Teams Trending Down

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Trinity League as a whole 

OLu and JSerra are trending up after this weekend as they both beat higher ranked opponents.

SM trending down after a very underwhelming performance.

Hard to take anything away from MD’s 42-0 game. I’d say they are neutral, although I thought the offense was sloppy. I wasn’t happy with the kickoffs either with only 1/7 going into the endzone. 

Servite…. Looking at a 2 or 3 win season. They will beat La Miranda and Helix will be a good game. I thought JSerra would be the Trinity bottom feeder this season but Servite looks poised to take on that role.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

OLu and JSerra are trending up after this weekend as they both beat higher ranked opponents.

SM trending down after a very underwhelming performance.

Hard to take anything away from MD’s 42-0 game. I’d say they are neutral, although I thought the offense was sloppy. I wasn’t happy with the kickoffs either with only 1/7 going into the endzone. 

Servite…. Looking at a 2 or 3 win season. They will beat La Miranda and Helix will be a good game. I thought JSerra would be the Trinity bottom feeder this season but Servite looks poised to take on that role.

SM and Servite are weighing the league down after Week 1. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Trinity League as a whole 

Compared to last year where the Trinity League had 3 teams in the National Top 10, and possibly the year before, you would be correct.   There is a huge drop off after MD/SJB and the rest of the league.  Regarding WCAC, SJB and MD beat DeMatha and SJC.  Santa Margarita will play Good Cousel tough, Gonzaga vs OLU would be a toss up and JSerra would beat who ever is left in the WCAC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I still believe that the WCAC would win three out of 5 this season. 

Yes perhaps. If I were to rank Trinity teams now it’s bosco and MD even at the top followed by sm olu js Servite. How would 3-6 matchups for each league look like in your book?

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJC

GC

DMC

Zaga

BM

Unlike the Trinity, there is much more parity in the WCAC as the gap between 2 and 3 isn’t the size of the Grand Canyon.  I think SM Olu would give those teams a good game. SM and Olu are good teams, they just get discredited due to the MD and Bosco affect.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Unlike the Trinity, there is much more parity in the WCAC as the gap between 2 and 3 isn’t the size of the Grand Canyon.  I think SM Olu would give those teams a good game. SM and Olu are good teams, they just get discredited due to the MD and Bosco affect.

Regardless, these are hands down the top two hsfb leagues/conferences in America. 

• Like 3

Just now, Testadura said:

But didn’t they hang tough for a while.  They were outgunned.  We know that from jump street.  They were fighting above their weight.  

but sure, now we know where they stack up against the GCs

I expected a much closer game like in 2021. GC improved from last season, but SJR not so much.