NationalHSFB.com Top 25 Rankings- Week of 9/11/23

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

When TX beat DLS and SJC they were considered world-beaters. LOL Then they get crushed by some other elites, and now refuse to schedule top OOS competition anymore. Remember DV chose to play Rockledge over MC this season!! 

Not playing traveling circus All-Star teams does not mean you ain’t good. 

Funny coincidence that the only California teams, ready and available to take on all comers is Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. The two teams that stock every position from a talent pool of a 10 million person metro area.. 

Why doesn’t CC, Los Al, Poly, Mission Viejo head to TX? What’s the hold up? 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Funny coincidence that the only California teams, ready and available to take on all comers is Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. The two teams that stock every position from a talent pool of a 10 million person metro area.. 

Exactly. The only school that has engaged in this type of scheduling is Duncanville. Texas as a whole has never gotten behind heavy OOS scheduling. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

OOS games allow for data points in comparing teams from various states.

For example...For many years the thought was that Texas had the best HS football.  Not until the Texas teams actually played top teams from other states, was that talking point exposed as a myth.

This idiotic point.

Teams are year to year.  

this year the power privates are not nearly what they have been!!!!  I for sure believe this applies to the main recruited up teams.

Your attitude that Texas hasn’t and or never will be better than the DV games is just stupid.

hell fire this is best team that DV has ever had!

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

This idiotic point.

Teams are year to year.  

this year the power privates are not nearly what they have been!!!!  I for sure believe this applies to the main recruited up teams.

Your attitude that Texas hasn’t and or never will be better than the DV games is just stupid.

hell fire this is best team that DV has ever had!

iMO the DV team that played SJC was better than IMG that particular year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

TX won't host any of them. I try annually. This season Cen10 played BG and Punahou, Los Al played AHP in 2022, MV played DBP twice and is playing SJC this season, LBP played BG this season in Oregon, etc. The problem isn't the CA publics. 

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

TX won't host any of them. I try annually. This season Cen10 played BG and Punahou, Los Al played AHP in 2022, MV played DBP twice and is playing SJC this season, LBP played BG this season in Oregon, etc. The problem isn't the CA publics. 

No way Duncanville and Desoto won’t play MV or Los Al. Or even CC. I don’t believe that 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No way Duncanville and Desoto won’t play MV or Los Al. Or even CC. I don’t believe that 

If he can’t produce evidence it didn’t happen. Secondly, what Texas schools is he trying with? I can’t imagine there is a long list of Texas schools working with him like that. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Head Coaches/ADs at the Top 10 programs in TX. 

So you just shotgunned out a request to Texas coaches without any idea if they already have something planned or not. So you think you’re the only one requesting games from the them?

you do know realignment year is the year to request opponents. Otherwise their schedules are set for the next 2 seasons. So shotgunning out requests in odd years will probably go unanswered as schedules are set 

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So you just shotgunned out a request to Texas coaches without any idea if they already have something planned or not. So you think you’re the only one requesting games from the them?

you do know realignment year is the year to request opponents. Otherwise their schedules are set for the next 2 seasons. So shotgunning out requests in odd years will probably go unanswered as schedules are set 

We're constantly sending Scheduling Alerts to every client. Teams like DV and DS have problems scheduling out of district games as much as the power privates do. They schedule one-off games all the time. 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We're constantly sending Scheduling Alerts to every client. Teams like DV and DS have problems scheduling out of district games as much as the power privates do. They schedule one-off games all the time. 

They schedule one off because they have a hole to fill from the previous year OOS game. The other Texas top 8 teams you shot gun request out don’t. 
how long has Desoto been a client? 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They schedule one off because they have a hole to fill from the previous year OOS game. The other Texas top 8 teams you shot gun request out don’t. 
how long has Desoto been a client? 

If TX would schedule home and home series with these OOS teams, they wouldn't be in this predicament. 

Coach Mathis has been a client for about three years. We actually communicated last night about 2024. 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If TX would schedule home and home series with these OOS teams, they wouldn't be in this predicament. 

