Football Illustrated Top 30 HSFB Rankings

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Schedules are made 1-2 years in advance. So scheduling on capabilities is not as easy as you think.

Plus, what about elite teams from one-team states like NV and PA? 

Bishop Gorman has a +51 Mendoza rating.   Coaches know 2 years in advance what their team will look like when the Soph and Frosh classes hit Varsity.

Poly and Los Al 😂. Two teams who haven't been relevant in over a decade. Poly lost their 5 star QB so they wont even be top 10 in California. Los Al is simply just a team with a lot of hype. They've lost every big game they've played in so I'm not putting much stock into them. If they beat the Florida team it would be a statement win and then we can talk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Poly and Los Al 😂. Two teams who haven't been relevant in over a decade. Poly lost their 5 star QB so they wont even be top 10 in California. Los Al is simply just a team with a lot of hype. They've lost every big game they've played in so I'm not putting much stock into them. If they beat the Florida team it would be a statement win and then we can talk. 

100%. I expect AHP to win easily over Los Al on 8/27. 

@Sammy Swordsman This game is one of our 2022 wagers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wins vs Top 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500+ teams should be easy enough to decipher as the season progresses. 

But who qualifies as top 10, 100, 300 etc is entirely subjective, and what people/computers come up with is often wrong. That's the part people don't like to acknowledge. Is San Juan Hills, 3-7 in 2021 and currently sporting zero recruited players #319- FAR above average- in the country? According to calpreps, yes. Anyone playing San Juan hills gets credit for playing a team with the power rating a top 320 team has. Yet, I doubt we can find anyone sane arguing that 3-7 San Juan hills is an upper-echelon national team. Beating them should be no big deal, and yet it IS a big deal given their relatively high power rating. It's a joke.

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Extremely Humble bashes any public school that is a threat to Folsom.  Take what he says about Los Al with a grain of salt.   I fully expect that Los Al will kick off your annual donation to SPHS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

But who qualifies as top 10, 100, 300 etc is entirely subjective, and what people/computers come up with is often wrong. That's the part people don't like to acknowledge. Is San Juan Hills, 3-7 in 2021 and currently sporting zero recruited players #319- FAR above average- in the country? According to calpreps, yes. Anyone playing San Juan hills gets credit for playing a team with the power rating a top 320 team has. Yet, I doubt we can find anyone sane arguing that 3-7 San Juan hills is an upper-echelon national team. Beating them should be no big deal, and yet it IS a big deal given their relatively high power rating. It's a joke.

I, personally, only care about getting #1 correct at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Done. Wager #2 is MD at BG. 

33 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Also Los Al has a +19 Mendoza rating.  Coach feels they got the goods this year.  Big time DL transfer from Texas will anchor the middle.   Los Al over AHP easy peazy.

On 7/16/2022 at 1:17 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

@Extremely Humble bashes any public school that is a threat to Folsom.  Take what he says about Los Al with a grain of salt.   I fully expect that Los Al will kick off your annual donation to SPHS.

Threat to Folsom? Lol. Los Al has never done anything. Correct me if I’m wrong? They will be an average team next year when this senior class graduates, similar to Servite this season. There are only 3 publics in California that are legit year in and year out (Folsom, Centennial, and Missioj Viejo). I respect all 3 of those publics. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Threat to Folsom? Lol. Los Al has never done anything. Correct me if I’m wrong? They will be an average team next year when this senior class graduates, similar to Servite this season. There are only 3 publics in California that are legit year in and year out (Folsom, Centennial, and Missioj Viejo). I respect all 3 of those publics. 

Los Al is a another So. Calif Public school playing on ESPN.    

Los Al will be ranked ahead of Folsom again this year until their aggressive schedule results in a loss.  

Lazy polls will have ultimately drop them (Los Al) in favor of undefeated’s getting fat on weekly beatdowns vs overmatched local opponents.  

However the true scholars of the sport will not be swayed like reeds on the Jersey shore

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Los Al is a another So. Calif Public school playing on ESPN.    

Los Al will be ranked ahead of Folsom again this year until their aggressive schedule results in a loss.  

Lazy polls will have ultimately drop them (Los Al) in favor of undefeated’s getting fat on weekly beatdowns vs overmatched local opponents.  

However the true scholars of the sport will not be swayed like reeds on the Jersey shore

You didn’t answer any of my points. Los Al has never done anything. They sniff the farts off of publics like C10, Folsom and MV. Teams that actually are good every season and not flashes in the pan. Los Al will be average after this season while the other 3 just reload. I’ll be cheering for Los Al but I won’t be surprised if they lose handily.

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

You didn’t answer any of my points. Los Al has never done anything. They sniff the farts off of publics like C10, Folsom and MV. Teams that actually are good every season and not flashes in the pan. Los Al will be average after this season while the other 3 just reload. I’ll be cheering for Los Al but I won’t be surprised if they lose handily.

What proof do you have that Folsom is good every season?  

Los Al has multiple CIF championships.

Over the past 30 years Los Al has been extremely successful.  If you think they are a one and done, then you know nothing about that program

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Over the past 30 years Los Al has been extremely successful.  If you think they are a one and done, then you know nothing about that program

Yes, it was a while ago, but LosAl was one of the best publics in the country - one of the best schools, period - and for an extended period of time.  Barnes is a legend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The fact that you have to go back decades to find Los Al having success says it all. You’re right though, Folsom is good most seasons, not every. Maybe Folsom and Los Al will meet in the Open 💀

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

The fact that you have to go back decades to find Los Al having success says it all. You’re right though, Folsom is good most seasons, not every. Maybe Folsom and Los Al will meet in the Open 💀

Los Al plays in the Sunset League which is arguably the most competitve Public school league in Calif.  Teams from this league schedule Trinity League most every year, sometimes multiple teams.   Los Al will represent well in Fla.  Nothing they will see in Fla is any better than they have already played locally.

Most likely Los Al ends up the the D-1 playoffs (like last year) so it is highly doubtful they get out of the quarterfinals.  Playoffs are a different animal down south. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Correct. And the CAI varsity roster consists of about 40 players. 

I asked how many were in the football program. I worded it that way precisely to take away the avenue you chose. You chose it anyway, for obvious reasons.

Let's try again, except this time avoid the move seen above:

How many of the 90 students in high school (grades 9-12) are in the football program?

12 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

I asked how many were in the football program. I worded it that way precisely to take away the avenue you chose. You chose it anyway, for obvious reasons.

Let's try again, except this time avoid the move seen above:

How many of the 90 students in high school (grades 9-12) are in the football program?

Just 40. Less than half. 

6 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Hudl suggests otherwise. Not to mention the fact that the remaining students were also recruited to play sports. Not a real school.  

I speak with the CAI coaches weekly. I trust them more than Hudl. The production of 36 D1 recruits over the last three season is very impressive. How could Stanford admit one of their ballers if it's not a real school? LOL