Texas News & Info

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The best wins season to date as follows:

#4 BG over #5 MC

#2 IMG over #7 SJP

Going forward TX will need to get in on this action if they want to earn some respect. 

SJP is one Private that is improved this year.  Keep it year by year.  You guys have them little overrated.  Shit ton of teams in the south can get after Lakeland on any given week and year.  SJP got two lucky breaks vs down IMG club or they probably get beat 17-0 or more.  You can’t keep comparing scores from year to year.  These teams are not the same.  Recruiting teenage boys can be pot luck sometimes.  

This year the power privates in whole are down.  Doesn’t mean that MD is not best in the nation.  
I see that that list much closer to the elite TX, FL, GA publics this year.   

Due to recruiting and pot luck elite level football is year to year thing.  It’s harder than you realize to improve year to year!  

2 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Texas, along with Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and California has the nations respects. 

Those 5 states are constantly challenged by the other 45 looking to better their own teams against them.

That is why they are power states. You have this fixation in your head that Texas teams are not powerful and are tiers below everything else.

You are being your own worst enemy right now and you can’t even stop long enough to realize most of the teams that lost 27, 38, 40, 42 and whatever were average here in Texas; that season with one exception. DeSoto. They won 6A Division 2 championship but not before losing 41-10 to Texas 6A Division 1 champion Duncanville during the regular season.

2022 Duncanville, 2022 Allen, and 2020 Duncanville were averaging teams.

TX is #3 at this point before CA and FL. And without scheduling top competition, they'll never get to the top of the mountain again. That's all I'm saying. To be the best, you need to beat the best. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thanks to Woodrow Wilson and Steven F. Austin alum, Xavier Gipson, helping my Jets beat the Bills tonight, yours truly will no longer be negative and/or skeptical of TX HSFB. JETS....Jets, Jets, Jets! Buck the Fills! 

What about the catch from the Lake Travis TX product?

There has not been a time since I been alive that California was ahead of Texas in overall high school football. 

You gotta stop with the bullshit. SJB and MD are not a representative of California football the same way Bishop Gorman doesn’t represent Nevada football. That’s not how you judge a state. Not the 1 or 2 recruited up transfer teams. In fact it’s the opposite. You judge it on the quality of the depth and how all the other teams can perform. 

If California went 1-10 against Texas they would win the first 2, then lose the next 8. 

Edited by Nolebull813

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

There has not been a time since I been alive that California was ahead of Texas in overall high school football. 

You gotta stop with the bullshit. SJB and MD are not a representative of California football the same way Bishop Gorman doesn’t represent Nevada football. That’s not how you judge a state. Not the 1 or 2 recruited up transfer teams. In fact it’s the opposite. You judge it on the quality of the depth and how all the other teams can perform. 

If California went 1-10 against Texas they would win the first 2, then lose the next 8. 

Teams like Cen10, SC, Serra Junipero, LBP, MV, Folsom, OLu, etc are way better than you think. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If the Top 10 teams from each state played CA would win the majority by 7-3/6-4 margin. 

clips of ULO.  Nah I’m not buying it. I wouldn’t bet on this team beating a comparable team from a power state. 

Edited by Horsefly

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

and??  You’re just throwing out names. They’re not guaranteed wins either.  plenty of stuff on YT and other streaming services to watch these teams. 

How many Texas teams you’ve seen play this year?  

No other human on Earth watches more HSFB games than yours truly. And regardless of this imaginery exercise, FL would beat both TX and CA 😉