MaxPreps Preseason Polls out!!

23 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I can tell you what So Calif D-1 (2)(3) semi final teams aren't doing "recently".............getting blown out 3-42 at home vs some school from another state.

Servite isn't very much relevant on the national scene. Other than playing Bishop Gorman and American Fork, that's all there is to Servite's OOS resume.

They had one good year last year and didn't make the most of it by scheduling nationally. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

we also get Cita and liberty.  Will be a great comparison with Pitt. But my goodness, I was shocked to see the mighty Cali owned by Utah last year by a 7-4 team at that.  59-27!  😂 UT went 2-0 vs Cali in 2021.  Amazing what happens when MD and SJB aren’t doing all the lifting 

Our teams based in the SF Valley (Jokes, Westlake Village) are generally lacking the linemen size that are prevalant in the Trinity League.  The SF Valley teams have no business being ranked in the Top 75 Nationally.   They like to play Utah teams because our teams think Utah is easy.   In reality the Utah Top 3 are better than the Calif  10-20 ranked teams

Texas is probably stronger  State vs State after the Top 10 or so.

9 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Servite isn't very much relevant on the national scene. Other than playing Bishop Gorman and American Fork, that's all there is to Servite's OOS resume.

They had one good year last year and didn't make the most of it by scheduling nationally. 

Servite was much better than Duncanville last year, since we are talking "recently".  Servite also gets benefit of the doubt for being better than Miami Central, Oscar Smith and East St. Louis vis a vis the SJB win.

• Like 1

Just now, Sammy Swordsman said:

Our teams based in the SF Valley (Jokes, Westlake Village) are generally lacking the linemen size that are prevalant in the Trinity League.  The SF Valley teams have no business being ranked in the Top 75 Nationally.   They like to play Utah teams because our teams think Utah is easy.   In reality the Utah Top 3 are better than the Calif  10-20 ranked teams

That’s a fair assessment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Servite was much better than Duncanville last year, since we are talking "recently".  Servite also gets benefit of the doubt for being better than Miami Central, Oscar Smith and East St. Louis vis a vis the SJB win.

Servite stays riding on the coat-tails of SJB and MD. 
Daisy chaining isn’t always accurate. That’s why the games are played. Who knows, maybe Miami Central would’ve beat Servite last year. But guess what, we’ll never know. 

I do think Servite was better than Duncanville last year. They were scrambling for a QB, amongst other excuses, wasn’t their best year. But that’s the only year I would give Servite the nod to. Any other year, heck no. 

9 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Daisy chaining isn’t always accurate. That’s why the games are played. Who knows, maybe Miami Central would’ve beat Servite last year. But guess what, we’ll never know. 

I do think Servite was better than Duncanville last year. They were scrambling for a QB, amongst other excuses, wasn’t their best year. But that’s the only year I would give Servite the nod to. Any other year, heck no. 

Agreed that Calif is very top heavy.  With SJB and MD hogging up all the talent via transfers, and pop warner pipelines. QB gurus (aka Steve Clarkson types) funneling the top 8th graders to them as well.  This really hurts the rest of the area who end up with only a few D-1 guys normally.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Duncanville should only schedule big OOS games when they actually win Texas.  Maybe they’ll learn n do better 

54 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Since when is Westlake village in the SF valley 😂 or Oaks Christian?

Alemany yes Sierra Canyon yes not the others

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Alot (way to many) of these teams will not play anyone with a pulse this season.  Lazy polls love those type of schedules.  Hard to dispute 14-0 or 13-1 and a top 100 finish

That's why SOS is such an important criteria. No team with a less than stellar SOS will ever grace the upper half of the NationalHSFB.com T25 Rankings. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's why SOS is such an important criteria. No team with a less than stellar SOS will ever grace the upper half of the NationalHSFB.com T25 Rankings. 

In all this chest thumping you’re doing about your ranking, at the end of the season how do you determine if your ranking is more accurate than any other?  🧐 

Edited by Horsefly

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Selecting the correct #1 team is all that matters. We will have the best MNC trophy, though! 

Most publications won’t mess up on that one, although I believe you will have a tougher justification on why you would keep SFA #1 if and when they run their schedule. 

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Most publications won’t mess up on that one, although I believe you will have a tougher justification on why you would keep SFA #1 if and when they run their schedule. 

SFA has the toughest schedule in America this season. Them going undefeated will be a lay-up #1 pick for me. And who knows, maybe it'll then force the top TL teams to schedule them in 2023 😉 

4 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I Don’t think it’s tough at all if SFA Runs the Table and MD and SJB go 1-1 against each other then SFA should be #1…..

SJB’s Schedule is not good enough to be #1 if they don’t sweep MD…. MD would have a Better argument then SJB with 1 loss because even if MD loses in League play to SJB, MD would still have 3 wins over the National Top 10….

If MD or SJB win out, their schedule will be much better. For starters one or the other will have a win over the other, and probably a win over Cen10 all in the playoffs. 

the toughest team on SFA incomplete schedule is IMG.  (Maxpreps only has them with 5 games so far)  One can’t brow beat on how important schedules are then reward a team with a much weaker one 

Edited by Horsefly

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA has the toughest schedule in America this season. Them going undefeated will be a lay-up #1 pick for me. And who knows, maybe it'll then force the top TL teams to schedule them in 2023 😉 

Who are the toughest teams are their schedule? 

4 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Good Point!…. I thought they had a Full Schedule that Included IMG, DeSoto, Venice and Kuhaku which would be a Better schedule then SJB….

It doesn’t matter anyway because MD is not losing to SJB so SJB will be a Non Factor in the end…. 🤣

It won’t be a better schedule once CA conference/playoffs are included and they win out. They’ll potentially have games vs 3 top 5 teams. 

my argument isn’t a SJB one, as much as it is for whomever comes out of CA: assuming it’s SJB, MD or Cen10

• Like 1