Top OOS Games of 2024

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree with all above. The CIF's rule goes way beyond IMG, but people on this board make it sound like IMG was the reason. This rule has more to do with other sports such as basketball. The ulterior motive of the CIF was to prevent 'schools' like Findley Academy or Blair Academy from opening in Cali. Not sure how successful it has been. Prolific Prep is a relatively new basketball program that is elite at the national level fort academies. But they can't play any regular games against Cali schools.

DBP beat IMG in basketball earlier this season. No team in any high school sport in America is invincible. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DBP beat IMG in basketball earlier this season. No team in any high school sport in America is invincible. 

Not arguing that point. Just saying that Cali wants to do whatever they can to discourage sports academies from being created. The least they can do is make it hard for them to play local teams.

38 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Not arguing that point. Just saying that Cali wants to do whatever they can to discourage sports academies from being created. The least they can do is make it hard for them to play local teams.

Some could say MD and Bosco are basically sports academies with the way they operate on and off the field. No such public school is beating them anytime soon. 

I must agree, MD's SJS's and other are sports academies with a religious façade. Let's call it what it is. Take away sports program, how many athletes would drive 30 t0 60 miles a day just for the education. I have nothing against kids wanting to play at a place that will give them a better opportunities. IMG is upfront with what they do.

12 minutes ago, PDE769 said:

I must agree, MD's SJS's and other are sports academies with a religious façade. Let's call it what it is. Take away sports program, how many athletes would drive 30 t0 60 miles a day just for the education. I have nothing against kids wanting to play at a place that will give them a better opportunities. IMG is upfront with what they do.

You can say the same for BG, SFA, ED, C-M, AHP, STA, SJP, GC, DMC, SJC, BD, DBP, SJR, Hoban, Columbus, etc. many of which Cali teams have already played. 

• Like 1

True, but IMG does not have a  religious façade. They say we are a sports academy with an education component. They do not hide it.  Other private hide it behind religion. The superpowers school want to play them. But some reason the CIF will not allow them. Remember Cen10 played them twice. before the ban. They was the first in Ca to take on the challenge followed by MD. SJB did not step up to the plate.

2 hours ago, CaliFB said:

Some could say MD and Bosco are basically sports academies with the way they operate on and off the field. No such public school is beating them anytime soon. 

I disagree. I attended MD and to say it is not a serious academic school is a joke and insulting. Although the school excels in athletics, it is a far cry from the sports academies. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I disagree. I attended MD and to say it is not a serious academic school is a joke and insulting. Although the school excels in athletics, it is a far cry from the sports academies. 

These haters also think the same about ND, SMU, Stanford on the college level. Private high school enrollments across America have never been so high!! 

• Like 3

I'm not doubting the education of the school, what I'm saying they are no different than a IMG. IMG educational system is just impressive. They are just up front about what they are doing. Remember they started out as a tennis academy many years ago. Just added other sports in the last 10 years. The only different I see is that they recruit student nation wide.  other recruit locally and state wide. facts.

2 hours ago, PDE769 said:

I'm not doubting the education of the school, what I'm saying they are no different than a IMG. IMG educational system is just impressive. They are just up front about what they are doing. Remember they started out as a tennis academy many years ago. Just added other sports in the last 10 years. The only different I see is that they recruit student nation wide.  other recruit locally and state wide. facts.

Private high schools can naturally operate however they like with few restrictions. Hence, why they're atop the national rankings of almost every sport. Don't blame them. Blame how bad our public schools have become in every way.  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:02 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I love that BC scheduled IMG next season. #playthebest 

CA needs to follow suit. If they did SJB and Cen10s schedules would be complete today. 

You know what is interesting, from what I've been told, the players were consulted on the 2 OOS games (especially IMG) and it was they who pushed for the games. 

5 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

You know what is interesting, from what I've been told, the players were consulted on the 2 OOS games (especially IMG) and it was they who pushed for the games. 

BC had no choice either week. Players will always want to play the best. Expect a bunch of OSU coaches to be in Massillon as they want QP to commit early. 

The only obstacle I see at Mass are the crooked refs. Both teams I sent there of late (Middletown DE and SJC) both told me they'll never ever play there again because of such. And I have notified the BC staff of this. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BC had no choice either week. Players will always want to play the best. Expects a bunch of OSU coaches to be in Massillon as they want QP to commit early. 

The only obstacle I see at Mass are the crooked refs. Both teams I sent there of late (Middletown DE and SJC) both told me they'll never ever play there again because of such. And I have notified the BC staff of this. 

interesting..I was told by my source that he was glad they are playing IMG & not Duncanville. There was a lot of respect for the physicality of the Texas teams and he was worried about injuries to start the season. He said they feel they can hang with IMG. The belief was a Duncanville game could have had similarities to the Chaminade game. Not as quick or athletic but definitely a very well rounded & coached team that was a lot more physical.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

interesting..I was told by my source that he was glad they are playing IMG & not Duncanville. There was a lot of respect for the physicality of the Texas teams and he was worried about injuries to start the season. He said they feel they can hang with IMG. The belief was a Duncanville game could have had similarities to the Chaminade game. Not as quick or athletic but definitely a very well rounded & coached team that was a lot more physical.

It’s been proven that the top TX teams are 27-42 points behind the elites like IMG, SJB, MD and SFA. BC would’ve right there with DV IMO. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

We need a dictionary. Lol

Who is PCC, LN, PC AL? Unless the teams are household names and nationally elite most people wouldn’t know.

Pcc is Phenix City Central AL they won the 7A title last year. I had no idea who Lutheran North was until I saw the schedule change, but they're from St. Louis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1