Public Programs that are better than BG

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can't see them beating most of the top Power Privates. 

Of course not. Nor the Chandlers, Mission Viejo’s, and some others. For any school public or private to compete favorably against the current crop of Power Privates would take a lot of money. And a state regulatory organization that doesn't meddle in such affairs. I would love to see a Marist, and a couple of other squads with a footprint from Carrollton to Covington, and from Calhoun to Peachtree City, each annually corralling 10-12 of Greater Atlanta's best players. I hope to live long enough to see the GHSA and the PE teachers down in South Georgia masquerading as coaches regulated to the bush league. 

Just now, JCGIII said:

Of course not. Nor the Chandlers, Mission Viejo’s, and some others. For any school public or private to compete favorably against the current crop of Power Privates would take a lot of money. And a state regulatory organization that doesn't meddle in such affairs. I would love to see a Marist, and a couple of other squads with a footprint from Carrollton to Covington, and from Calhoun to Peachtree City, each annually corralling 10-12 of Greater Atlanta's best players. I hope to live long enough to see the GHSA and the PE teachers down in South Georgia masquerading as coaches regulated to the bush league. 

Also, remember when BC visited Grayson.....

If Cen10 gets blown out on Friday night, their public prowess may be teetering going fwd. 

On 8/29/2022 at 2:26 PM, 954gator said:

Miami Publics were a missed FG away from being 3-0 vs BG.  Just sayin. 

And Armwood-Seffner came back from Vegas with the W. Minus the usual home cooking teams invariably face in most of these  OOS matchups, and a couple of untimely turnovers, Armwood would have thumped the Bishop. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Also, remember when BC visited Grayson.....

If Cen10 gets blown out on Friday night, their public prowess may be teetering going fwd. 

I certainly do. The Grayson player revolt didn't help. But then again elite teams usually don't react that way. As an aside, Banda, and several of the 2018 Grayson players' names were stricken from UGA's big board. Before BC came to town and smacked Grayson. Kirby doesn't go for those type of players.

• Like 1