NJ Power Private News

On 9/3/2023 at 4:00 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Chaminade coach better be showing his kids the replay of BC and Grayson. They better not sleep on them. 

I think if Bergen is physical they can beat CM. Bergen will not make the special team mistakes sta did. Bc needs to win the line of scrimmage and pound the rock 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

Very nice.  

in all seriousness, the Matchmaker should have the CBS gig.  The kid was nice but I felt no gravitas.  Too innocent.  The Matchmaker wreaks.  You walk away feeling a bit dirty but also feeling as if the joke’s on you.   The Matchmaker brings history and excitement.  As if big things are at stake.  He’s a bridge to the beginning, and yet you know that bridge tolls are out of the world and bridges can head nowhere.  This kid leaves no impression—lightness personified.  The Matchmaker is heavy and memorable.  What is this world coming to?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hsfbfan said:

I think if Bergen is physical they can beat CM. Bergen will not make the special team mistakes sta did. Bc needs to win the line of scrimmage and pound the rock 

I believe this is the only way they have a chance.  Must get off the field on 3rd down & control the clock. They must also find a running game! Unimpressive on the ground the 1st 2 games, they have to move the chains.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hsfbfan said:

Unfortunately after the first 2 games against inferior competition I have come to the conclusion that this isn’t the kind of team we possess. They had trouble running the ball in the first half in both games & I have to come to accept that we will have to pass in order to run. That approach presents a major challenge and is highly risky against a very talented & athletic team like CM. A few quick 3 & outs to start the game and you could & will be on big trouble. BC started off terribly against RBC & Iona, do that Friday and it will be game over by halftime. You can’t expect the D to bail you out Friday against that explosiveness in the heat of South Florida. Not happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 1:20 AM, MickeyBern said:

Unfortunately after the first 2 games against inferior competition I have come to the conclusion that this isn’t the kind of team we possess. They had trouble running the ball in the first half in both games & I have to come to accept that we will have to pass in order to run. That approach presents a major challenge and is highly risky against a very talented & athletic team like CM. A few quick 3 & outs to start the game and you could & will be on big trouble. BC started off terribly against RBC & Iona, do that Friday and it will be game over by halftime. You can’t expect the D to bail you out Friday against that explosiveness in the heat of South Florida. Not happening. 

Well good luck. Hope the OL is working hard 

2 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

Well according to my source that has watched tape of CM, can we beat them? YES! But their O line is a little bigger than expected so our D will have to bring it but we also feel we can score on them. 

I said in my first post regarding this game I think BC can take them. 

Crazy ending in Paramus tonight between Paramus Catholic and Pope John. Down 31-13 at the half, PC comes all the way back to bring it to 41-40 needing  the extra point to tie. Botched snap on the extra point attempt and PJ escapes with the victory. PJ has some good talent at the skills positions. PC can score and score quickly. Their defense though is prone to lapses. Wild game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Crazy ending in Paramus tonight between Paramus Catholic and Pope John. Down 31-13 at the half, PC comes all the way back to bring it to 41-40 needing  the extra point to tie. Botched snap on the extra point attempt and PJ escapes with the victory. PJ has some good talent at the skills positions. PC can score and score quickly. Their defense though is prone to lapses. Wild game.

PJ has now beaten PC ans SHP