MaxPreps Preseason Polls out!!

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

T25 teams avoid SFA like the plague. Hence, why that number is irrelevant to me. 

Okay that may be true. But that does not mean SFA gets a pass on their schedule. It’s a slippery slope if you reward teams because they have a hard time getting games.

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not true. College and the nfl play an extensive schedule and UGA playing Bama twice was both impressive n necessary in settling who was the best in the country. For them both games were important as one was for the conference title, the second was for the natty  

but somehow you think HSFB is the exception 

There are playoff systems in college and the NFL. HSFB is the exception because of this. Hence, why there are many split titles at that level. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are playoff systems in college and the NFL. HSFB is the exception because of this. Hence, why there are many split titles at that level. 

In each state there’s a playoff. A school that is not in one is the odd ball out. 

can’t penalize a state like CA where the top end talent/competition is so high, that winning one is very relevant to a MNC.  SFA and IMG get to navigate around that without consequence (according to you anyways) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

In each state there’s a playoff. A school that is not in one is the odd ball out. 

can’t penalize a state like CA where the top end talent/competition is so high, that winning one is very relevant to a MNC.  SFA and IMG get to navigate around that without consequence (according to you anyways) 

SFA and IMG will both have kick-ass schedules this season. There should be no doubt if either goes undefeated. 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA and IMG will both have kick-ass schedules this season. There should be no doubt if either goes undefeated. 

Them going undefeated should definitely leave doubts if the other elites (Cen10, MD or SJB) has an impressive resume…which one of them most assuredly will. It is what it is. 

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

None of those teams will have 5+ OOS victories on the road vs reputable, highly ranked teams. 

If SJB beats MD in the playoffs, it is a monumental achievement greater that anyone SFA and IMG would beat on their schedule on the road. Playing for all the marbles when the stakes are high is greater than what equates to nothing more than a non conference game.  IMG and SFA games vs non MNC contending teams might as well be an exhibition game as far as im concerned 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

If SJB beats MD in the playoffs, it is a monumental achievement greater that anyone SFA and IMG would beat on their schedule on the road. Playing for all the marbles when the stakes are high is greater than what equates to nothing more than a non conference game.  IMG and SFA games vs non MNC contending teams might as well be an exhibition game as far as im concerned 

It's about the ballers too! 

39 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

None of those teams will have 5+ OOS victories on the road vs reputable, highly ranked teams. 

What is more impressive? Beating an OOS team ranked somewhere around #50 on the  road, or beating in-state teams MD, Bosco and Cen10 (possibly twice). An OOS game is not the end-all-be-all. I’d much rather that MD played a good Cali team instead of West, Utah.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

What is more impressive? Beating an OOS team ranked somewhere around #50 on the  road, or beating in-state teams MD, Bosco and Cen10 (possibly twice). An OOS game is not the end-all-be-all. I’d much rather that MD played a good Cali team instead of West, Utah.

In my opinion, the former holds just as much weight. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

If SJB beats MD in the playoffs, it is a monumental achievement greater that anyone SFA and IMG would beat on their schedule on the road.

Damn right.  If MD goes undefeated, they will have beaten the pre-season #1 team TWICE, the #6 team and the #9 team (and probably the #9 team twice) - the latter two on the road.  SFA's schedule is weak compared to that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In my opinion, the former holds just as much weight. 

I think you’re biased and you’re using the potential of awarding SFA your natty as leverage to get SJB and MD to schedule them in ‘23.  That’s what all this is about 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

The Stache got a big lead early and was content to burn clock and let SFA burn clock in the second half.  

The first half results was the barometer of when both teams were pulling out all stops.

Don't get me wrong SFA couldn't stop MD's pass game.    All I'm saying is a few bounces here and there and it could have been a closer high score game.