NE Ohio vs The USA event (Aug 18/19, 2023)

• 1 month later...

Any idea where I can do some background on all eight teams?   Since no programs will be available, thought I would do some general overview of each team, i.e., players to isolate, where they are committed to, height and weight and other information about the top players that weekend.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:58 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Hope this doesn’t mess up the Valdosta game. Georgia teams always seem to weasel their way out of top competition. 

Remember when NJ state champ SJR, Ohio State champ Pick Central, Hoover AL, Brentwood Academy, TN and American Heritage ALL WENT TO ATLANTA GEORGIA AND NONE OF THEM PLAYED GEORGIA TEAMS!!!

how is that possible? 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hope this doesn’t mess up the Valdosta game. Georgia teams always seem to weasel their way out of top competition. 

Remember when NJ state champ SJR, Ohio State champ Pick Central, Hoover AL, Brentwood Academy, TN and American Heritage ALL WENT TO ATLANTA GEORGIA AND NONE OF THEM PLAYED GEORGIA TEAMS!!!

how is that possible? 

This event had many question marks from the beginning. The good thing is that if the event falls apart all the OH teams can just host their respective games. Fingers crossed. 

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This event had many question marks from the beginning. The good thing is that if the event falls apart all the OH teams can just host their respective games. Fingers crossed. 

It’s coming up pretty quickly. You would think airfare, bus charters, hotels etc would have already been paid in advance by now. Hope the game happens. Not everyday you get to see 2 bluebloods from OH and GA battle it out 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s coming up pretty quickly. You would think airfare, bus charters, hotels etc would have already been paid in advance by now. Hope the game happens. Not everyday you get to see 2 bluebloods from OH and GA battle it out 

Agree. I hope this game will be broadcast to a national audience. Have not seen those details yet. 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

20230815_214829.jpg

This would have been a good game to attract people to high school football that weren’t coming in obsessed with individual talent. It has a good back story. 2 classic powerhouses from 2 different areas of the country playing. You never see Ohio vs Georgia. 2 blue blood states for HSFB. Not everyone wants to see some recruited up transfer all star teams play a game of who recruited better. Sometimes you just want to keep it simple and watch 2 classic public’s go at it to get that true HSFB experience. Before it was corrupted with money. 

I’m not saying I agree 100 percent either way because I don’t, but there could be a market for all inclusive HSFB. You gotta have variety 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This would have been a good game to attract people to high school football that weren’t coming in obsessed with individual talent. It has a good back story. 2 classic powerhouses from 2 different areas of the country playing. You never see Ohio vs Georgia. 2 blue blood states for HSFB. Not everyone wants to see some recruited up transfer all star teams play a game of who recruited better. Sometimes you just want to keep it simple and watch 2 classic public’s go at it to get that true HSFB experience. Before it was corrupted with money. 

I’m not saying I agree 100 percent either way because I don’t, but there could be a market for all inclusive HSFB. You gotta have variety 

Neither of these teams have been nationally relevant since the early 1960s. This game will only attract regional viewership in NE OH and South GA. Casual fans won't tune-in to a Top 200 game. In the end it's all about ratings and ad dollars. With ESPN/Paragon currently hemorrhaging top sponsors, there's no way this game would ever make the national airwaves.  

50 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Neither of these teams have been nationally relevant since the early 1960s. This game will only attract regional viewership in NE OH and South GA. Casual fans won't tune-in to a Top 200 game. In the end it's all about ratings and ad dollars. With ESPN/Paragon currently hemorrhaging top sponsors, there's no way this game would ever make the national airwaves.  

Casual fans don’t even know what “top 200 game” would even mean. It would definitely have interest from a classic standpoint too. All the old school people would tune in. You would actually bring in a different demographic other than the rabid HSFB fan. The fringe and casual fan would be interested. 

And I’m not saying EVERY game has to be like this match. I’m saying have some variety. SFA vs IMG is great in terms of watching a bunch of future college players, but some people just want to watch the game played in its natural format. Not all the time. But at least once or twice 

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Casual fans don’t even know what “top 200 game” would even mean. It would definitely have interest from a classic standpoint too. All the old school people would tune in. You would actually bring in a different demographic other than the rabid HSFB fan. The fringe and casual fan would be interested. 

And I’m not saying EVERY game has to be like this match. I’m saying have some variety. SFA vs IMG is great in terms of watching a bunch of future college players, but some people just want to watch the game played in its natural format. Not all the time. But at least once or twice 

Botton Line: If these types of games were profitable, they's be aired. 

The results prove this: Only Spectrum OH is covering this game. That's a shame, but it's the cruel reality. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The results prove this: Only Spectrum OH is covering this game. That's a shame, but it's the cruel reality. 

How do you know they aren’t profitable if they are never given the chance? 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Couple years ago ESPN put Deion Sanders team on air against a Florida team with ZERO college players and ranked in the 400’s in the state. It was a complete embarrassment. They put bad products on air all the time. They can fit one time slot for a solid classic matchup