Coach Mathis has been a client for about three years. We actually communicated last night about 2024. 

You keep saying Texas teams as if it’s a large plurality of them. It’s Desoto and Duncanville!  That’s it! (I’m throwing Desoto out there loosely b/c they’ve been in the OOS scheduling loop only since last year, so it’s really duncanville) 

DV wasn’t willing to travel to Atascocita so what makes you think they’re gonna pack it up and go OOS? 

Edited by Horsefly

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You keep saying Texas teams as if it’s a large plurality of them. It’s Desoto and Duncanville!  That’s it! (I’m throwing Desoto out there loosely b/c they’ve been in the OOS scheduling loop only since last year, so it’s really duncanville) 

DV wasn’t willing to travel to Atascocita so what makes you think they’re gonna pack it up and go OOS? 

DS played two OOS teams in 2022 (St Aug LA and SFA). They're by far the most agressive team in this respect. And we're planning some exciting things in 24. 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DS played two OOS teams in 2022 (St Aug LA and SFA). They're by far the most agressive team in this respect. And we're planning some exciting things in 24. 

Ok, then maybe you should retract the BS you’re spewing about Texas teams.  Smh

Don’t forget Cita, they’ve scheduled decently in OOS. Give them a chance to upgrade their opponent next year too. 

Edited by Horsefly

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Moe and Ed have both beaten Top 30 GC the last two seasons. Ed also beat CG, who's currently #1 in IN and ranked as high as #34 in at least one national poll. 

Would argue that Brownsburg, Ben Davis, and possibly Hamilton Southeastern are as good as if not better than Center Grove.

5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I ask you; and anyone else who is reading this, would De La Salle, Centennial, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, Bishop Gorman, Miami Central, St. Thomas Aquinas, or any other known team run the tables through so many various styles of play, coaching styles, venues, school cultures, with ease and take Texas?

The last 7-8 years…. Yes.  If you are talking historically…. No.

I can only speak for Cali who is top heavy. Nobody in Texas would currently come within 21 points of our top 2 teams. But overall, Texas has better football than Cali. People in Cali are apathetic to the sport. I assess a state by considering the overall quality of every team, not just the top couple of teams. The average neighborhood high school team in Cali is going to play mediocre football and would be lucky to get 1000 people to come to a game on any given Friday. In Texas, the local community comes out to support their team, and usually the level of play is pretty good, regardless of the team. I lived in Texas for 3 years in the 90s so I have witnessed this myself. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Texas weren’t called world beaters from beating De La Salle.

(1-0) Euless Trinity beat the eventual (13-1) California open state champion 26-21; then (4-0) Euless Trinity beat the eventual Texas 6A Division 1 state champion (13-3) North Shore 42-32 in the fourth game of preseason.

(2-0) Westfield beat North Shore 31-28 in the third preseason game of the season.

(1-1) Manvel beat North Shore preseason in the second game of the season 43-40 after Manvel lost first to Westfield 26-29.

(0-1) Southlake Carroll lost game 1 to (1-0) Westlake 14-20.

(6-1) Southlake Carroll lost to (7-0) Euless Trinity in district play 35-37.

(10-1) Southlake Carroll gets beaten 35-48 in 6A D2 Round 2 of 6 to (10-3) Denton Guyer [Guyer had losses to Allen 16-48; Ryan 28-31,]

(10-3) Denton Guyer got its 4th loss to (11-2) Mansfield in Round 4 of 6 in the 6A D2 playoffs.

(12-3) Mansfield receives its 3rd loss 21-49 in Round 5 of the 6A D2 playoffs to (14-0) Lake Travis. Lake Travis has put up at least 45 points in 13 of its games so far. 14 blowouts; 4 being shutouts.

(15-0) Katy meets (15-0) Lake Travis in 6A D2 state championship and dominates them 34-7. Lake Travis scores just before halftime. Katy pitches 10 shutouts. 12 blowouts.

