MaxPreps Top 25 Poll 8/29/22

Just now, Bodysurf said:

If SFA redeems themselves by destroying DeSoto, I have no issue with that. It was SFA’s first game so we can give them a mulligan if they show us something against DeSoto.

But I find your current defense of SFA very biased when any objective person would say they were underwhelming against ESL and fortunate to escape with a victory. I don’t want to take anything away from ESL but I’d wager that MD and Bosco would beat them handily. 

They were underwhelming because they played a stout, T15 team. Same goes for MD trailing #7 BG for 45 of 48 minutes. This isn't rocket science. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

They were underwhelming because they played a stout, T15 team. Same goes for MD trailing #7 BG for 45 of 48 minutes. This isn't rocket science. 

That is where we disagree. Gorman is a legit top 10 national team according to every ranking. ESL is NOT a T15 team by any stretch of the imagination. You are irrationally and emotionally placing them on a pedestal just to falsely legitimize keeping SFA as your #1 team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

That is where we disagree. Gorman is a legit top 10 national team according to every ranking. ESL is NOT a T15 team by any stretch of the imagination. You are irrationally and emotionally placing them on a pedestal just to falsely legitimize keeping SFA as your #1 team.

I truly believe that ESL is right there with BG. And so do the many coaches I queried. 

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They had a close game with #15 ESL, just like MD had a close game with #7 BG. Winning trumps MOV here at NationalHSFB.com! 

With all due respect, this is the only poll that has ESL even in the Top 50.  BG is, at the worst, #13.  Not the same.  MD absolutely smokes ESL by 21+.

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

IMG needs to drop as well.   You have them ahead of AHP and STA  which both looked much sharper.   IMG also lost their QB which should trigger the Johnny Stanton rule.   DJ dropped the SMEagles from #1 to #39 even though they won and remained undefeated but lost their QB.

You know what he’s doing.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

ESL is better than both SJP and Los Al. And the fact that I'm doing the opposite of DJ bodes well for our poll's future! 

I don’t know about SJP but I cringed when I saw Los Al in the top 25 to begin the season. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The CIF hasn't sanctioned the Geico event yet. 

Not that I am aware of. They have never sanctioned an additional game after the season is officially over. Just like in basketball, CIF will not allow any team to participate in the Geico event after the season.