Trinity League News

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

9/8: Kahuku at MD (home and home series through 2024) 

MD is still open on 9/15 and 9/22

Hopefully we get a baller alert for 9/15 soon. We are counting on you!!!!! If you deliver this game I will buy you a beer at rails, even though you still owe me a steak 🙂

On 3/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Interesting because Liberty of Nevada is showing someone else is their Sept 1st opponent.

2022 No. 193 Liberty Patriots (Nevada)

August 18 – at No. 1 St. John Bosco (California)

August 25 – vs. St. Louis (Hawaii)

September 1 – vs. Campbell (Hawaii)

September 8 – vs. Coronado

September 15 – at No. 5 Bishop Gorman

September 22 – vs. No. 288 Cathedral Catholic (San Diego, California)

September 29 – vs. Desert Pines

October 6 – at Silverado

October 13 – at Arbor View

October 20 – vs. Shadow Ridge

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

Interesting because Liberty of Nevada is showing someone else is their Sept 1st opponent.

2022 No. 193 Liberty Patriots (Nevada)

August 18 – at No. 1 St. John Bosco (California)

August 25 – vs. St. Louis (Hawaii)

September 1 – vs. Campbell (Hawaii)

September 8 – vs. Coronado

September 15 – at No. 5 Bishop Gorman

September 22 – vs. No. 288 Cathedral Catholic (San Diego, California)

September 29 – vs. Desert Pines

October 6 – at Silverado

October 13 – at Arbor View

October 20 – vs. Shadow Ridge

Liberty was lobbying hard to limit BG to just one OOS game annually, yet they scheduled four?? WTF

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

It's getting harder and harder for MD and SJB to fill their schedules each season. Both need to take advantage of these opptys when they arise.  

Kahuku replaced Gorman on MD's schedule for this year. And its being said by some, Gorman wants no part of MD this year, BUT will play them next year, in not having to deal with this years senior group?  But somewhere I read, Gorman happen to think they could play MD on another week/date. Well, now MD has an opening for that week it was suppose to play Miami Central. Is Gorman available then? 

So what's this NIKE Classic, Gorman wants to play in? And who are they playing? Is that why they wanted out.  MD and Gorman was one of the best games of the year last season.  I know alot were looking forward to the rematch. There is consolation in playing next year, but some of the luster will be gone, you won't see some of key match up you would have seen this year. 

Joe, you say they're are viable teams to fill Miami Central spot?.. I hear there are slim to no takers.. 

But I will say.. rounding out the MD schedule is a game, nobody has mentioned. Do I even mention it? It's a big one. It's a rematch. It wont be played in the Trinity Showcase. and It will be an MD home game. 

14 hours ago, covercorner said:

Kahuku replaced Gorman on MD's schedule for this year. And its being said by some, Gorman wants no part of MD this year, BUT will play them next year, in not having to deal with this years senior group?  But somewhere I read, Gorman happen to think they could play MD on another week/date. Well, now MD has an opening for that week it was suppose to play Miami Central. Is Gorman available then? 

So what's this NIKE Classic, Gorman wants to play in? And who are they playing? Is that why they wanted out.  MD and Gorman was one of the best games of the year last season.  I know alot were looking forward to the rematch. There is consolation in playing next year, but some of the luster will be gone, you won't see some of key match up you would have seen this year. 

Joe, you say they're are viable teams to fill Miami Central spot?.. I hear there are slim to no takers.. 

But I will say.. rounding out the MD schedule is a game, nobody has mentioned. Do I even mention it? It's a big one. It's a rematch. It wont be played in the Trinity Showcase. and It will be an MD home game. 

BG would play MD in a heartbeat. When the MC/MD oppty came up both teams (MD and BG) agreed to reschedule the game later in the season in order to allow MD to play at MC on 8/25. WHile MD was waiting for the contract from MC, BG got the oppty for an all expenses-paid trip/game at Nike headquarters in Oregon (hearing vs LBP), plus they were able to fill most of their 2023 schedule. Problem is now neither MD and BG share the same open dates. As of today neither MC or BG has an elite OOS team on their schedules. The saving grace is that both may still have the oppty to play each other in Vegas, which would be the happiest of endings. MD still has a great oppty on 9/15. If that game happens all three teams will be made whole in this respect. 

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BG would play MD in a heartbeat. When the MC/MD oppty came up both teams (MD and BG) agreed to reschedule the game later in the season in order to allow MD to play at MC on 8/25. WHile MD was waiting for the contract from MC, BG got the oppty for an all expenses-paid trip/game at Nike headquarters in Oregon (hearing vs LBP), plus they were able to fill most of their 2023 schedule. Problem is now neither MD and BG share the same open dates. As of today neither MC or BG has an elite OOS team on their schedules. The saving grace is that both may still have the oppty to play each other in Vegas, which would be the happiest of endings. MD still has a great oppty on 9/15. If that game happens all three teams will be made whole in this respect. 

I know that 9/15 game will be great, it will give MD one national marquee game - BUT it still leaves 8/25 open for MD. This late in the off season are there oppty/teams. Even if it's another Creekside like solid team, who's stepped up to play MD!? Not too many of those teams these days. How long before MD calls it a day and goes with a nine game schedule?