Trinity League News

• 2 weeks later...

This way the MD's SJB and SFA of the world has trouble finding game. The rich get getting richer. Props to the Cen10's of the public school systems willing taking on all comers. They may never win another CIF SS championship. But always be 1 of best Public school in the state of Ca.

1 hour ago, CaliFB said:

Oooh looking a senior qb transferfor MD. 3 star Washington commit. Younger guys must not be looking to good. 

IMG_1024.jpeg

Sucks if true. If he does transfer I hope one of the current freshmen beat him out. We got a junior transfer also from Washington. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I thought MD didn't accept senior xfers?? 

@Bodysurf

We have turned down numerous senior transfers over the past several years. Some great players too. This doesn’t go over very well with a lot of us. I don’t know if this transfer is confirmed. It would be great if the kid ends up riding the bench. Karma. I hate to see this crap.

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

We have turned down numerous senior transfers over the past several years. Some great players too. This doesn’t go over very well with a lot of us. I don’t know if this transfer is confirmed. It would be great if the kid ends up riding the bench. Karma. I hate to see this crap.

Doesn't make sense that they'd bend the rules for a 3* QB from AZ. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s Chaparral in Temecula which is relatively local. Multiple Temecula kids attend MD, and not just athletes. 
There are no official rules against a senior transfer. It’s just a terrible look and creates justified resentment. I’d rather not see it happen. That’s why I’m hoping he would get beat out for the position if he does transfer. Kid is better off staying where he is now, and it would be better for MD also. 

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It’s Chaparral in Temecula which is relatively local. Multiple Temecula kids attend MD, and not just athletes. 
There are no official rules against a senior transfer. It’s just a terrible look and creates justified resentment. I’d rather not see it happen. That’s why I’m hoping he would get beat out for the position if he does transfer. Kid is better off staying where he is now, and it would be better for MD also. 

Jeez. That's even a worse look!!! If true MD is now just like everyone else. And that's something I never thought I'd post. 

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sucks if true. If he does transfer I hope one of the current freshmen beat him out. We got a junior transfer also from Washington. 

No chance the sophomores beat him out. Ive stated it before - MD has too many big time skills to put in the hands of inexperience guys when they didn't show enough during they're FR season. Unfortunately if MD didn't have top skills, and play a national schedule, you could get away with allowing the sophomores develop more so, But MD is a national brand, no matter how you put it. Playing at that high level requires certain skills sets. Based on what was seen on the field with the sophomore QBs certainly not ready to roll the dice with all the skills. Most will call it unfortunate that MD is a national brand, but it is what it is. Or they could go the route of OLU and play that similar schedule and struggle and get beat up.

And the junior QB from Washington - he came to MD by chance, family moved to area and inquired about MD. There's a reason why no one heard about him, until he enrolled show up to 6 period football. Despite being a varsity QB in Washington, he's on no ones radar. But based on his film, he's slightly above average no much better than the sophomore QBs, except he has varsity experience, but at what level?? 

Will see what happens, its a long season. Though I know the days of develop, wait your turn are gone, but some still hold to that mantra. Its just hard to find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

True, Mater Dei has turned away more senior transfers than you can imagine. For some reason, MD doesn't take Senior OC transfers. If its been a senior, its been OOS, or out of county. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Jeez. That's even a worse look!!! If true MD is now just like everyone else. And that's something I never thought I'd post. 

MD was the leader in this category going back years and years. This ain't nothing new for them lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

MD was the leader in this category going back years and years. This ain't nothing new for them lol 

In recent years I was always told by their coaches that they would NEVER accept senior xfers. They'd actually joke about when SJB would do such. 

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against senior xfers. Just practice what you preach. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

@GardenStateBaller Cen10 is offering a travel stipend. Was SJP greedy and wanted more or was there another reason that game fell through?

SJP may have done it if the stipend was higher, but the #1 reason was that they didn't want to start the season with three straight road games: @Eds, @Cen10, @GC

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...