Broward County vs The USA event on August 25-27, 2022

14 teams/7 games/3 days. Seven Broward County FL powers vs Seven quality, OOS opponents. 

FL Teams: Stranahan, Western, Dillard, Gibbons, American Heritage, St Thomas Aquinas, Chaminade-Madonna

OOS Teams: St John's DC, Johns Creek GA, DeMatha Catholic MD, Life Christian VA, St Joe's Prep PA, Rock Creek Christian MD, Los Alamitos CA

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

14 teams/7 games/3 days. Seven Broward County FL powers vs Seven quality, OOS opponents. 

FL Teams: Stranahan, Western, Dillard, Gibbons, American Heritage, St Thomas Aquinas, Chaminade-Madonna

OOS Teams: St John's DC, Johns Creek GA, DeMatha Catholic MD, Life Christian VA, St Joe's Prep PA, Oscar Smith VA, Los Alamitos CA

If it was completely up to me this is the way I would match them up 

STA vs St Johns DC

AHP vs St Joseph PA

Chaminade vs Dematha 

Cardinal Gibbons vs Los Al

Dillard vs Johns Creek 

Western vs LCA

Stranahan vs Rock Creek

Edited by Nolebull813

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

If it was completely up to me this is the way I would match them up 

STA vs St Johns DC

AHP vs St Joseph PA

Chaminade vs Dematha 

Cardinal Gibbons vs Los Al

Dillard vs Oscar Smith 

Western vs Johns Creek

Stranahan vs LCA

You got two games correct. Also, OS is no longer participating. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The Los Al/AHP (ESPN) game is no longer happening on 8/27. LA waited too long to purchase their airline tix and the rates are no longer affordable now. Instead they'll be visiting East UT on 8/26 and that game will now be streamed to a national audience on Flo! #PGL #playthebest 

That’s unfortunate. Bad look for Los Al.

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The trip to UT will be much more manageable for them. #babysteps 

Los Al has pretty lofty expectations this year, perhaps unrealistic. Sure the trip to Utah is more manageable but it is a huge step down and looks bad for the program. They had their chance to make a statement. Not saying they would have done so. But now that chance is gone and they blew it. 

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Los Al has pretty lofty expectations this year, perhaps unrealistic. Sure the trip to Utah is more manageable but it is a huge step down and looks bad for the program. They had their chance to make a statement. Not saying they would have done so. But now that chance is gone and they blew it. 

They learned the hard way that making cross-country trips are more difficult than most think.  

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They learned the hard way that making cross-country trips are more difficult than most think.  

They couldn’t have had their heads buried in the sand and naive to not realize the logistics and costs involved. Don’t they have a rich daddy or alum to write a large check to offset the higher than expected costs? 😂

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

They couldn’t have had their heads buried in the sand and naive to not realize the logistics and costs involved. Don’t they have a rich daddy or alum to write a large check to offset the higher than expected costs? 😂

No idea. The event organizers were covering their hotel and buses so all they needed to pay for was airfare and meals. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

Should've sent them to Louisiana to play Destrehan

Louisiana teams don’t play top OOS competition. And when they do, they usually lose. The best win last year was against a young and rebuilding OLGC team that lost 50-7 to the best team they faced. 

I haven’t even heard of any top OOS games so far for Louisiana this coming year. I guess they know to stay in their lane 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Louisiana teams don’t play top OOS competition. And when they do, they usually lose. The best win last year was against a young and rebuilding OLGC team that lost 50-7 to the best team they faced. 

I haven’t even heard of any top OOS games so far for Louisiana this coming year. I guess they know to stay in their lane 

GC at CBR is it. 

• Haha 1