In the 6A D2 2nd round of their bracket Katy blew out previous season 6A D1 runner-up Cy-Ranch 59-20. 

In the 6A D2 4th round; Katy beat Manvel 34-17.

Throughout their season: Manvel wins [75-7, 56-0, 75-14, 62-0, 65-10, 71-21, 70-56, 75-14, 17-34 loss to Katy]

Katy beats an undefeated 14-0 Steele team 38-0 in the semifinal.

and like I stated earlier finishes off 15-0 Lake Travis; who beat Westlake in district play 35-14.

In the 6A D1 bracket.

(10-0) Euless Trinity lost in 6A D1 Round 1 of 6 to a (6-4) South Grand Prarie team.

(11-1) Ryan beats (7-4) South Grand Prairie in the 2nd round 43-35.

(12-1) Ryan beats (10-3) Tascosa 41-34 in the 3rd round.

(13-1) Ryan runs into (13-1) Allen. Allen beats Ryan 48-27 in the 4th round.

(14-1) Allen runs into (14-1) Westlake {Who beat Carroll. Lost to (15-1) Lake Travis and beat a (10-2) Woodlands team 28-3 who hung with (16-0) Katy 7-14.

(14-1) Westlake ends Allen’s 3-year long winning streak dating back to 2012 beating them 17-23.

Finally; (14-1) Westlake meets (12-3) North Shore in the 6A Division 1 Championship. It is a long, defensive game that goes into overtime but North Shore wins it in overtime in spectacular fashion. 

Texas reminded the nation that its’ football is not to be toyed with. The number 1 team in the nation came into Texas to battle one of our storied programs; Euless Trinity, and left with a loss. 

8/28 - 8/29

(0-0) #1 De La Salle 21 - (10-1) Euless Trinity 26

(0-0) Centennial 49 - (11-2) East UT 13

(0-1) De La Salle 37 - (6-6) (San Manteo) Serra 21

(1-0) Centennial 52 - (9-3) (Gardena) Serra 13

(1-1) De La Salle 52 - (4-6) Servite 15

(2-0) Centennial 35 - (6-6) Orange Lutheran 14

(2-1) De La Salle 41 - (6-6) Orange Lutheran 3

(3-0) Centennial 52 - (3-7) Norte Dame 0

(3-1) De La Salle 37 - (7-6) Granite Bay 0

(4-0) Centennial 59 - (8-4) Valencia 7

(4-1) De La Salle 48 - (3-7) San Ramon Valley 0

(5-0 Centennial 47 - (3-7) King 14

(5-1) De La Salle 52 - (8-2) Long Beach Poly 6

(6-0) Centennial 59 - (3-7) Roosevelt 7

(6-1) De La Salle 41 - (10-6) De Oro 3

(7-0) Centennial 79 - (4-6) Santiago 31

(7-1) De La Salle 57 - (7-4) James Logan 14

(8-0) Centennial 69 - (6-5) Corona 7

(8-1) De La Salle 56 - (7-5) California 0

(9-0) Centennial 67 - (8-3) Norco 20

(9-1) De La Salle 47 - (7-5) California 0 [Playoffs] 

(10-0) Centennial 70 - (7-4) Chaminade 29

(10-1) De La Salle 70 - (10-3) Pittsburg 14 [Quarters]
(11-0) Centennial 49 - (6-6) Orange Lutheran 27

(13-0) Centennial 42 - #17 (10-3) Mater Dei 36 [Quarters]

(11-1) De La Salle 35 - (12-1) Foothill 0 [Semis]

(14-0) Centennial 62 - #4 (13-0) St. John Bosco 52 [Semis]

(12-1) De La Salle 28 - (14-0) Centennial 21 [Championship]

I ask you; and anyone else who is reading this, would De La Salle, Centennial, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, Bishop Gorman, Miami Central, St. Thomas Aquinas, or any other known team run the tables through so many various styles of play, coaching styles, venues, school cultures, with ease and take Texas?

I agree with you. TX HSFB is the best!