14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Team-Final 2021 ranking

East St Louis IL- 124

DeSoto TX- 63

Venice FL- 11

Dutch Fork SC- 169

Kahuku HI- 8

IMG FL- 19 

Only IMG is in your top 25. SJB, MD and Cen10 will have a top 5 opponent during the regular season (at least once) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's preseason. Let see where they all finish come December. 

lol but YOU have to place them there. (In your rankings) 

Looking in the window now, I don’t see a MNC worthy resume for a team that doesn’t play for a state sanctioned title  

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Lack of playoffs for IMG and SFA mean nothing to me. SOS will be my top criteria in crowning the NationalHSFB.com 2022 MNC. 

There is nothing to lose without a playoff at stake for BOTH teams 

I did a quick glance and SJB plays 5 teams in the regular season in the top 100 (#2MD, #50Kahuku, #94Amat, #47Allen, #57 SM)   Incl playoffs and it’s potentially 3 more. (MD, Cen10, DLS/Folsom/Pitt) 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There is nothing to lose without a playoff at stake for BOTH teams 

I did a quick glance and SJB plays 4 teams in the regular season in the top 100 (MD, Kahuku, Amat, Allen) , 1 in the top 5.  Incl playoffs and it’s potentially 3 more. 

Can't penalize them for being the most feared teams in America. In the end you gotta beat them to be ranked ahead of them!! Or have a better SOS. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can't penalize them for being the most feared teams in America. In the end you gotta beat them to be ranked ahead of them!! Or have a better SOS. 

I made a correction, it’s 5 teams SJB plays in the Reg season in the top 100: Santa margarita is #57 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Team-Final 2021 ranking

East St Louis IL- 124

DeSoto TX- 63

Venice FL- 11

Dutch Fork SC- 169

Kahuku HI- 8

IMG FL- 19 

How do you figure this schedule being the toughest? MD plays Gorman, Centennial and the Trinity. They could face Bosco and Cen10 again in the playoffs plus another good team like Mission, LosAl, etc. and then state final game.

I just don’t see how SFA schedule is tougher by any objective standard, plus they don’t even play in the playoffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

How do you figure this schedule being the toughest? MD plays Gorman, Centennial and the Trinity. They could face Bosco and Cen10 again in the playoffs plus another good team like Mission, LosAl, etc. and then state final game.

I just don’t see how SFA schedule is tougher by any objective standard, plus they don’t even play in the playoffs.

5 of those six games are on the road. The one home game is vs IMG. Quality over quantity. 

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

5 of those six games are on the road. The one home game is vs IMG. Quality over quantity. 

Outside of IMG, how many games would you predict SFA will play versus national top 25 opponents? According to my math, MD has better quality and quantity.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's not hype. There's a reason the elites wanted no part of SFA in 22. You'll soon see why too. 

If MD or SJB run their schedule as well then you will have to rank MD or SJB #1 based on SOS if it’s more rigorous than SFA based on final results.   That’s based on your own metrics which i agree with 100%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

If MD or SJB run their schedule as well then you will have to rank MD or SJB #1 based on SOS if it’s more rigorous than SFA based on final results.   That’s based on your own metrics which i agree with 100%

A lot can happen between now and late December. Split MNCs happen all the time. Just hope that MD and SJB don't split their game, while SFA goes undefeated. 

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

How Can you say Lack of Playoffs mean nothing?…. If it wasn’t for Playoff wins both MD and SJB would not have recently won Natty’s…. It was their playoff wins that won them those titles….

Same with NS…. If they don’t have that playoff win over DV in 2018 they don’t win a Natty either…. When teams are competitive at the highest level it’s tough to beat the Twice in the same year…..

Just look at SJB and Servite last year…. SJB wins by like 14 in the League season but Servite wins by 3 TD’s in the playoffs…..

This is the whole reason that Natty’s are not important…. Natty’s are Subjective and Handed out by pollsters they are not actually won on the field….

But the debate is awesome!!! Time will tell....

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

But the problem is that SFA only plays the Best team on their Schedule Once, where MD and SJB have to play the Best team on their schedule Twice to actually win a Championship on the field….

SFA just has to beat IMG only once to win a Fake Championship handed out by pollsters….

Plus who’s yo say if IMG and SFA played Twice that they would not split those games…..

The best team in the land doesn't have to play 10-16 games annually to know that they're indeed the best team in the land. SOS, MOV, opponents combined W/L record, PA/PF vs common competition, eye test, etc all factor into this ultimate decision. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The best team in the land doesn't have to play 10-16 games annually to know that they're indeed the best team in the land. SOS, MOV, opponents combined W/L record, PA/PF vs common competition, eye test, etc all factor into this ultimate decision. 

Not true. College and the nfl play an extensive schedule and UGA playing Bama twice was both impressive n necessary in settling who was the best in the country. For them both games were important as one was for the conference title, the second was for the natty  

but somehow you think HSFB is the exception 

• Like 2