Trinity League News

1 minute ago, 1Since71 said:

So BG actually broke the agreement/contract then.

My understanding is that MD and BG mutually agreed to change the date of their contracted game to a later date so that MD could play at Miami Central. 

However, MD subsequently got screwed twice and hopefully learned that '1 bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush'. BG decided to break their verbal agreement to reschedule and instead is playing Poly at a Nike event in Oregon. MC also decided to break a verbal agreement, for reasons that are unexplained and quite frankly is a head-scratcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1Since71 said:

So BG actually broke the agreement/contract then.

Both teams agreed to free-up MD for MC on 8/25 with the understanding that they'd reschedule for later in the season. Unfortunately, BG currently does not have the same open dates that MD does (8/25, 9/15, 9/22). Can't blame BG for booking the Oregon trip on 8/25 as they thought MD was going to MC like the rest of us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Both teams agreed to free-up MD for MC on 8/25 with the understanding that they'd reschedule for later in the season. Unfortunately, BG currently does not have the same open dates that MD does (8/25, 9/15, 9/22). Can't blame BG for booking the Oregon trip on 8/25 as they thought MD was going to MC like the rest of us. 

Something doesn’t add up.If they agreed to reschedule later in the season they must have had the same open dates to agree on that.

37 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Something doesn’t add up.If they agreed to reschedule later in the season they must have had the same open dates to agree on that.

They did, but as they each started filling up their respective schedules they did not communicate with each other reagrding which weeks were still open. Lots of moving parts in this scenario. I'm still working with MD on something big for 9/22. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's confirmed, but it's not part of the TL vs USA event. It's strictly a MD home game. 

Wonder why Maxpreps did not include the game if it is confirmed? Makes me nervous that it won’t happen. Isn’t it the same week as the Trinity vs USA event? I’m glad we play them at the Bowl instead of Bosco’s stadium.

is there another Trinity/USA game scheduled besides Bosco v SFA?

46 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Wonder why Maxpreps did not include the game if it is confirmed? Makes me nervous that it won’t happen. Isn’t it the same week as the Trinity vs USA event? I’m glad we play them at the Bowl instead of Bosco’s stadium.

The MD/Kahuku game was just added. MP probably isn't aware of it yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

You can't trust MaxPreps as gospel when it comes to schedules this early, no matter how often they are updating. At least not until a month or two before season.  And there will be no other Trinity Showcase game. I think that ship has sailed, at least this year. Who knows what will happen for the future, but MD is better off stay home when you keep hearing how important it is to collect that home gate $$. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, covercorner said:

You can't trust MaxPreps as gospel when it comes to schedules this early, no matter how often they are updating. At least not until a month or two before season.  And there will be no other Trinity Showcase game. I think that ship has sailed, at least this year. Who knows what will happen for the future, but MD is better off stay home when you keep hearing how important it is to collect that home gate $$. 

Agreed. MD does not want to give up another home game. It’s bad enough that we gave away the home game to Centennial.

9 hours ago, CaliFB said:

Not true 2021 they played 8 games 

Yeah, and I got a kick out of pointing that out. But one of the MD honks replied that MD would end up playing way more games than Servite anyway.

2021 Servite played 13 games; Mater Dei?... 12 games. 😛

Edited by Professor Fate