Indiana News

A step in the right direction.    Anyone want to come to Indiana???

The Committee approved modified restrictions on Indiana schools competing against schools from beyond the 300-mile travel limit. IHSAA schools will now be able to participate against out-of-state schools from beyond the 300-mile limit as long as they are in good standing with their state association, the venue is within the 300 mile limit, is and is sanctioned by the NFHS and IHSAA. Also, Indiana schools may now host out-of-state schools in Indiana from beyond the 300-mile limit as long as they are a member in good standing with their own state association and the event is sanctioned by the NFHS and IHSAA.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whiteshoes12 said:

The Committee approved modified restrictions on Indiana schools competing against schools from beyond the 300-mile travel limit. IHSAA schools will now be able to participate against out-of-state schools from beyond the 300-mile limit as long as they are in good standing with their state association, the venue is within the 300 mile limit, is and is sanctioned by the NFHS and IHSAA. Also, Indiana schools may now host out-of-state schools in Indiana from beyond the 300-mile limit as long as they are a member in good standing with their own state association and the event is sanctioned by the NFHS and IHSAA.

Great news!!!

3 hours ago, whiteshoes12 said:

Do you have a link to this news that you can share? 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm speaking with Carmel about hosting an IN vs The USA doubleheader event in September 2023. 

Have they indicated what type of competition they are looking for(public/private) or are they leaving that strictly up to you?

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'll never get involved with an oppty unless I have free reign of who I bring in. 

So In your search do you consider the quality of the game or just who’s willing to make it happen? My assumption is the former but difficulties end up making it the latter.

2 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

So In your search do you consider the quality of the game or just who’s willing to make it happen? My assumption is the former but difficulties end up making it the latter.

It's a fine mix of both. The ultimate goal is the most competitive game. However, some teams will request the best team that I can offer for the novel experience, or out of bare necessity (no other viable options). 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...