NationalHSFB.com Top 25 Rankings- Week of 9/11/23

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Do you actually read what I’m writing or just troll! I already explained CA changed when the elite was created. They were created not because CA is so awesome at HSFB  but because they allowed those  2 programs to pimp out the states talent. 

MD and SJB operate no differently than Jesuit, Episcopal, Parish Episcopal, Strake, etc. The players in SoCal are just better. 

7 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

There are 10 public high schools in Santa Ana, CA.

In Texas there would be 2-3 high schools in a city with comparable population.

Strength is relative to enrollment.  It is not complicated.

Do you even try to be accurate or just throw BS and hope I don’t notice? 

Corpus Christi (316k) is about the same size as Santa Anna. CCISD has 8 HS, 6 of them traditional 

21 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s partially true. Texas beat the 2 time defending CA state champ in 2015.  What happened is CA pimped out the state to field 2 elite teams. The core of ca teams aren’t nearly as strong. Recent OOS games have proven that. 

the entire state of CA wasn’t elevated by SJB and MD, only those 2 programs were/are elevated.   

I have made multiple threads on multiple platforms highlighting the fact that California falls off a cliff after the first 2 teams. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD and SJB operate no differently than Jesuit, Episcopal, Parish Episcopal, Strake, etc. The players in SoCal are just better. 

False! I had to dig up this old article but there were stipulations to the Jesuit’s joining the uil: 

“…The private schools also must adhere to the UIL's athletic eligibility standards, including no-pass, no-play and rules against recruiting students for athletics, said UIL spokeswoman Kim Rogers.

And like public schools, the private schools will be subject to drawing their athletes and other competitors from specific attendance zones.”

The other schools you listed aren’t even in the uil which is a huge disadvantage in regards to attracting the best athletes 

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

False! I had to dig up this old article but there were stipulations to the Jesuit’s joining the uil: 

“…The private schools also must adhere to the UIL's athletic eligibility standards, including no-pass, no-play and rules against recruiting students for athletics, said UIL spokeswoman Kim Rogers.

And like public schools, the private schools will be subject to drawing their athletes and other competitors from specific attendance zones.”

The other schools you listed aren’t even in the uil which is a huge disadvantage in regards to attracting the best athletes 

The CIF is just as stringent as the UIL. Both won't let their teams play IMG, which is a negative of each. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The CIF is just as stringent as the UIL. Both won't let their teams play IMG, which is a negative of each. 

That has nothing to do with what they allow in developing teams 

The uil banned a program for doing exactly what md and SJB do. Take a bus and pick up players and take them to school. And the school is open enrollment  

The uil isn’t going to allow a super team to be created, beer current rules. They’ve proven that over the years. 

Edited by Horsefly

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The fact that TX can but won't schedule IMG is way worse! #playthebest 

they just played them in ‘20. they arent obligated to play IMG b/c you have difficulty finding games for them. Lol ,  has GA scheduled them recently? 

they’re in the same state, why hasn’t STA, AHP nor C-M scheduled them? 

smh 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

they just played them in ‘20. they arent obligated to play IMG b/c you have difficulty finding games for them. Lol ,  has GA scheduled them recently? 

they’re in the same state, why hasn’t STA, AHP nor C-M scheduled them? 

smh 

We agree that the powers in FL should def be scheduling IMG on an annual basis! 

• Haha 1

I think GSB is conflating the fact that Texas teams don’t want to play these traveling circus all star teams because they are not built that way with Texas teams not being able to compete nationally. 

that is asinine. Just because Centennial, California can get their head beaten by Bishop Gorman doesn’t mean they would beat the top teams in Texas. It doesn’t work that way. 

• Thanks 1

Here is an example of California depth.

Last year Los Alamitos finished number 6 in California after the season. 

Removing IMG, American Heritage finished number 6 in Florida. 

So what happened whek number 6 California locks horns with number 6 Florida??? 

Well my friends, a running clock starts the 2nd half with AHP up 56-14 and we are in bed by 9pm. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think GSB is conflating the fact that Texas teams don’t want to play these traveling circus all star teams because they are not built that way with Texas teams not being able to compete nationally. 

that is asinine. Just because Centennial, California can get their head beaten by Bishop Gorman doesn’t mean they would beat the top teams in Texas. It doesn’t work that way. 

When TX beat DLS and SJC they were considered world-beaters. LOL Then they get crushed by some other elites, and now refuse to schedule top OOS competition anymore. Remember DV chose to play Rockledge over MC this season!! 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

When TX beat DLS and SJC they were considered world-beaters. LOL Then they get crushed by some other elites, and now refuse to schedule top OOS competition anymore. Remember DV chose to play Rockledge over MC this season!! 

Well you introduced them to rockledge. You brokered the deal. 

• Haha 2