NationalHSFB.com Top 25 Rankings- Week of 9/11/23

St. Ed is way to high.  They needed a last second FG to beat 2-2 Elder (which previously lost to Pick North).  Not Top 25 material

Poly should not be in the Top 25. (boat raced 60-15 by BG) and barely beat a down MV team.  Cant be in the Top 25 with no defense.

Cen10 is  to high as well. (Boat raced by The Bishop).  Can't be in the Top 25 with no defense.

Sierra Canyon (barely beat JSerra 9-7) is overrated.  (OLU will beat them on Fri)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Ed has two T40 wins. Better than 99.9% of teams. 

Re LBP losing to an elite team will always help teams ranked in our poll.

Cen10 has two Top 70 wins. Better than 99.9% of teams.

Sierra Canton has two Top 75 wins. Better than 99.9% of teams. 

There are probably 10-15 teams in Texas and Fla that would beat Poly and Sierra Canyon, and probably St. Ed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

St. Ed hasn't been going out of their way to schedule OOS Top 50 either.

Note:  Try to get SJB or MD to play St. Ed next year.

Moe and Ed have both beaten Top 30 GC the last two seasons. Ed also beat CG, who's currently #1 in IN and ranked as high as #34 in at least one national poll. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

St. Ed is way to high.  They needed a last second FG to beat 2-2 Elder (which previously lost to Pick North).  Not Top 25 material

Poly should not be in the Top 25. (boat raced 60-15 by BG) and barely beat a down MV team.  Cant be in the Top 25 with no defense.

Cen10 is  to high as well. (Boat raced by The Bishop).  Can't be in the Top 25 with no defense.

Sierra Canyon (barely beat JSerra 9-7) is overrated.  (OLU will beat them on Fri)

St. Ed is fine where they’re at. Playing at the Pit is always a tough game. 

BG would blow out most of the top 25 teams like that. The big 4 recruiting powers (MD,SJB,IMG and BG) are simply a tier above everyone else. Although, Miami Central and/or C-M might be in that club this year. 

I do agree that Poly and S. Canyon aren’t top 25, Cen10 might still be. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bodysurf said:

I’d switch Gorman and IMG.  My top 4 are MD, Gorman, Bosco, IMG.

Gorman has by far the best win this season against MC. Also, if somebody wins the AH/CM game convincingly, I would move that winner to #4. 

Gorman bailing on MD this season doesn't sit right with me. I'll never award a MNC to a team that strategically avoided the best. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Gorman bailing on MD this season doesn't sit right with me. I'll never award a MNC to a team that strategically avoided the best. 

Well yes that was ridiculous when Gorman cancelled on MD to play Poly. As much we disapprove of that, you still need to objectively assess the team. You need to set aside your bias and anger when ranking them. To me it comes to this. I ask myself who do I think will win. I think Gorman would beat IMG. Them cancelling on MD doesn’t change my opinion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Well yes that was ridiculous when Gorman cancelled on MD to play Poly. As much we disapprove of that, you still need to objectively assess the team. You need to set aside your bias and anger when ranking them. To me it comes to this. I ask myself who do I think will win. I think Gorman would beat IMG. Them cancelling on MD doesn’t change my opinion.

And I think MD, IMG and SJB would all beat BG. Hence, why they're #4 this week. Additionally, BG barely beat #5 MC in Vegas. Again, no two polls will ever be exactly the same. And that's a wonderful thing. 

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And I think MD, IMG and SJB would all beat BG. Hence, why they're #4 this week. Additionally, BG barely beat #5 MC in Vegas. Again, no two polls will ever be exactly the same. And that's a wonderful thing. 

Fair enough. IMO I have not seen anything from IMG that tells me they can beat Gorman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We'll never know since they don't schedule T100 teams!! 

That’s not true. Atascocita beat and scheduled #54 Katy and #75 ESL. They have a solid 50.5 sos rating. 

you’re just silly to the point your biases are making your ranking look terrible. 

Both calpreps and Massey have Atascocita top 25. 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pied said:

Does a OOS team play differently than an in state team ranked the same?  

How do you evaluate MD and SJB on this criteria?

OOS games allow for data points in comparing teams from various states.

For example...For many years the thought was that Texas had the best HS football.  Not until the Texas teams actually played top teams from other states, was that talking point exposed as a myth.

7 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

OOS games allow for data points in comparing teams from various states.

For example...For many years the thought was that Texas had the best HS football.  Not until the Texas teams actually played top teams from other states, was that talking point exposed as a myth.

That’s partially true. Texas beat the 2 time defending CA state champ in 2015.  What happened is CA pimped out the state to field 2 elite teams. The core of ca teams aren’t nearly as strong. Recent OOS games have proven that. 

the entire state of CA wasn’t elevated by SJB and MD, only those 2 programs were/are elevated.   

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s partially true. Texas beat the 2 time defending CA state champ in 2015.  What happened is CA pimped out the state to field 2 elite teams. The core of ca teams aren’t nearly as strong. Recent OOS games has proven that. 

Talent-wise 2015 DLS was nothing close to the elites in this modern-era of HSFB. So much has changed for the better these last eight years. 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s partially true. Texas beat the 2 time defending CA state champ in 2015.  What happened is CA pimped out the state to field 2 elite teams. The core of ca teams aren’t nearly as strong. Recent OOS games has proven that. 

There are 10 public high schools in Santa Ana, CA.

In Texas there would be 2-3 high schools in a city with comparable population.

Strength is relative to enrollment.  It is not complicated.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Talent-wise 2015 DLS was nothing close to the elites in this modern-era of HSFB. So much has changed for the better these last eight years. 

Do you actually read what I’m writing or just troll! I already explained CA changed when the elite was created. They were created not because CA is so awesome at HSFB  but because they allowed those  2 programs to pimp out the states talent. 

• Thanks 1