Texas News & Info

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

None of those schools are relevant. SOC, put them in 6A and let them play a schedule like Cedar Hill and they're 5-5

Its been talent.  They lost it all. I only predicted it 3 years ago

Does he or not?

SOC being in 6A has nothing to do with the level of talent they draw from the area. The simple point is those kids could very well be going to Chill or elsewhere stacking those rosters. 

no, DV does not get the top end transfers on a yearly basis. The fact of kids coming through his program in middle school is irrelevant. 

28 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You'll never admit I was right.  That was 3 years ago. You'll blame everything else but the talent that Cedar hill lacks

@Horsefly

Right about what? 2017 they didn’t even make the playoffs!  No one was claiming Chill was as strong of a program before McGuire left.  I blamed their downfall on his departure. Lynn doesn’t attract the players to his program not because they are all at Duncanville/Desoto but they’re also at SOC and other places

you have this odd uninformed obsession, thinking those three schools are the only ones that can have talent. 

SOC, the 2022 class, is far more talented than either Desoto, DV and Cedar Hill. 

bottomline, they all 3 (chill, Desoto, cedar hill) can have talented rosters and make deep playoff runs at the same time, but they have to have the coaching to do it. 

Edited by Horsefly

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

SOC being in 6A has nothing to do with the level of talent they draw from the area. The simple point is those kids could very well be going to Chill or elsewhere stacking those rosters. 

You'll never admit that I was right. 3 years ago I predicted that Cedar Hill would suck because Mathis was back in Desoto.  Here we are 3 years later and they suck. 

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Right about what? 2017 they didn’t even make the playoffs!  No one was claiming Chill was a strong program after McGuire left.  I blamed their downfall on his departure. Lynn doesn’t attract the players to his program not because they are all at Duncanville/Desoto but they’re also at SOC and other places

you have this odd uninformed obsession, thinking those three schools are the only ones that can have talent. 

SOC, the 2022 class, is far more talented than either Desoto, DV and Cedar Hill. 

bottomline, they all 3 (chill, Desoto, cedar hill) can have talented rosters and make deep playoff runs at the same time, but they have to have the coaching to do it. 

SOC doesn't have more talent than DV or Desoto.  That's nonsense.  

All 3 can't and never have.  You have no proof of that other than you wanting it to be true

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

SOC doesn't have more talent than DV or Desoto.  That's nonsense.  

All 3 can't and never have.  You have no proof of that other than you wanting it to be true

You can look it up yourself, it’s easily verifiable. this shouldn’t even be a discussion.  Lol.  checkout rivals.  

SOC doesn’t have depth, if they had started their QB now in week 1, they would have beaten DV 

Edited by Horsefly

18 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You'll never admit that I was right. 3 years ago I predicted that Cedar Hill would suck because Mathis was back in Desoto.  Here we are 3 years later and they suck. 

That wasn’t much of a prediction because they sucked right out the gate in year 1 of Lynn’s tenure going 4-6!! (2017)  🤦‍♂️ 

in all of your rambling you still can’t explain why a lot of talent ended up at neither DV/Desoto/Chill …. but at SOC 

Edited by Horsefly

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You can look it up yourself, it’s easily verifiable. this shouldn’t even be a discussion.  Lol.  checkout rivals.  

I knew you would say because they have guys that have stars by their names.  Overrated camp players.... also, only comparing guys with stars isn't a way I'd rank overall talent

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

SOC doesn’t have depth, if they had started their QB now in week 1, they would have beaten DV 

SOC isn't very talented,  it's overrated talent.

Edited by Steeler01

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

I knew you would say because they have guys that have stars by their names.  Overrated camp players.... also, comparing only guys with stars isn't a way I'd rank overall talent

SOC isn't very talented,  it's overrated talent.

😂  steeler by now you should know I don’t give a damn about your opinion as validation of anything, only what is verified through recruiting sites.  And they show SOC more talented than the others 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂  steeler by now you should know I don’t give a damn about your opinion as validation of anything, only what is verified through recruiting sites.  And they show SOC more talented than the others 

They show more players ranked,  that isn't overall talent.  There isn't only 10-11 players on a football team.  That's where people like you make big mistakes when claiming a team is more talented.  Like i said,  those guys themselves are overrated

Edited by Steeler01

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

So you should've said such a thing in 2019 not in 2022. 2019 they were 9-3 but let's talk about 2017🤡

Because they started off with the new HC losing!!  2018 they lost in the 1st round, 2019 they were bounced in the 2d round.  But steeler looked into that crystal ball and made the bold prediction that they may not be as good as McGuires teams😂 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because they started off with the new HC losing!!  2018 they lost in the 1st round, 2019 they were bounced in the 2d round.  But steeler looked into that crystal ball and made the bold prediction that they may not be as good as McGuires teams😂 

So why didn't you say yes,  they'll suck going forward?

9-2

9-3

Hey, but let's bring up 2017🤡

Edited by Steeler01

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

So went didn't you say yes,  they'll suck going forward?

9-2

9-3

Hey, but let's bring up 2017🤡

Well after they went 4-6 in ‘17 it’s obvious they weren’t what they used to be.  No need to state the obvious.  But, I attributed their downfall to coaching, not to your view that the area met their talent quota, so they can’t have more than 2 schools in that area with talent. 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Horsefly

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Well after they went 4-6 in ‘17 it’s obvious they weren’t what they used to be.  No need to state the obvious.  But, I attributed their downfall to coaching, not to your view that the area met their talent quota, so they can’t have more than 2 schools in that area with talent. 🤦‍♂️ 

But the quote was in 2019

You know, after a 9-2 season.  

