Top OOS Games of 2024

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

yeah probably true.  dilfer was driving that for sure. 

It looks like they are playing the return game with Christian Bros in St. Louis. Plus, they scheduled The First Academy. (I've never even heard of them?) This is according to CoachT. 

Knox Catholic taking on Winter Haven,FL and Baylor playing Coconut Creek,FL. 

I see a California(Oak Ridge) team is coming to Chattanooga to play McCallie. I hope that's El Dorado Hills,CA Oak Ridge. Interesting game if it is.  

Kind of surprised Brentwood Acad. isn't taking on an OOS opponent this year. They should be a lot better this year. Still a tough in state schedule, though. 

22 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I see a California(Oak Ridge) team is coming to Chattanooga to play McCallie. I hope that's El Dorado Hills,CA Oak Ridge. Interesting game if it is.  

Interesting, indeed, if true.  Not sure that Oak Ridge has ever traveled anything close to that far.  That's kind of odd in and of itself; would think they'd start closer to home if they want to start traveling.  San Joaquin Section kids are usually tough as nails, but not sure how much talent they have.

4 hours ago, All Dei said:

Interesting, indeed, if true.  Not sure that Oak Ridge has ever traveled anything close to that far.  That's kind of odd in and of itself; would think they'd start closer to home if they want to start traveling.  San Joaquin Section kids are usually tough as nails, but not sure how much talent they have.

First off, I got that from a Tennessee site that isn’t always accurate. On the other hand, McCallie always schedules a couple OOS teams every year that will challenge them. 

McCallie is an all boys boarding school with a lot of money. It’s possible they could be helping out with the travel expenses. McCallie is usually pretty good. Oak Ridge will have their hands full. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:44 PM, Omaha Vol said:

First off, I got that from a Tennessee site that isn’t always accurate. On the other hand, McCallie always schedules a couple OOS teams every year that will challenge them. 

McCallie is an all boys boarding school with a lot of money. It’s possible they could be helping out with the travel expenses. McCallie is usually pretty good. Oak Ridge will have their hands full. 

Look for the Baylor School to become more aggressive in regards to football. Erick Kimrey is a good coach. I watched a few of his Hammond squads. Baylor will be a tough out going forward.

27 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Look for the Baylor School to become more aggressive in regards to football. Erick Kimrey is a good coach. I watched a few of his Hammond squads. Baylor will be a tough out going forward.

They're refusing to schedule the elites despite they having the same exact features and benefits. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They're refusing to schedule the elites despite they having the same exact features and benefits. 

Baylor and McCallie are good teams (top 100ish nationally), but they would get smoked by the elite top 20-25 teams. Maybe they can get there in the future, but not right now. They are private schools with money. Oakland is the only public that can challenge them these days. 

On 4/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I am sorry to hear that. And disappointed. When I read Kimry was leaving Hammond, the first thought that crossed my mind was that the only reason he'd leave his alma mater would be for an opportunity to reach for the gold.