictine University.

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

Why would I be opposed to anyone making money off of their name image and likeness? It's not about the 80's it's about IMG not being high school but wanting to play high school sports. 

Actually they could try to play colleges. Thats more along the lines of what they are. They should play Benedictine University.

Why should IMG with high school-aged students play a college if traditional high schools are already beating them and competing favorably with them? That makes absolutely no sense. A few years ago my kid's high school lacrosse team played IMG. They got beat and it was a great experience. Conversely, Columbia FL and MC both beat IMG at football. Let the bold benefit and the cowards cower. 

54 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why should IMG with high school-aged students play a college if traditional high schools are already beating them and competing favorably with them? That makes absolutely no sense. A few years ago my kid's high school lacrosse team played IMG. They got beat and it was a great experience. Conversely, Columbia FL and MC both beat IMG at football. Let the bold benefit and the cowards cower. 

Makes complete sense. IMG recruits teenagers across the map to play football, colleges recruit teenagers across the map to play football. This makes much more sense.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bones said:

Makes complete sense. IMG recruits teenagers across the map to play football, colleges recruit teenagers across the map to play football. This makes much more sense.

You're jaded like everyone else. Trying to spead fake news. Again, a small % of IMGs football roster hails from outside the state of FL. I have access to the official roster on an annual basis. You don't. That % will never be as large as you think or are portraying it to be. 

24 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

So then why is IMG not allowed to participate in FL State Playoffs?….

That would solve the problem of not being able to play MD and SJB…. Well, we all know SJB would Duck IMG anyway but you get my point…. 🤣

No idea. That's between them and the FHSAA. The IMG Varsity football teams (White & Blue) play for the SSIA conference championship. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're jaded like everyone else. Trying to spead fake news. Again, a small % of IMGs football roster hails from outside the state of FL. I have access to the official roster on an annual basis. You don't. That % will never be as large as you think or are portraying it to be. 

“IMG Academy is in Bradenton, but only one of its 81 players is a local product.

Just 10 are from Florida. Half the nation — 25 of the 50 states — is represented, not to mention two each from Canada, Japan and Mexico and one apiece from Australia, Bolivia, Hungary, Poland, Puerto Rico and Sweden.”

this article is about 3 years old but is probably relevant today.  Far from a Fla only team 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/img-academy-recruiting-key-to-winning-college-football/amp/

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why are you against IMG playing other clubs that also recruit teenagers across the nation for football? This sounds mighty suspicious.