NJ Power Private News

2 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

Depends. Could see a bunch of transfers after this underwhelming season.

Underwhelming? One bad loss to DPC. Played #6 SJP very tough. I'd call losing to #5 C-M by 41 points on national TV pretty underwhelming! Everyone knew this season was going to be a rebuilding one for DBP. Most experts didn’t even have them in any NJ Top 5. 

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Underwhelming? One bad loss to DPC. Played #6 SJP very tough. I'd call losing to #5 C-M by 41 points on national TV pretty underwhelming! Everyone knew this season was going to be a rebuilding one for DBP. Most experts didn’t even have them in any NJ Top 5. 

Very true.  Not a great year but there are no surprises.  

rest of NJ played below expectations not so much Bosco. 

46 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Who is Bosco's "quality" win this year?

53 minutes ago, elKakador said:

Maybe none.  The 4 teams they lost to are all top 100-25 teams, leaving aside DePaul, which some had ahead of Bosco preseason.  Bosco might be top 250-300.  Almost by definition there will be no signature wins.  

Edited by Testadura
Typo

4 hours ago, elKakador said:

They beat every team they were supposed to based on preseason expectations. No team should be penalized for losing to elite, OOS teams. If they scheduled weaker Hudson Catholic and Passaic Tech instead of #6 SJP and #132 AS, they’d be 6-3 and the #4 seed playing at home this weekend. But they did the right thing and scheduled the best competition as always. That’s my problem with the current playoff seeding process. 

My goodness, Donovan Catholic barely beat PC. 31-28. Bergen really won’t see competition until MetLife. Don’t know if that is good. Who ever emerges from the bottom half of the bracket will be battle worn but tested and ready. BC will not have been tested since the October 14th SJR game. Hard to keep teenagers focused. 

1 hour ago, MickeyBern said:

My goodness, Donovan Catholic barely beat PC. 31-28. Bergen really won’t see competition until MetLife. Don’t know if that is good. Who ever emerges from the bottom half of the bracket will be battle worn but tested and ready. BC will not have been tested since the October 14th SJR game. Hard to keep teenagers focused. 

Yeah but with Joes supposedly injured, there’s no team close to BC.  

2 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

Donovan Catholic won on a FG with :03 left. Devastating loss for the Paladins. Played their hearts out. It’s BC’s title to lose.

3 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

More proof that this seeding process is not only unfair, but also unmotivating to all involved.