MaxPreps Preseason Polls out!!

This is only relevant for preseason hype. MD and Bosco will settle this on the field. Bosco's pre-league schedule is easy so the computers would put MD higher if they are both undefeated going into their first game. But this putting the cart way ahead of the horse. MD's games in back-to-back weeks at Gorman and at Cen10 are a pretty daunting task.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

This is only relevant for preseason hype. MD and Bosco will settle this on the field. Bosco's pre-league schedule is easy so the computers would put MD higher if they are both undefeated going into their first game. But this putting the cart way ahead of the horse. MD's games in back-to-back weeks at Gorman and at Cen10 are a pretty daunting task.

Our poll will have SJB ranked ahead of MD to start the season. 

43 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Our poll will have SJB ranked ahead of MD to start the season. 

No argument from me. But as I mentioned, it doesn't matter because it will be settled on the field. But let ask you this, if both teams end up undefeated going into their 1st matchup, do you think the computers would have MD higher because Bosco has no tough (by that I mean there is a chance they won't win) pre-league games, whereas MD has two?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed.  Not too concerned about Gorman.  (Expecting them to be out of synch with all the late transfers, and just not convinced that a team that essentially got lucky vs MC can actually beat MD.  Huge MD coaching advantage, too.)  At Cen10, though, after last season's semi-final?  It'll be a slug fest.  Will Davison really have as much of an impact as Raleek?  The answer to that question could decide the season.  Plenty of folks more qualified than me say yes, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Raleek was straight magic.  Depends a lot on Marcus Harris, too.  We would have the advantage against any team in the nation at OL and D is solid, as usual.  So we win the trench war with Cen10, but not sure how much we'll be able to throw on them.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

11-14 are potential Tier 3 teams.   Not the best look from 11-25.  MP just put out a Tier 4 Top 25.  Lol. 

Agreed that 11-14 (and Chandler, for crying out loud) should be lower, but most of the Top 25 are the usual suspects year in and year out.  Who, in particular, shouldn't be there?

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not sure about that, who else do you think would improve that group of rankings? 

Buford, Saguaro, Chaminade Madonna, and Thompson are all beat able by non Top 25 Metro area teams such as DeMatha, Los Al, DLS, Poly, probably 2-3 Dallas area teams.  Even Corner Canyon has had a better program and better wins recently.

12 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Which four teams would you replace them with?

It'll all work itself out as Buford, Thompson, Lipscomb and Milton all play each other this season. 

My problems with MP is that they always have too many TX teams ranked in their T25. Our poll, which streets tomorrow, will only have two 😉 

• Like 1