MaxPreps Top 25 Poll 8/29/22

30 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They had a close game with #15 ESL, just like MD had a close game with #7 BG. Winning trumps MOV here at NationalHSFB.com! 

I have a bridge in Kansas to sell to the people that think ESL is #15. ESL is not any better than last year’s team that was embarrassed by Bosco. Both ESL are getting the benefit of the doubt since they both played bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I have a bridge in Kansas to sell to the people that think ESL is #15. ESL is not any better than last year’s team that was embarrassed by Bosco. Both ESL are getting the benefit of the doubt since they both played bad.

You think I make this stuff up? The ESL HC believes that this may be one of his best teams ever. Top seniors below. They also have a 3* junior S with significant offers. 

2BD42738-B6C7-4391-BE08-4633F1376541.jpeg

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You think I make this stuff up? The ESL HC believes that this may be one of his best teams ever. Top seniors below. They also have a 3* junior S with significant offers. 

2BD42738-B6C7-4391-BE08-4633F1376541.jpeg

I go by the eye test. ESL looked like an average team. Maxpreps has it correct by not having them ranked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They had a close game with #15 ESL, just like MD had a close game with #7 BG. Winning trumps MOV here at NationalHSFB.com! 

But you just made that #15 ranking up out of nowhere. Truth is they aren’t number 15 just like SFA isn’t number 1. You can’t reward ESL for losing to a team that had no business being ranked number 1. That’s garbage in, garage out. 

Realistically, SFA is around the 15-20 area, and ESL is around the 30-50 mark. This is not including some random Preseason guess, just field of play. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

But you just made that #15 ranking up out of nowhere. Truth is they aren’t number 15 just like SFA isn’t number 1. You can’t reward ESL for losing to a team that had no business being ranked number 1. That’s garbage in, garage out. 

Realistically, SFA is around the 15-20 area, and ESL is around the 30-50 mark. This is not including some random Preseason guess, just field of play. 

Didn't make it up. ESL was my #26 entering last week. You have no clue. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

These are facts.

59 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

For the record.........SFA is in Tier 2 currently.

That is about right based on their performance. Unless they beat DeSoto by at least 28 points they maybe should be tier 3. We have seen in the last 2 seasons what happens when the real #1 team plays a good Texas team (by Texas standards).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

That is about right based on their performance. Unless they beat DeSoto by at least 28 points they maybe should be tier 3. We have seen in the last 2 seasons what happens when the real #1 team plays a good Texas team (by Texas standards).

Sammy already stated that SFA will be T1 next week if they win soundly at DS. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sammy already stated that SFA will be T1 next week if they win soundly at DS. 

If SFA redeems themselves by destroying DeSoto, I have no issue with that. It was SFA’s first game so we can give them a mulligan if they show us something against DeSoto.

But I find your current defense of SFA very biased when any objective person would say they were underwhelming against ESL and fortunate to escape with a victory. I don’t want to take anything away from ESL but I’d wager that MD and Bosco would beat them handily. 

• Like 2