MaxPreps Preseason Polls out!!

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It'll all work itself out as Buford, Thompson, Lipscomb and Milton all play each other this season. 

My problems with MP is that they always have too many TX teams ranked in their T25. Our poll, which streets tomorrow, will only have two 😉 

Let me guess, Duncanville won't be in your Top 25 simply because they're not playing a national elite this year? So there isn't a need to pimp them.

2 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Let me guess, Duncanville won't be in your Top 25 simply because they're not playing a national elite this year? So there isn't a need to pimp them.

They are not primarily due to their performances vs IMG and MD. Plus, they lost a ton of ballers from last season. In the end we all know that it's the final poll that matters! 

32 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Which four teams would you replace them with?

I would bet against those 11-14 vs a good handfull of teams.  Probably a couple Texas teams.  Duncanville, Guyer, SLC come to mind.   Possibly DeMatha or a FLA team like Venice AHP.  DLS would also give them problems.  I like Corner Canyon against Tier 3 -4 teams as well.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

😂 GSB is basing DV in 2022 off of losses to the #1 teams at the time in ‘20 and ‘21. Meanwhile, central was boat raced by lower ranked SFA and SJB and GSB has no words. 

recent common opponents: 

2018 central 34 St John Coll 37

2019 Duncanville 35 St John Coll 14

let’s see if central makes the list 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

DLS would also give them problems.

Agreed.  Because DLS gets mopped by four of the five best programs in the nation (MD, SJB, SFA and STA), they get written off much too easily.  News flash: those four teams go 4-0 against every other team in the Top 25, with the possible exception of IMG.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They are not primarily due to their performances vs IMG and MD. Plus, they lost a ton of ballers from last season. In the end we all know that it's the final poll that matters! 

Duncanville reloads, plus the biggest addition to their program was the hiring of Todd Peterman as their OC. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Why would this be the Case?…. What Makes SJB better then MD who returns a ton of Starters including a Top QB who will be starting for his 3rd season and has already beaten SJB each time they played and the games were not close….

SJB’s QB couldn’t even win the job outright last year over a kid who looked pretty average, and SJB lost by 3 TD’s to both MD and Servite….. SJB didn’t even make the Section Finals last year but somehow they are #1 over MD who is the Defending National Champ with a ton of returning starters?…..

To me the Jury is out on SJB, they need to beat MD on the field before they are Ranked ahead of MD…. On top of that, SJB has a Really weak schedule which tells you that JN is not Confident that his team can beat the Top teams in the Country like SFA…. Plus the amount of Transfers SJB has taken in reeks of Desperation….

I would rank SJB no higher then #4, MD, SFA, IMG all would beat SJB this year, SJB is overhyped and trying to ride MD’s Coattails to a “Natty” as usual….

I would rank them 4th too 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s absolutely crazy that Anyone would Rank SJB #1, but JN is a Great Salesman which is perfect for these rankings outlets because they are just a bunch of salesmen as well and don’t really even watch HSFB…..🤣

#LAZYPOLLS…. 🤣🤣

Expect several pollsters to have "Mater Dei Fatigue" and will take advantage of the preseason crapshoot rankings as a vehicle to punk The Stache.  You are 100% spot on.  There is no valid reason to have any team ranked ahead of a MD team which returns a 3 yr starter at QB.   The Monarchs check all the boxes going into the 2022 season.

SFA looks like a #1 team physically, but in their game vs MD............SFA was close to getting a running clock on them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Expect several pollsters to have "Mater Dei Fatigue" and will take advantage of the preseason crapshoot rankings as a vehicle to punk The Stache.  You are 100% spot on.  There is no valid reason to have any team ranked ahead of a MD team which returns a 3 yr starter at QB.   The Monarchs check all the boxes going into the 2022 season.

SFA looks like a #1 team physically, but in their game vs MD............SFA was close to getting a running clock on them.

SFA has a whole new and improved coaching staff now than back in 2019. Plus way more weapons on both sides of the ball than in years past. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I was very impressed when I saw SFA in person last year…. In my opinion that was the only team that had a chance to beat MD once SFA put in the younger kid at QB….

There is a Reason Shister, Salesman Jason Negro won’t play SFA, he knows SJB will lose and he is afraid of them…

Thats why these teams need to play…. MD beating SFA in 2019 was totally different…. If teams want to win Natty’s they can’t live off of games they won 3 years ago…. They need to play and MD owes SFA a trip to Baltimore to play…..

PGL is working overtime trying to get MD and SJB to schedule SFA in 2023. FIngers crossed. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:43 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

Buford, Saguaro, Chaminade Madonna, and Thompson are all beat able by non Top 25 Metro area teams such as DeMatha, Los Al, DLS, Poly, probably 2-3 Dallas area teams.  Even Corner Canyon has had a better program and better wins recently.

Chaminade Madonna, although very talented, hasn't proven to be anything more than a fringe top 40-50ish team IMO.   Then again same can be said for a lot of teams that get ranked highly.  

