That is a tough ass schedule. They did beat Pa state champ Cathedral Prep a few years back. I can’t see them beating any of the OH powers or the MD teams though. Not sure some of those logos. I hate when teams do that. Post just logos like every mother F’er knows what the hell team they are. Especially if they are some obscure no name team 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That is a tough ass schedule. They did beat Pa state champ Cathedral Prep a few years back. I can’t see them beating any of the OH powers or the MD teams though. Not sure some of those logos. I hate when teams do that. Post just logos like every mother F’er knows what the hell team they are. Especially if they are some obscure no name team 

8/13   St Frances MD

8/19   Archbishop Hoban OH

8/27   Massillon Perry OH

9/1     Cathedral Prep PA

9/9    Mentor OH 

9/16   St Vincent Palloti MD

10/7   St Edward OH

10/21  St Ignatius OH

10/28  DeMatha MD

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Pretty sure that only three of those teams will start out in the T100: SFA, ED, DMC

Maybe I'm rusty on Ohio since COVID but I could have sworn that pre COVID teams like Hoban, Mentor and St Ignatius were ranked in top 100 of a few national polls but unless these teams have dropped off hard then your still looking with at least 6 teams that are considered at or near top 100 national status 

If they are scheduling like that I hope they know what they are doing because that feels like they are setting themselves up to potentially get players hurt by playing teams far above what they can handle on an almost weekly basis

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe I'm rusty on Ohio since COVID but I could have sworn that pre COVID teams like Hoban, Mentor and St Ignatius were ranked in top 100 of a few national polls but unless these teams have dropped off hard then your still looking with at least 6 teams that are considered at or near top 100 national status 

If they are scheduling like that I hope they know what they are doing because that feels like they are setting themselves up to potentially get players hurt by playing teams far above what they can handle on an almost weekly basis

Hoban finished outside the T150 last season and were running-clocked by Bergen Catholic, 42-7. 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

CN also bused to SFA this Spring and scrimmaged the Panthers. A great, productive time was had by all. 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

2021 final rankings: 

Iggy 213

Mentor 887

Hence, why OH is no longer a T5 HSFB state. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

CN also bused to SFA this Spring and scrimmaged the Panthers. A great, productive time was had by all. 

Wait so your using a spring scrimmage to justify it but you discrediting Columbia and Venice playing IMG in a kickoff classic which will actually be games that mimic a regular season contest in every way except for the end result not officially counting in the record books?

@Sammy Swordsman!!!!

We need a new excuse thread now 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Wait so your using a spring scrimmage to justify it but you discrediting Columbia and Venice playing IMG in a kickoff classic which will actually be games that mimic a regular season contest in every way except for the end result not officially counting in the record books?

@Sammy Swordsman!!!!

We need a new excuse thread now 😂😂😂

Just making the point that CN will play #anyoneanywhere. Unlike 99% of the HSFB teams in America. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just making the point that CN will play #anyoneanywhere. Unlike 99% of the HSFB teams in America. 

Your right 

There's a ton of teams across the country who won't even play IMG in a preseason game so even if it's not a regular season game these teams deserve credit because so many won't play anyone good even in a game that won't count against them 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After Clarkson North beat both Massillon Perry and Mentor this season, OHSAA just this week passed a new rule that no OH team will receive power points when scheduling Canadian teams effective 2023. Since sooo many teams in OH make the playoffs, look for OH teams to continue to schedule the Canadians as perceived guaranteed wins will always trump quality SOS in the Buckeye State. More than ever looking forward to CNs upcoming games at Ed's and Iggy.

And just a friendly reminder that OHSAA still permits its member schools to schedule OH-based, "non-traditional" football teams like Dohn Community and Africentric. That is, until those two start winning some games.