NE Ohio vs The USA event (Aug 18/19, 2023)

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Couple years ago ESPN put Deion Sanders team on air against a Florida team with ZERO college players and ranked in the 400’s in the state. It was a complete embarrassment. They put bad products on air all the time. They can fit one time slot for a solid classic matchup 

Deion and his son were a perceived draw. Word on the street is that Paragon is going out of business. AXE just left as a major sponsor, and Geico isn't that far behind them. Flo and others bid on these games, but the event organizer was asking for way too much. Hence, why he's in this unforunate situation. 

ESPN is playing Carlsbad CA vs Mater Dei Catholic (the knock off Mater Dei)

This #112 vs #259. 

So both teams are lower ranked in their match than Massillon and Valdosta. And it’s an instate game. So tell me how this has national appeal? Because one of them has a top QB committed to Alabama. Ok so this game would only have interest for the fans of these teams and fans of Alabama. 

This game sucks. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Deion and his son were a perceived draw. Word on the street is that Paragon is going out of business. AXE just left as a major sponsor, and Geico isn't that far behind them. Flo and others bid on these games, but the event organizer was was asking for way too much. Hence, why he's in this unforunate situation. 

Paragon sucks and only has itself to blame. 

Will be attending the four games this weekend and have to be honest; the Valdosta-Washington game is probably the game that I am least interested in.    I think the other three games will be much better with not only teams ranked in the Top 100 competing, but also several state champions on display.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, whiteshoes12 said:

Will be attending the four games this weekend and have to be honest; the Valdosta-Washington game is probably the game that I am least interested in.    I think the other three games will be much better with not only teams ranked in the Top 100 competing, but also several state champions on display.

Do you think Val-dookie gets dog walked? 

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

ESPN is playing Carlsbad CA vs Mater Dei Catholic (the knock off Mater Dei)

This #112 vs #259. 

So both teams are lower ranked in their match than Massillon and Valdosta. And it’s an instate game. So tell me how this has national appeal? Because one of them has a top QB committed to Alabama. Ok so this game would only have interest for the fans of these teams and fans of Alabama. 

This game sucks. 

2024 Carlsbad QB Julian Sayin is the #2 QB in America and #12 overall. Hence, the idiotic decison to air. At least they're consistent! 

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wow. Big difference between Ohio and Kentucky for sure 

The last five seasons Douglass finished between #1-17 in KY. This event was solely created to make OH look good vs unranked, mediocre, OOS teams. 

Remember the last time Hoban played a legit OOS team? BC put a running clock on them. 

Let's see how ED does next weekend vs GC. 

The GCL is already off to a shaky start with Moe and Elder losing yesterday. 

@hardhit1

• Like 1