Trinity League News

22 hours ago, covercorner said:

I know that 9/15 game will be great, it will give MD one national marquee game - BUT it still leaves 8/25 open for MD. This late in the off season are there oppty/teams. Even if it's another Creekside like solid team, who's stepped up to play MD!? Not too many of those teams these days. How long before MD calls it a day and goes with a nine game schedule? 

St. Frances. And it's 9/16 not 9/15. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is currently contracted to play at West UT on 9/15. 

Then we shouldn’t comment or suggest that MD would play SFA. In general, games should not be mentioned until contracts are signed. MD fans have already been burned by thinking we would get to spend a weekend in Miami. Now they have false hopes about a ‘maybe’ game against SFA, that would require SFA to make a totally disrespectful and douchebag move in backing out on a contracted game. It’s not a good look to break contracts and not honor signed commitments. 

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Then we shouldn’t comment or suggest that MD would play SFA. In general, games should not be mentioned until contracts are signed. MD fans have already been burned by thinking we would get to spend a weekend in Miami. Now they have false hopes about a ‘maybe’ game against SFA, that would require SFA to make a totally disrespectful and douchebag move in backing out on a contracted game. It’s not a good look to break contracts and not honor signed commitments. 

SFA is sticking with West. Too enpensive to stay the entire week in SoCal. MD with 8 games right now with openings on 8/25, 9/15 and 9/22. They are officially 2023s most feared HSFB team. 

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is sticking with West. Too enpensive to stay the entire week in SoCal. MD with 8 games right now with openings on 8/25, 9/15 and 9/22. They are officially 2023s most feared HSFB team. 

As they should since they are under a contract with West. That was my point. It is silly to get peoples’ hopes up about games unless a contract is signed. This is the second game that MD fans have had their hopes squashed.

What really pisses off MD fans is that Gorman broke their contract with us to play a lesser opponent in the Nike event. A classless and gutless move by Gorman. I don’t care about teams breaking ‘verbal’ agreements. 

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

As they should since they are under a contract with West. That was my point. It is silly to get peoples’ hopes up about games unless a contract is signed. This is the second game that MD fans have had their hopes squashed.

What really pisses off MD fans is that Gorman broke their contract with us to play a lesser opponent in the Nike event. A classless and gutless move by Gorman. I don’t care about teams breaking ‘verbal’ agreements. 

West isn't offering them any travel stipend. MD would be, but it's just too expensive to stay in So Cal for an entire week. 

BG broke the contact at the request of MD, who wanted to play MC on 8/25 instead. Both BG and MD agreed to reschedule to a later date, but now their respective open dates aren't aligned. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

West isn't offering them any travel stipend. MD would be, but it's just too expensive to stay in So Cal for an entire week. 

BG broke the contact at the request of MD, who wanted to play MC on 8/25 instead. Both BG and MD agreed to reschedule to a later date, but now their respective open dates aren't aligned. 

Somebody inside the MD program said that Gorman broke the contract. I never heard we asked them to break it. Why in hell we we do that when there is not a guarantee we would play MC? 
Even if MD had offered SFA a fortune, they should NEVER break a contract. It just shouldn’t be done under no circumstances IMO.

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Somebody inside the MD program said that Gorman broke the contract. I never heard we asked them to break it. Why in hell we we do that when there is not a guarantee we would play MC? 
Even if MD had offered SFA a fortune, they should NEVER break a contract. It just shouldn’t be done under no circumstances IMO.

No way. Both agreed to play later in the season so MD could travel to MC on 8/25. 100%

However, BG deciding to play LBP at Nike headquarters after the fact definitely made this situation worse. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is sticking with West. Too enpensive to stay the entire week in SoCal. MD with 8 games right now with openings on 8/25, 9/15 and 9/22. They are officially 2023s most feared HSFB team

I don’t think teams want to play a basically college level team. Nothing to gain getting beat 55-7. And spare me with the whole “it’s the experience”. MD lucky to even have 8 games to be honest. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

I don’t think teams want to play a basically college level team. Nothing to gain getting beat 55-7. And spare me with the whole “it’s the experience”. MD lucky to even have 8 games to be honest. 

This season is very different. MD has always been able to secure a minimum of 10 games. The fact that teams like IMG and SFA each have more games scheduled is telling.