#4 SFA 0 at #10 Buford 18 Final

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Two elites Ds dominated two mediocre Os last night. Special team blunders were 100% the difference. 

I mean first game of the year vs a loaded D always tough on an offense.   That SFA qb ain't bad if he's the same guy from last year?   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's what they do. Lost the Battle, but won the War. It's why they're so feared. #thewire

Joe, I respect you but that is a terrible take. One can never justify what happened after the game by normalizing the behavior. Yes I realize both teams are guilty. 
On the contrary, that is not why SFA is feared, that is the reason for their disdain. SFA is hardly winning the war either. Their schedule is impressive but they play undisciplined football with terrible special teams play and unsophisticated offensive schemes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So is MD only beating Cen10 by 14. Last season they beat them by 23! #trendingdown

I wonder if this game is an example of the opposite scenerio.     Sometimes those 10ish pt road wins in actuality become 40-10, 35-7 type games on neutral sites.  I'd be interested in hearing some MD guys take on this game honestly.    

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I wonder if this game is an example of the opposite scenerio.     Sometimes those 10ish pt road wins in actuality become 40-10, 35-7 type games on neutral sites.  I'd be interested in hearing some MD guys take on this game honestly.    

My take is that last night wasn’t pretty but any win against Cen10 is a good win, especially on the road. MD did not play well on offense. Some of it was because Cen10 defense is good, the rest was Brown having a very subpar game.  I think they tried to force the pass too much last night. I am not sure whether the O-line is settled either as I wasn’t expecting Fallani at center or #61 at right guard. 
On the bright side the defense was great. They actually only gave up 7 points, and if not for a bone-headed PI on a 4th down trick play they would have given up 0. Cen10 will score a lot of points the rest of the season.

The only team that has any chance of beating MD is Bosco. But we all know that already 😉 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

My take is that last night wasn’t pretty but any win against Cen10 is a good win, especially on the road. MD did not play well on offense. Some of it was because Cen10 defense is good, the rest was Brown having a very subpar game.  I think they tried to force the pass too much last night. I am not sure whether the O-line is settled either as I wasn’t expecting Fallani at center or #61 at right guard. 
On the bright side the defense was great. They actually only gave up 7 points, and if not for a bone-headed PI on a 4th down trick play they would have given up 0. Cen10 will score a lot of points the rest of the season.

The only team that has any chance of beating MD is Bosco. But we all know that already 😉 

Beating SFA in Charm City won't be as easy as you think. 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Beating SFA in Charm City won't be as easy as you think. 

Not unless SFA improves drastically from what they showed last night. MD will certainly play better also. Let’s see what SFA shows us against a good Florida team next week. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nobody is giving Buford any credit. Smh.

Not true. Buford is very good as expected. Last night was probably a combination of an excellent Buford team and a SFA team that played bad. I didn’t watch the game so I can’t comment. But you said it yourself, SFA is their own worst enemy. They need to get their own house in order. 
On the flip side, nobody gives Cen10 any credit. It’s as if the national #15 team is some pushover, and whenever MD plays them they have an off night.

Edited by Bodysurf

Just now, Bodysurf said:

Not true. Buford is very good as expected. Last night was probably a combination of an excellent Buford team and a SFA team that played bad. I didn’t watch the game so I can’t comment. But you said it yourself, SFA is their own worst enemy. They need to get their own house in order. 
On the flip side, nobody gives Cen10 any credit. It’s as if the national #15 team is some pushover, and whenever MD plays then they have an off night.

Both Ds are elite. Hence, why the Os both looked overwhelmed. 

Both Cen10 and Corner Canyon showed extremely well last night. 

14 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

That’s fair. 😊 Deal

Does Chaminade have the fellas on the line like Buford does though?   They probably still sore from BG haha.   Seemed there were plenty of chances for SFA,  but they just came up short.   From the HLs it seemed both teams were strong in the trenches.    One team made plays (that counted anyways)  the other could not.    Big win for Bufords program for sure.  

Listen,  people on here thinking a stacked team from Georgia won't ever be able to compete with the regular stacked teams are not seeing things very clearly.     I'd bet theres going to be some really strong teams over there these next few years based on how GA has been doing at the youth level recently.    Just sayin.

Edited by 954gator

Just now, 954gator said:

Does Chaminade have the fellas on the line like Buford does though?   They probably still sore from BG haha.   Seemed there were plenty of chances for SFA,  but they just came up short.   From the HLs it seemed both teams were strong in the trenches.    One team made plays (that counted anyways)  the other could not.    Big win for Bufords program for sure.  

Listen,  people on here thinking a stacked team from Georgia won't ever be able to compete with the regular stacked teams are not seeing things very clearly.     I'd bet theres going to be some really teams over there based on what Georgia has been doing at the youth level recently.    Just sayin.

No way. C-M lines on both sides will be their Achilles this season. And that's coming from Coach Jones himself!