NJ Power Private News

13 minutes ago, elKakador said:

Don't know about that.  They scored one offensive touchdown, and did nothing offensively after that.  Bosco's fumble wasn't caused by delbarton.  Self-inflicted wound.  Bosco shoulda won 16-7...

Can’t disagree but we scored no points offensively.  9 points by defense.  Just couldn’t get it done. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I get it. Remember 2000-2012!! And last season's 31-7 hiccup. #parity

1 loss doesn't make parity. It's a loss. Just like Bergen winning the Chip in 2004 didn't mean parity. Bergen lost to 2 incredible teams. An argument can be made for Chaminade to be ranked #1 in the nation. Do I think BC could play with and beat any team you have ranked on your list from #15 on down? I do! You can't nor can I say that for any other team in the state of NJ. That's not parity, that means 1 program has established some dominance over it's closest competition. It might change but at this current time Bergen is a dominant program.

9 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

1 loss doesn't make parity. It's a loss. Just like Bergen winning the Chip in 2004 didn't mean parity. Bergen lost to 2 incredible teams. An argument can be made for Chaminade to be ranked #1 in the nation. Do I think BC could play with and beat any team you have ranked on your list from #15 on down? I do! You can't nor can I say that for any other team in the state of NJ. That's not parity, that means 1 program has established some dominance over it's closest competition. It might change but at this current time Bergen is a dominant program.

To me "parity" means any team can beat another on any given day. That's what we currently have here in NJ. No one team is that much better than any other like in the 2000s. That's my point. 

44 minutes ago, elKakador said:

delbarton won on a gift from Bosco, and they know it...

They dropped a TD right in the receiver’s  hands in the end zone.  Bosco’s 1st score was a DT intercepting the ball and running for 20 yards.  

2 gifts.  We lost.  We couldn’t score.  

no excuses.  We play next week, we win.  They win the week after.  

Edited by Testadura
Typo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Testadura said:

They dropped a TD right in the receiver’s  hands in the end zone.  Bosco’s 1st score was a DT intercepting the ball and running for 20 yards.  

2 gifts.  We lost.  We could score.  

no excuses.  We play next week, we win.  They win the week after.  

I've always considered a pick-6 solid defensive play.  Furthermore, Bosco stuffed your runner in the end zone for a safety -- even more solid play.

delbarton was outplayed and still won.  they lucked out.

3 minutes ago, elKakador said:

I've always considered a pick-6 solid defensive play.  Furthermore, Bosco stuffed your runner in the end zone for a safety -- even more solid play.

delbarton was outplayed and still won.  they lucked out.

It was lucky the kid dropped a TD.  Right in the chest.  That was as bad as Jackie Smith’s drop.  Bad luck on both sides.  

the O never scored   Im as big a Bosco homer as there is but if you can’t score offensively then you sort of suck

evenly matched.  Bosco’s D sucked on the first drive.   No luck there.  

8 minutes ago, Testadura said:

It was lucky the kid dropped a TD.  Right in the chest.  That was as bad as Jackie Smith’s drop.  Bad luck on both sides.  

the O never scored   Im as big a Bosco homer as there is but if you can’t score offensively then you sort of suck

evenly matched.  Bosco’s D sucked on the first drive.   No luck there.  

Bosco stopped themselves.  delbarton get a lucky play on defense, without which they lose!

It certainly happens.  But you don't want to rely on luck to win...

4 minutes ago, elKakador said:

Bosco stopped themselves.  delbarton get a lucky play on defense, without which they lose!

It certainly happens.  But you don't want to rely on luck to win...

Of course you’re right.  Bosco’s D was very good.  Sometimes the O was promising.  I was just shocked they scored no points.  Their Defensive scores were pure skill.  Not luck.  I’m just disappointed our whole game came down to what happened in the first half.  And we couldn’t overcome that.  

1 hour ago, MickeyBern said:

1 loss doesn't make parity. It's a loss. Just like Bergen winning the Chip in 2004 didn't mean parity. Bergen lost to 2 incredible teams. An argument can be made for Chaminade to be ranked #1 in the nation. Do I think BC could play with and beat any team you have ranked on your list from #15 on down? I do! You can't nor can I say that for any other team in the state of NJ. That's not parity, that means 1 program has established some dominance over its closest competition. It might change but at this current time Bergen is a dominant program.

Maybe no parity.  But Bosco met 2 different teams in the last 4 finals.  SPP was there once.  BC lost to Joes with Cross.  SPP won a couple.  PC won some.  Bosco and Joes won some.  So since 2012, how many have BC won?

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

To me "parity" means any team can beat another on any given day. That's what we currently have here in NJ. No one team is that much better than any other like in the 2000s. That's my point. 

From 2012 to 2022, 10 titles.  

pc 3

bc 3

spp 2

bosco 1

joes 1

parity?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Testadura said:

From 2012 to 2022, 10 titles.  

pc 3

bc 3

spp 2

bosco 1

joes 1

parity?

12.  Bosco beat bc and lost to bc

13. Bosco lost to bc 10-3

14.  Bosco beat bc

15.  Bosco beat bc twice

16.  Bosco beat bc

17.  Bosco lost to bc 29-26

18.  Bosco lost to bc 35-17

19.  Bosco lost to bc 23-17, and won 24-7

20.  Bosco beat bc

21.  Bosco lost twice to bc

22.  Bosco won 31-7 and lost 45-0

23.  Bc won.  

Just now, Testadura said:

12.  Bosco beat bc and lost to bc

13. Bosco lost to bc 10-3

14.  Bosco beat bc

15.  Bosco beat bc twice

16.  Bosco beat bc

17.  Bosco lost to bc 29-26

18.  Bosco lost to bc 35-17

19.  Bosco lost to bc 23-17, and won 24-7

20.  Bosco beat bc

21.  Bosco lost twice to bc

22.  Bosco won 31-7 and lost 45-0

23.  Bc won.  

Out of the 17 games, Bosco won 8, and bc won 9.  

parity?  Dominance?