Trinity League News

14 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Michigan coaches were at a MD practice this week, and I assume Bosco also. A number of kids from each school got Michigan offers this week. You see that all the time where on a given day a group of players get offers from the same school.

Michigan loooooves recruiting the elites like SFA, IMG, MD and SJB! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 7:51 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Michigan loooooves recruiting the elites like SFA, IMG, MD and SJB! 

At the moment, there aren't too many elites at SJB .... Madden Williams is the lone national guy. 

The issue with Bosco, is they have more question marks than ever before. We're speaking in terms of being an elite top 5 team  - the staple for past several years.

It starts with QB, he's young and he's going to make mistakes, but can Bosco afford to be patient and willing to go through the learning process? And its no guarantee he does. He looked lost vs MD (Millikan tourney)  and he was ok vs everyone else.

WRs - they don't have quality/top notch talent depth beyond Madden Williams and Daniel Odom. It was apparent vs MD. Against everyone else is probably a different story, but Beyond Madden and Odom, there isn't anyone who passes that eye test and can take the pressure off Madden and Odom.

OL - is strength with 4 returners, including their 6th - man. Solid HS linemen, but non are considered elite level D-1 linemen.

RBs - They wont have the plethora of 3 - deep proven backs as did for last 4 years. No Cam Jones, No Speedy Luke, No Sylvester, No Daniel Bates, No Khalid Warren.. It will be inexperience with Jr Jeremy Lenore who was third back last year leading the group, followed by sophomore and freshmen backs.

DL - They are lucky Epi and Max transferred back to Bosco, For a minute, Bosco had 1 returning starter in Dutch Horvisk, but Max, Epi and Dutch give Bosco a one of top DL, which they will need greatly, with all the inexperience they will have at LB and in the Secondary. 

LB and Secondary -  beyond the sophomore Coach twins at LB, Josh Howard at CB, and S Isla Wiley-Ava the rest of the defense is small, and far from usually Bosco size. 

But will see .. thats why they play the games! 

Edited by covercorner
added content

2 hours ago, covercorner said:

At the moment, there aren't too many elites at SJB .... Madden Williams is the lone national guy. 

The issue with Bosco, is they have more question marks than ever before. We're speaking in terms of being an elite top 5 team  - the staple for past several years.

It starts with QB, he's young and he's going to make mistakes, but can Bosco afford to be patient and willing to go through the learning process? And its no guarantee he does. He looked lost vs MD (Millikan tourney)  and he was ok vs everyone else.

WRs - they don't have quality/top notch talent depth beyond Madden Williams and Daniel Odom. It was apparent vs MD. Against everyone else is probably a different story, but Beyond Madden and Odom, there isn't anyone who passes that eye test and can take the pressure off Madden and Odom.

OL - is strength with 4 returners, including their 6th - man. Solid HS linemen, but non are considered elite level D-1 linemen.

RBs - They wont have the plethora of 3 - deep proven backs as did for last 4 years. No Cam Jones, No Speedy Luke, No Sylvester, No Daniel Bates, No Khalid Warren.. It will be inexperience with Jr Jeremy Lenore who was third back last year leading the group, followed by sophomore and freshmen backs.

DL - They are lucky Epi and Max transferred back to Bosco, For a minute, Bosco had 1 returning starter in Dutch Horvisk, but Max, Epi and Dutch give Bosco a one of top DL, which they will need greatly, with all the inexperience they will have at LB and in the Secondary. 

LB and Secondary -  beyond the sophomore Coach twins at LB, Josh Howard at CB, and S Isla Wiley-Ava the rest of the defense is small, and far from usually Bosco size. 

But will see .. thats why they play the games! 

The results of the C-M game in Lauderdale will tell us all we need to know. The same goes for BG at MD. 

13 hours ago, covercorner said:

Not sure what qualifies as "quality/top notch talent," but Bosco did get a good one from Servite in Ethan Naudin.

At 6'1" 185 last year, Naudin caught 19 passes , for 455 yards and 3 TDs. He led the team in yds./rec at 23.9 yds. per catch.

12 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

Not sure what qualifies as "quality/top notch talent," but Bosco did get a good one from Servite in Ethan Naudin.

At 6'1" 185 last year, Naudin caught 19 passes , for 455 yards and 3 TDs. He led the team in yds./rec at 23.9 yds. per catch.

Naudin is ok.. but not elite. Elite means - Can take over a game, Gives the opposition fits, covering 1-on-1, makes multiple big plays, doesn't disappear in games.. And Naudin was non-existent at Millikan Tourney, at least in the MD game. He also was non-factor in Bosco's Navy-White game, which was ho-hum.. won 14-0 by the White team, QB'd by Jack Nyman, their No 2 QB., not Fuiava. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yet, Cen10 rarely comes close to beating MD. Not interesting. 

2021 CIF SS semifinals. Our most challenging game of the year by far. Cen10 came very close.

Year in and year out they play us tougher than anybody not named Bosco. In many instances, Cen10 is the tougher game. I expect the same next season. Cen10 game could be the toughest of the season. And yes I am considering Gorman.

22 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

2021 CIF SS semifinals. Our most challenging game of the year by far. Cen10 came very close.

Year in and year out they play us tougher than anybody not named Bosco. In many instances, Cen10 is the tougher game. I expect the same next season. Cen10 game could be the toughest of the season. And yes I am considering Gorman.

Agree, but in order to get over the hump they need to eventually win a big game vs an elite. Don't get me wrong. I still believe they're the best public program in America. 

• Like 2

2 MD and 1 Bosco kid out of the 7 players. I am happy for these kids to be able to collect a bag at this age, but it is changing the high school game something I no longer recognize. NIL and the transfer portal have already ruined college football IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

2 MD and 1 Bosco kid out of the 7 players. I am happy for these kids to be able to collect a bag at this age, but it is changing the high school game something I no longer recognize. NIL and the transfer portal have already ruined college football IMO.

The best is yet to come!! The more $$ infused into our game the better. Publics may suffer, but the Power privates should thrive. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The best is yet to come!! The more $$ infused into our game the better. Publics may suffer, but the Power privates should thrive. 

That is great since I am a MD person, but that is not necessarily good for the overall health of the game on all levels. We can't live in our bubble and think only of 'power privates'. If the foundation crumbles, those at the top will also fall. The thousands of community-based public teams are the foundation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

That is great since I am a MD person, but that is not necessarily good for the overall health of the game on all levels. We can't live in our bubble and think only of 'power privates'. If the foundation crumbles, those at the top will also fall. The thousands of community-based public teams are the foundation.

Local, small town HSFB teams will be fine. This only affects to Top 1% players/teams. It's great preparation for the next levels. Can't fight progress.