Top OOS Games of 2024

1 hour ago, PDE769 said:

Good schedule if it holds up. 3 state Champs State runner up and TL team.

SoCalFball

Barring some unforeseen circumstance where someone backs out this will be Cen10 schedule next season 

Week 0 @ MD  

Week 1 vs. Santa Margarita 

Week 2 vs. St Joseph Prep (PA)

Week 3 vs Sacramento Grant 

Week 4 @ Liberty (AZ)

SJP at Cen10 was the braintrust of PGL. Glad to assist! #playthebest 

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, was just too costly for SJP given the stipend that was being offered. 

When you said there was a 75% chance of it happening, was the stipend known at that point?

It’s best not to communicate games until contracts are signed. Otherwise this is just a rumor and gossip board which I don’t think you want to be. 

41 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

When you said there was a 75% chance of it happening, was the stipend known at that point?

It’s best not to communicate games until contracts are signed. Otherwise this is just a rumor and gossip board which I don’t think you want to be. 

It's the offseason. Anything goes. 

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Castle Park California played a Tijuana Mexico team. How is Mexican and Samoan teams playing Cali teams but not IMG?

The Cali rule was put in place explicitly to curb recruiting Prep teams like Blair & Wyoming Seminary in wrestling, IMG and the like in football as well as all of the basketball academy teams. I believe the rule states that in order to be eligible to compete against Cali schools you must play in your respective state's State Championship. Don't hold me to all the details. This rule was actually launched because of a wrestling matter but it was made all encompassing. 

21 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

The Cali rule was put in place explicitly to curb recruiting Prep teams like Blair & Wyoming Seminary in wrestling, IMG and the like in football as well as all of the basketball academy teams. I believe the rule states that in order to be eligible to compete against Cali schools you must play in your respective state's State Championship. Don't hold me to all the details. This rule was actually launched because of a wrestling matter but it was made all encompassing. 

Sounds arrogant and an abuse of power. You are basically telling all the head coaches and athletic directors that they are too stupid to do their due diligence and know what they are getting into when they want to compete with an independent team. 

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sounds arrogant and an abuse of power. You are basically telling all the head coaches and athletic directors that they are too stupid to do their due diligence and know what they are getting into when they want to compete with an independent team. 

from the way I understand it the timeline went something like this (THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION)--Blair Academy in Blairstown NJ has been the perennial national champion in wrestling for over 30 years. Although they always had kids from all over the nation wrestle there, they always had about 60% (depending on year) of their team consist of kids from Eastern PA, NY & NJ. They had the pick of the litter but over time the local private Catholic schools built up their programs, especially Bergen Catholic (my alma mater). Our program has now taken a fall & Delbarton has pretty much taken the mantle. The talent gap began to close and it culminated in 2018 with BC defeating Blair for the 1st time. Many of the top BC wrestlers would no doubt had been at Blair a decade earlier. So the next year the Blair team became somewhat more national as they went out and aggressively recruited and lo & behold they land California State Champion Dominick Matte from Poway. Blair was the evil empire that everyone already hated (I would kind of think how Mater Dei is perceived in football). This recruiting coup was tantamount to pissing on a hornets nest, for the Cali wrestling community went parabolic and in their haste got this rule passed. But it wasn't just wrestling it was for all sports. In wrestling it has had a profound effect on tournaments as the Cali teams no longer go to the #1 tournament in the nation the Walsh Ironman in Ohio because Blair and other prep teams are there. Hope this gives some clarity.

