SFA 34 at Venice 17 Final

42 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Venice didn’t get embarrassed. Maybe if they were playing Mater Dei or SJB they would have. SFA not impressive as the number 1 team. I get they played some good teams already but they should have beaten Venice by 50. 

LOL SFA was 49+ points better than that team. How can you just ignore the "Remember the Titans-type" officiating that went on? 17 penalties for SFA and 1 for VHS!! Phantom calls all night long to keep the home team close. It was twice as bad as the Lowndes/AHP game earlier this season. And even worse than the DBP/Manatee game back in 2011. Thank God the talent outmanned the cheaters. 

2 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

It was bad but what did you and SFA expect? Peacock fingerprints was all over that game. His reputation is well earned in that part of the state.

But even with that being said SFA "is not" the best team in America by far! Stop the nonsense GSB

I was unaware of such a reputation.

Season to date what other team in America has three (3) Top 40 wins on the road? 

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Season to date SFA has beaten three (3) Top 40 teams on the road. 

Venice 35

ESL 36

DeSoto 40

Regardless of calpreps, how can anybody watch the game and say Venice is 35? SFA has yet to play anybody that makes people take notice. I am not saying they are not not good. Although they don't look like the best team in the country to me. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Regardless of calpreps, how can anybody watch the game and say Venice is 35? SFA has yet to play anybody that makes people take notice. I am not saying they are not not good. Although they don't look like the best team in the country to me. 

Upcoming games at Dutch Fork and at Kahuku (SJB common opponent) will tell us lots. 

53 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Upcoming games at Dutch Fork and at Kahuku (SJB common opponent) will tell us lots. 

Agree. I also agree that OOS wins are critical. MD has the best OOS at Gorman but doesn't seem to be getting any benefit because it was a close game. Blowouts versus average OOS teams should not carry more weight than a close win against superior competition.

• Like 3

On 9/15/2022 at 11:44 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL SFA was 49+ points better than that team. How can you just ignore the "Remember the Titans-type" officiating that went on? 17 penalties for SFA and 1 for VHS!! Phantom calls all night long to keep the home team close. It was twice as bad as the Lowndes/AHP game earlier this season. And even worse than the DBP/Manatee game back in 2011. Thank God the talent outmanned the cheaters. 

You can't ignore it lol it was horrible.   I felt that way when STA was playing Venice a few years ago.