NJ Power Private News

2 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

1 loss doesn't make parity. It's a loss. Just like Bergen winning the Chip in 2004 didn't mean parity. Bergen lost to 2 incredible teams. An argument can be made for Chaminade to be ranked #1 in the nation. Do I think BC could play with and beat any team you have ranked on your list from #15 on down? I do! You can't nor can I say that for any other team in the state of NJ. That's not parity, that means 1 program has established some dominance over it's closest competition. It might change but at this current time Bergen is a dominant program.

Mickey.  See my posts.  BC is very good but it depends how you define dominant.  

they split essentially the last 17 games with Bosco’s worst teams of the past 25 years.  

since 2012, bc has grabbed 3 titles along with PC.  

Looking nationally, nj doesn’t have 1 5* this year or last.   That’s not good.  

see the days of Pepps, mincah, Gary.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

Test I'm speaking of the current environment not a decade ago. Do you think there is parity right now in the BNU? 

I get it.  I was also including the last few years.  It’s a bit checkered but they are the cream at the top   

bc is the team to beat.  Bc will win this yr.  So that will be 3 or 4 titles in the last 5 or so title games.  It speaks for itself.  That’s strong.  Losing by 41 to CM hurts a bit.  Losing to Bosco hurt a bit.  BC redeems itself, but it shows cracks now and again.  But my $ is on BC almost every year in the last 5 yrs.  

5 minutes ago, Testadura said:

I get it.  I was also including the last few years.  It’s a bit checkered but they are the cream at the top   

bc is the team to beat.  Bc will win this yr.  So that will be 3 or 4 titles in the last 5 or so title games.  It speaks for itself.  That’s strong.  Losing by 41 to CM hurts a bit.  Losing to Bosco hurt a bit.  BC redeems itself, but it shows cracks now and again.  But my $ is on BC almost every year in the last 5 yrs.  

In their last 6 games, Bosco won 2

last 8, Bosco won 3

last 10, Bosco won 3.  That takes us back to 2017.  

3 minutes ago, Testadura said:

That's all I'm saying. 5-6 years ago there was actual parity. The last really Top 5 team NJ had might have been the 2014 SPP team with Winbush & Fitzpatrick. Should have beat IMG that year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

That's all I'm saying. 5-6 years ago there was actual parity. The last really Top 5 team NJ had might have been the 2014 SPP team with Winbush & Fitzpatrick. Should have beat IMG that year.

You’re definitely right.  PC was good.  Joes was.  BC was.  Bosco hung tough and surprised people.  

my brother called me right before the Delby game, having just looked at the ESPN 300.  He coached with Jackie Moore at Marist before he went back to Bosco.  He played against McGovern in ‘84.  He followed HS religiously during the ‘80s and ‘90s.  He follows his nephews at Ridge, that’s pretty much it.  His bro-in-law played at Missouri.  He follows college and pros big time, and so he only sees the NJ HS kids who make it  into the big programs.  He was surprised at the lack of studs in NJ.  He saw the state as down in terms of talent.  He also reminded me Malone was a great baseball player.  

Edited by Testadura
Typo

19 hours ago, elKakador said:

Don't know about that.  They scored one offensive touchdown, and did nothing offensively after that.  Bosco's fumble wasn't caused by delbarton.  Self-inflicted wound.  Bosco shoulda won 16-7...

Man up. The scoreboard was clear. Mistakes and injuries are part of the game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, noonereal said:

#mediocrity 

The calamity of the unfair seedings led to where we are today. SJR, DBP and Delby all on one side of the bracket caused all this madess. None of these teams should've been playing each other so early in the process. And BCs side of the bracket should've been more balanced instead of being loaded with slappies. They state doesn't care so I expect this madness to continue for the foreseeable future. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The calamity of the unfair seedings led to where we are today. SJR, DBP and Delby all on one side of the bracket caused all this madess. None of these teams should've been playing each other so early in the process. And BCs side of the bracket should've been more balanced instead of being loaded with slappies. They state doesn't care so I expect this madness to continue for the foreseeable future. 

I never considered seeding of any relevance. To be the best you have to beat the best. Period.

That is just me. I know people get crazy about seeding. I just don't understand why. 

I'd pull the seedings out of a hat or do it regionally like in NY. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I never considered seeding of any relevance. To be the best you have to beat the best. Period.

That is just me. I know people get crazy about seeding. I just don't understand why. 

I'd pull the seedings out of a hat or do it regionally like in NY. 

Those games played yesterday on the Delby side of the bracket should be happening next week if the teams were seeded properly (BC, Delby, SJR, DBP, SHP....). None of the central/southern NPGA teams should EVER be seeded in ther Top 4 after any season. The system they use now rewards bad teams for having good records based on playing other bad teams. Teams like DC, SA, SJM, PJ, P6, ND should never should been seeeded among the Top 6-8. Ever. 

Winning a Chip should be tough, not a cake-walk. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Those games played yesterday on the Delby side of the bracket should be happening next week if the teams were seeded properly (BC, Delby, SJR, DBP, SHP....). None of the central/southern NPGA teams should EVER be seeded in ther Top 4 after any season. The system they use now rewards bad teams for having good records based on playing other bad teams. Teams like DC, SA, SJM, PJ, P6, ND should never should been seeeded among the Top 6-8. Ever. 

Winning a Chip should be tough, not a cake-walk. 

You want to be called the best, beat the best. Period. 

There is no crying in football. Plus, it's bloody disguising. Clean your nose. 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

What a godawful field! I recall my youngest having soccer practice behind the school. Good grief. 

Toughen a kid up, that's for sure. Not like the carpets they play on in Bergen County. lol

We practiced on better fields in Pop Warner.  

Hoboken’s was awful.  Newark’s.  Union City.  We didn’t know any better.  

Google Bayonne against Hackensack for the state title.  Veteran’s Stadium was the worst.  And at that time in early December, there was ice and snow and dirt.  No grass.  lol  Hackensack claimed that Bayonne illegally changed their cleats at the half.  

no knee injuries 

• Thanks 1