Camden NJ and Chardon 8/27

Iona Prep NY at Hoban 9/3

Trinity KY at LaSalle 9/9

Good Counsel MD at Moeller 9/10

DeMatha MD at Benedictine 9/10

X at Trinity KY 9/30

LaSalle at Cathedral IN 9/30

St Joseph's NY at LaSalle 10/14

Last couple of years it seemed like Ohio was down compared to other areas of the country.   The top ranked teams kept losing.   

I took  this as sign of parity where the talent was evenly dispersed resulting in no super teams that would be above Tier 3.

St. Ed has been the most consistently good, but even they struggled and have not had marquee wins that I can think of without checking.

Now that Ohio is scheduled to play a better OOS schedule it will give more visability and basis for The Tier placement.   Last years low Tier placements made the Ohio guys salty. In retrospect  St.Ed probably should have not dropped below Tier 3, but we’re sucked down due to the performance of the other top teams.

22 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Last couple of years it seemed like Ohio was down compared to other areas of the country.   The top ranked teams kept losing.   

I took  this as sign of parity where the talent was evenly dispersed resulting in no super teams that would be above Tier 3.

St. Ed has been the most consistently good, but even they struggled and have not had marquee wins that I can think of without checking.

Now that Ohio is scheduled to play a better OOS schedule it will give more visability and basis for The Tier placement.   Last years low Tier placements made the Ohio guys salty. In retrospect  St.Ed probably should have not dropped below Tier 3, but we’re sucked down due to the performance of the other top teams.

The top OH teams continue to seek guaranteed wins vs inferior OOS competition rather schedule the elites. Moe is stepping up this year nicely by taking on Good Counsel in our Ironton Classic. 

8 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Sammy,

if Eds was below tier 3 last year then there are maybe only 20 teams in the top 3 tiers. Not sure there are 20 teams that would score more than 21 points on them last year. 
Everyone said X, UA and Springfield had the best D in Ohio but in the end it was about the E!

they only lost one game in OT

respect your thoughts😀

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The top OH teams continue to seek guaranteed wins vs inferior OOS competition rather schedule the elites. Moe is stepping up this year nicely by taking on Good Counsel in our Ironton Classic. 

GSB,

make it happen. 12 out of 16 teams make the playoffs. Who cares about some losses. Prepares you for the playoffs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

OOS teams recently scheduled by OH blue bloods:

Rock Creek Christian MD

Clarkson Football North CAN 

Beacon Hill HomeSchool VA

West Toronto Prep CAN

Credit where credit is due: LaSalle hosted IMG; Elder hosted Clearwater Academy FL; Iggy hosted DeMatha MD

They also played TCC, Iggy, Hoban, Elder & Moeller

Clarkson not as bad as some think

big game against BS was canceled- don’t ban me 😂

make some games happen- you are fully aware of the OOS restrictions 

• Haha 1

Ed’s has 6-7 studs coming back next year. One player Michael Kilbane made max prep 2nd team defense 2023 while Ben Robeck 2024 made max prep 2nd team offense 6’7” 320 with a slim belly. Ohio State & Ryan Day were in to see them. Both have 30 offers including Penn state, Michigan & Cincinnati. Ohio state , Bama & Clemson should hurry.

the other 5 have MAC & Big offers and much interest

their key like most teams will be QB but junior to be looks promising 

• Like 1

Just now, hardhit1 said:

Ed’s has 6-7 studs coming back next year. One player Michael Kilbane made max prep 2nd team defense 2023 while Ben Robeck 2024 made max prep 2nd team offense 6’7” 320 with a slim belly. Ohio State & Ryan Day were in to see them. Both have 30 offers including Penn state, Michigan & Cincinnati. Ohio state , Bama & Clemson should hurry.

the other 5 have MAC & Big offers and much interest

their key like most teams will be QB but junior to be looks promising 

They're hosting Pittsburgh Central Catholic on 8/26. Looking forward to that one!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Sammy,

if Eds was below tier 3 last year then there are maybe only 20 teams in the top 3 tiers. Not sure there are 20 teams that would score more than 21 points on them last year. 
Everyone said X, UA and Springfield had the best D in Ohio but in the end it was about the E!

they only lost one game in OT

respect your thoughts😀

You got after me pretty good when St. Ed was dropped to Tier 4 in week 6 or so.   At the end of the day You were right.   The rest of Ohio seemed to struggle week to week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

You got after me pretty good when St. Ed was dropped to Tier 4 in week 6 or so.   At the end of the day You were right.   The rest of Ohio seemed to struggle week to week.

Tough to gage teams from different regions

i remember in 2018 after Eds won state you moved them to tier 2 because you said they improved greatly and earned it. You were right.