On 6/22/2022 at 11:48 AM, Sammy Swordsman said:

To be fair if I remember correctly MD couldn't stop their running game.   SFA shot themselves in foot all 1st half when they should have been pounding the rock.    So sure coulda been a running clock, but also coulda been a much closer game without the big turnovers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Very excited to see them live vs Jones. 

Jones is terribly overrated...because they have the OOS game. They lost to both Edgewater (who was mopped by Lake Gibson) and Pine Forest. What they have is a semi-famous, ambitious head coach who wants to drum up attention for the team. Media covering HS football has almost always fell for the marketing tricks of coaches. And they always tend to underrate the few old school coaches that take the opposite, "Lou Holtz" approach to talking about their teams.

16 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Jones is terribly overrated...because they have the OOS game. They lost to both Edgewater (who was mopped by Lake Gibson) and Pine Forest. What they have is a semi-famous, ambitious head coach who wants to drum up attention for the team. Media covering HS football has almost always fell for the marketing tricks of coaches. And they always tend to underrate the few old school coaches that take the opposite, "Lou Holtz" approach to talking about their teams.

There's no doubt that DV will be the heavy favorite in that game. 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

To be fair if I remember correctly MD couldn't stop their running game.   SFA shot themselves in foot all 1st half when they should have been pounding the rock.    So sure coulda been a running clock, but also coulda been a much closer game without the big turnovers.

The Stache got a big lead early and was content to burn clock and let SFA burn clock in the second half.  

The first half results was the barometer of when both teams were pulling out all stops.

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

DV truly needs a blowout win to redeem 6A in the eyes of the national observers 

You all need to pay closer attention to details and the overall landscape. Last year texas #52 Longview beat nationally #72 and 3X SC Bryant … crickets 

Meanwhile, #11 ranked Serra (#45 nationally in calpreps) got blown out by some second rate 7-4 UT team 59-27. #8 Alemany lost to UT Lone Peak. #12 sierra canyon lost to saguaro (expected) 🤐

What is Cali accomplishing OOS outside of MD and Bosco? 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You all need to pay closer attention to details and the overall landscape. Last year texas #52 Longview beat nationally #72 and 3X SC Bryant … crickets 

Meanwhile, #11 ranked Serra (#45 nationally in calpreps) got blown out by some second rate 7-4 UT team 59-27. #8 Alemany lost to UT Lone Peak. #12 sierra canyon lost to saguaro (expected) 🤐

What is Cali accomplishing OOS outside of MD and Bosco? 

Longview played Ryan within 4 points and Highland Park within 5 points.  They were in actuality a Top 20 Texas team, maybe Top 15.   Claiming Longview is #52 is full on Dave Campbell sandbaggery.   As far as the last statement, we don't need to look any further than Amat vs Aledo for your answer.

29 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Longview played Ryan within 4 points and Highland Park within 5 points.  They were in actuality a Top 20 Texas team, maybe Top 15.   Claiming Longview is #52 is full on Dave Campbell sandbaggery.   As far as the last statement, we don't need to look any further than Amat vs Aledo for your answer.

Not in the beginning of the season when they played Bryant. They were blown out 40-7 by Ryan. Those games were a few weeks of each other.  

LV lost to Ryan who lost to college station who lost to paetow in the 5AD1 finals. LV may have been 10th in all of 5A, never mind all of Texas 

the #52 ranking was calpreps! dctf had nothing to do with it 🤡 

Im talking recently. You don’t have an answer for the games I referenced from last year but you babble your big mouth about Texas. Hell, even the trinity/DLS game is more recent than the Amat one. Try again! Lol

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Not in the beginning of the season when they played Bryant. They were blown out 40-7 by Ryan. Those games were a few weeks of each other.  

LV lost to Ryan who lost to college station who lost to paetow in the 5AD1 finals. LV may have been 10th in all of 5A, never mind all of Texas 

the #52 ranking was calpreps! dctf had nothing to do with it 🤡 

Im talking recently. You don’t have an answer for the games I referenced from last year but you babble your big mouth about Texas. Hell, even the trinity/DLS game is more recent than the Amat one. Try again! Lol

I can tell you what So Calif D-1 (2)(3) semi final teams aren't doing "recently".............getting blown out 3-42 at home vs some school from another state.

15 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I can tell you what So Calif D-1 (2)(3) semi final teams aren't doing "recently".............getting blown out 3-42 at home vs some school from another state.

Your other teams in the top 15 can’t even beat a team from fricking Utah!’ When MD and SJB fall off, which will happen at some point, Cali is done!  

I can’t wait to see #4 (calpreps) Los Al v AHP and #18 (calpreps) Pitt v Liberty.  😂 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Yup kind of like Westlake losing to  Liberty NV.

we also get Cita and liberty.  Will be a great comparison with Pitt. But my goodness, I was shocked to see the mighty Cali owned by Utah last year by a 7-4 team at that.  59-27!  😂 UT went 2-0 vs Cali in 2021.  Amazing what happens when MD and SJB aren’t doing all the lifting