Public Programs that are better than BG

49 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Cen10

MC 

??

This question will be much easier to answer after next week. If MD handles Cen10, the answer is simply nobody. But if Cen10 wins or is very competitive, then yes I would agree Cen10 and MC are the only publics better than Gorman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

WL and NS should step up to save face but they won't. 

You have no idea how much I wish Westlake and North Shore would step up and play formidable OOS public programs.

Doesn’t have to be an every year thing. Every two years is okay, better than nothing. 

Fundraise to travel one year, and host a big OOS team the next. Much, much easier said than done though. 

6 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

You have no idea how much I wish Westlake and North Shore would step up and play formidable OOS public programs.

Doesn’t have to be an every year thing. Every two years is okay, better than nothing. 

Fundraise to travel one year, and host a big OOS team the next. Much, much easier said than done though. 

I'll continue to pursue from my end. 

8 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The result would be the same.  There is not that much difference between NS / Westlake and the programs that are getting boat raced by OOS

The fact that NS has DVs number makes them appealing. I think they'd show better than the Panthers have. WL would be a repeat of Allen IMO. 

You should have at least played and beaten BG in the past 5 years to claim being a better program. . Only MC can make that claim.

Cen10 is best program that has not actually accomplished anything but is praised as if they have. 😂 

in the past 5 years they’re 0-5 vs MD/SJB (4 of the losses were blowouts) and 0-2 vs IMG.  

the last time Cen10 played SJB was ‘19 and they lost 52-14.  

MC is the ONLY public school program that has consistently put it on the line nationally.  They’ve traveled to BG, NJ to play Bosco, SJB. Cen10 hasn’t traveled worth 💩 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Cen10

MC 

??

SJB had no trouble whatsoever with MC last season.  Toyed with those boys.  The same SJB that MD smoked by 3 TDs.  This year's Gorman is practically unrecognizable from last year's with all the upgrades they brought in.  The point: no way on earth that MC comes as close to beating MD as BG did.  MD smokes MC by 3 TDs easy.  This year's BG >>> MC.  IMG is simply overrated.  Like 2019.  Happens sometimes.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You should have at least played and beaten BG in the past 5 years to claim being a better program. . Only MC can make that claim.

Cen10 is best program that has not actually accomplished anything but is praised as if they have. 😂 

in the past 5 years they’re 0-5 vs MD/SJB (4 of the losses were blowouts) and 0-2 vs IMG.  

the last time Cen10 played SJB was ‘19 and they lost 52-14.  

MC is the ONLY public school program that has consistently put it on the line nationally.  They’ve traveled to BG, NJ to play Bosco, SJB. Cen10 hasn’t traveled worth 💩 

A TX homer pimpin FL ball.  Gotta love it.  The Cali hate is real.

4 minutes ago, All Dei said:

SJB had no trouble whatsoever with MC last season.  Toyed with those boys.  The same SJB that MD smoked by 3 TDs.  This year's Gorman is practically unrecognizable from last year's with all the upgrades they brought in.  The point: no way on earth that MC comes as close to beating MD as BG did.  MD smokes MC by 3 TDs easy.  This year's BG >>> MC.  IMG is simply overrated.  Like 2019.  Happens sometimes.

I can assure you that MC accumulated more quality xfers than BG since the 2021 season ended. 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

The fact that NS has DVs number makes them appealing. I think they'd show better than the Panthers have. WL would be a repeat of Allen IMO. 

NS beats DV by a late TD on a neutral field, whereas MD's up by 42 at the end of three AT DV.   MV and Cen10 would be entertaining against TX's best, but MD and SJB need not waste their time going forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I’m a realist. You Cali homers should try it sometime.  Name one thing I stated that was a lie. Thx 

It's as if Cali fans forget how irrelevant they were between The streak-2017.   Now all of a sudden it's no one else compares and any team we play is the best lol.   Pretty sure Florida still dominates Cali head to  head as far as records go.     

MC is 1/1 vs BG and beat them the same year MD got "we're the best" credit for beating them.   And MC did it in Vegas too.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Maybe Buford 

Not enough creativity on offense IMO. And depth would catch up with Buford against some of the larger public schools. Damn good team, but Buford, like some other Georgia programs have their hands tied by the GHSA. I wish the independent city schools Valdosta, Marietta, and the rest, would, along with the older well-heeled private schools, Marist, Woodward, Benedictine, and a few others, would tell the GHSA to hug a root, join the new GIA, and play it as it lays.

Just now, JCGIII said:

Not enough creativity on offense IMO. And depth would catch up with Buford against some of the larger public schools. Damn good team, but Buford, like some other Georgia programs have their hands tied by the GHSA. I wish the independent city schools Valdosta, Marietta, and the rest, would, along with the older well-heeled private schools, Marist, Woodward, Benedictine, and a few others, would tell the GHSA to hug a root, join the new GIA, and play it as it lays.

Can't see them beating most of the top Power Privates.