Again, why didn't you say in 2019 they would suck going forward?

Edited by Steeler01

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

But the quote was in 2019

You know, after a 9-2 season.  

Again, why didn't you say in 2019 they would suck going forward?

9-2 is losing in the 2d round.  That’s not a great season. I said they were down because of coaching. What do you not understand about being “down” ? 

my point to you was that the area could support in talent for all 3 schools to be good, but coaching was a major factor 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

9-2 is losing in the 2d round.

The opponent in the 2nd round matters. 

Guyer was a finalist in 2019 and that was Cedar Hill's 2nd round opponent. Cedar Hill was the only opponent to keep the game within single digits against Guyer before the finals in the playoffs

Just now, Steeler01 said:

The opponent in the 2nd round matters. 

Guyer was a finalist in 2019 and that was Cedar Hill's 2nd round opponent. Cedar Hill was the only opponent to keep the game within single digits against Guyer before the finals in the playoffs

Compared to when McGuire was there that was not a great season.  McGuire went to 3 straight SC from ‘12-14 winning two of them. 🤦‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Compared to when McGuire was there that was not a great season.  McGuire went to 3 straight SC from ‘12-14 winning two of them. 🤦‍♂️ 

He also did this before leaving

2015 11-2(one round more 3rd round)

2016 11-3 2 rounds more(4th round)

The comment was made in 2019 in the middle of the season,  but you didn't agree that they would suck.  Here we are in 2022 and you're saying we knew they would suck. Lol

7 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

He also did this before leaving

2015 11-2(one round more 3rd round)

2016 11-3 2 rounds more(4th round)

The comment was made in 2019 in the middle of the season,  but you didn't agree that they would suck.  Here we are in 2022 and you're saying we knew they would suck. Lol

So mcguires worst seasons towards the end of his tenure (2016) was better than the best years under Lynn’s early tenure.  Smh

no I’m saying in ‘19 we knew they weren’t what they use to be.  But more importantly I knew their downfall wasn’t due to the idea Chill could never have more talent because it was all at Duncanville and Desoto. 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

no I’m saying in ‘19 we knew they weren’t what they use to be.  But more importantly I knew their downfall wasn’t due to the idea Chill could never have more talent because it was all at Duncanville and Desoto. 

Nobody is claiming that they were 2012-2014 Cedar hill,  I said they would suck.  Why didn't you agree in 2019? Answer this

Let's not kid ourselves either,  you and other Texans told us Cedar hill wasn't very good in 2016, they just got a favorable draw in division 2 and didn't play the best teams.

Funny how here we are in 2022 and since the Gorman game is out of the minds of people,  Cedar Hill was magically very very good

Edited by Steeler01

11 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Nobody is claiming that they were 2012-2014 Cedar hill,  I said they would suck.  Why didn't you agree in 2019? Answer this

Let's not kid ourselves either,  you and other Texans told us Cedar hill wasn't very good in 2016, they just got a favorable draw in division 2 and didn't play the best teams.

Funny how here we are in 2022 and since the Gorman game is out of the minds of people,  Cedar Hill was magically very very good

Never claimed they were very good after gorman.  The schedule and results told us where they were, but I do think they were better than when Lynn took over 

You were obviously ignorant to their 2017 results going 4-6, after going 11-3 the year prior, which made you believe your prediction of them not being very good going forward was on point.   comical, but typical

you also posted an erroroneous maxpreps result for one of the years, anyone really up to speed would know. I’ll let you figure it out.  But you got it all figured out though huh?  😂   

Edited by Horsefly

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You were obviously ignorant to their 2017 results going 4-6, after going 11-3 the year prior, which made you believe your prediction of them not being very good going forward was on point.   comical, but typical

I don't care about their 2017 results.

We were in 2019 and in 2018 they were 9-2. You know the previous year.  When the comment was made,  cedar hill was 4-2 with losses to Guyer by 4 and a two score loss to Allen. 

Why would I care about 2017?

Edited by Steeler01

23 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't care about their 2017 results.

We were in 2019 and in 2018 they were 9-2. You know the previous year.  When the comment was made,  cedar hill was 4-2 with losses to Guyer by 4 and a two score loss to Allen. 

Why would I care about 2017?

😂 the 2017 results mattered, for those of us that were aware of the results,  because it was foundational for creating expectations of Chill and their new HC going forward.  🤦‍♂️  

so one again, your prediction, knowing how things started, was not very bold and daring.

Is starting 4-6 and missing the playoffs and having their worst record in over a decade a good start steeler, yes or no? 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

😂 the 2017 results mattered, for those of us that were aware of the results,  because it was foundational for creating expectations of Chill and their new HC going forward.  🤦‍♂️  

Bs, 4-6 to 9-2 and you're looking at the 4-6 season.  Funny you didn't mention that in 2019. 

Once again,  why didn't you say in 2019 that Cedar hill would suck going forward? You avoid this question

37 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Bs, 4-6 to 9-2 and you're looking at the 4-6 season.  Funny you didn't mention that in 2019. 

Once again,  why didn't you say in 2019 that Cedar hill would suck going forward? You avoid this question

my issue with you was your idiotic notion that only 2 of: Desoto, Chill and DV could have relevant talent at the same time.  All this other stuff you’re babbling about is deflective noise.