Trinity League News

On 8/1/2023 at 2:07 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

MD has three in the Top 10! 

...and only 1 LB on the LB top 10 list (Wyatt).  Tanner Williams as good as anyone on that list not named Nasir.  Register sleepin on that dude.  Which is just fine with me.  TW a monster already, without a chip on his shoulder.

6 hours ago, All Dei said:

...and only 1 LB on the LB top 10 list (Wyatt).  Tanner Williams as good as anyone on that list not named Nasir.  Register sleepin on that dude.  Which is just fine with me.  TW a monster already, without a chip on his shoulder.

You need to take those rankings with a grain of salt. The reality is, and college recruiters are verifying it, that Shaun Scott and Abdul Sanders and Ramere Davis are better than many of the linebackers on the list. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

And Servite has only one RB on that top ten list.

6. Quaid Carr, Servite: The 6-foot, 175-pound junior showed his breakaway speed last fall and landed an offer from Utah in June. Look for him to showcase his receiving skills as well.

And unfortunately, That ranking is way too high and really he shouldn't be on that list. He hasn't done enough or shown enough to warrant and a Utah offer doesn't justify it. Thats all he has is breakaway speed, but he never could put it together. Let's see if he can this year, but with what line? That is going to be hard to do. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 8:01 PM, covercorner said:

And unfortunately, That ranking is way too high and really he shouldn't be on that list. He hasn't done enough or shown enough to warrant and a Utah offer doesn't justify it. Thats all he has is breakaway speed, but he never could put it together. Let's see if he can this year, but with what line? That is going to be hard to do. 

Well, I'd love to argue with you about this but for some reason Servite never reported any stats from their games last year. They were always slow to report during the Thomas years. Sometimes they were as much as 3 games behind in their reporting, but in 2022 they never DID report any stats. MaxPreps has nothing. The OC Varsity never showed any stats for Servite except what appeared in their game reports for the few Servite games they covered (which was almost none in Servite's all time worst season ever). Not much interest in a 1-9 team.

I just hope Quaid's family kept some stats. Very important for someone who stands to be a 3-year starter for the Friars.

Edited by Professor Fate

14 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

Well, I'd love to argue with you about this but for some reason Servite never reported any stats from their games last year. They were always slow to report during the Thomas years. Sometimes they were as much as 3 games behind in their reporting, but in 2022 they never DID report any stats. MaxPreps has nothing. The OC Varsity never showed any stats for Servite except what appeared in their game reports for the few Servite games they covered (which was almost none in Servite's all time worst season ever). Not much interest in a 1-9 team.

I just hope Quaid's family kept some stats. Very important for someone who stands to be a 3-year starter for the Friars.

Yes I understand Servite didn't report stats, but he ran for nearly 400 yards last season and when you watch Servite's games that number is about right. He's a solid back - Like I said - he didn't show enough to warrant that ranking going into this season, thats all - Lets see if he can double the production. 

Being a 3 yr starter doesn't say much for whats become of Servite, from a media standpoint, but I do think they will be better than last years 1-9, how much will be the question. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 6:59 PM, covercorner said:

Yes I understand Servite didn't report stats, but he ran for nearly 400 yards last season and when you watch Servite's games that number is about right. He's a solid back - Like I said - he didn't show enough to warrant that ranking going into this season, thats all - Lets see if he can double the production. 

Being a 3 yr starter doesn't say much for whats become of Servite, from a media standpoint, but I do think they will be better than last years 1-9, how much will be the question. 

I guess Servite must have read what we posted. (Not really, but they commented on the OC Varsity article).

Servite High School Athletics

13h  · 
Top Running Backs in OC‼️
Quaid Carr ‘25 has been named to the Top 10 list of OC running backs as selected by the Register. After a sophomore campaign that included 643 yards and 7 touchdowns, he comes in at No. 6.
Edited by Professor Fate
  • Like 1