Edited by MickeyBern

47 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

from the way I understand it the timeline went something like this (THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION)--Blair Academy in Blairstown NJ has been the perennial national champion in wrestling for over 30 years. Although they always had kids from all over the nation wrestle there, they always had about 60% (depending on year) of their team consist of kids from Eastern PA, NY & NJ. They had the pick of the litter but over time the local private Catholic schools built up their programs, especially Bergen Catholic (my alma mater). Our program has now taken a fall & Delbarton has pretty much taken the mantle. The talent gap began to close and it culminated in 2018 with BC defeating Blair for the 1st time. Many of the top BC wrestlers would no doubt had been at Blair a decade earlier. So the next year the Blair team became somewhat more national as they went out and aggressively recruited and lo & behold they land California State Champion Dominick Matte from Poway. Blair was the evil empire that everyone already hated (I would kind of think how Mater Dei is perceived in football). This recruiting coup was tantamount to pissing on a hornets nest, for the Cali wrestling community went parabolic and in their haste got this rule passed. But it wasn't just wrestling it was for all sports. In wrestling it has had a profound effect on tournaments as the Cali teams no longer go to the #1 tournament in the nation the Walsh Ironman in Ohio because Blair and other prep teams are there. Hope this gives some clarity.

Wow so they are gonna deny all 1,200 plus schools an opportunity to play in high profile national tournaments that would raise the wrestlers recruiting stock to potentially go to college all because a wrestler might transfer out of state here or there? That’s some next level dumb-fuckery right there 

I agree with all above. The CIF's rule goes way beyond IMG, but people on this board make it sound like IMG was the reason. This rule has more to do with other sports such as basketball. The ulterior motive of the CIF was to prevent 'schools' like Findley Academy or Blair Academy from opening in Cali. Not sure how successful it has been. Prolific Prep is a relatively new basketball program that is elite at the national level fort academies. But they can't play any regular games against Cali schools.

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wow so they are gonna deny all 1,200 plus schools an opportunity to play in high profile national tournaments that would raise the wrestlers recruiting stock to potentially go to college all because a wrestler might transfer out of state here or there? That’s some next level dumb-fuckery right there 

Well that is 1 way to look at it. 5 years ago I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you but now my view is more nuanced. The public schools in NJ have screamed about the Catholic schools for years as they came to dominate most sports but we were at least confined by a certain geography. You had to at least be able to get there everyday. But now it has been taken up a notch. Bergen Catholic lost its entire starting basketball team in the off season to transfer with 4 of them going to Academy schools. Link Academy in Missouri has been a popular destination. No one is crying for the local private schools who have feasted on public school competition over the last 20 years because their programs are now susceptible to the same poaching that they have been accused of committing in years past. But this does lead to a tremendous amount of turmoil & just like I have said in the past, what happens at the collegiate level eventually comes down to high school sports. No stability, no loyalty & no school spirit. Just seems to take all of the fun out of it. Programs won't be built--They will bought.

4 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

But CA is the ONLY state in America with this rule. As a competitor and a sports fan, doesn't this make CA natives feel ashamed to be from there? So many other states are willfully and readily scheduling IMG except for CA, which some believe is a top HSFB state. Kudos to states like UT, AL, NJ, IN, OH, PA, MD, TN, SC, CT, VA, DE, MO, IL, TX, MA, DC and NV for seeing the benefits associated with doing such. #nocowardsallowed 

1 hour ago, MickeyBern said:

Well that is 1 way to look at it. 5 years ago I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you but now my view is more nuanced. The public schools in NJ have screamed about the Catholic schools for years as they came to dominate most sports but we were at least confined by a certain geography. You had to at least be able to get there everyday. But now it has been taken up a notch. Bergen Catholic lost its entire starting basketball team in the off season to transfer with 4 of them going to Academy schools. Link Academy in Missouri has been a popular destination. No one is crying for the local private schools who have feasted on public school competition over the last 20 years because their programs are now susceptible to the same poaching that they have been accused of committing in years past. But this does lead to a tremendous amount of turmoil & just like I have said in the past, what happens at the collegiate level eventually comes down to high school sports. No stability, no loyalty & no school spirit. Just seems to take all of the fun out of it. Programs won't be built--They will bought.

I love that BC scheduled IMG next season. #playthebest 

CA needs to follow suit. If they did SJB and Cen10s schedules would be complete today.