DBP 27 at DePaul 28 Final

13 minutes ago, BNU04 said:

With all that said, you'd be blind if you said current is situation is better

No it’s bad now.  

I checked the roster for McKoy’s team and his stats.  So much better a team.  Simon, LB, and Kleinberg on the DL.  All FBS-offered.  Simon played at Iowa, as you know, and Kyle at Syracuse   

we still had Ellison and Stevens   Syracuse and Rutgers.   Davon one of the best, toughest kids I watched   

the O line was 1 year away from being the best in NJ

bakker was the RB.  Not Hanks  

Wes was 36 out of 72.  5 TDs, 5 ints.  582 passing yds.  369 rushing yds.  

Soph devito had no time basically, got in 2 games.  We lost our last game to Joes 10-6.  It was a nonplayoff because the week before we lost to PC in semis by 1 point.   Wes was moved to WR after the half.  

12 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

lol   stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. DBP can't hang with the top 3 teams. They make it to the semi-final by default because the rest of Non-Public A is terrible.

I know Bosco went to the finals 3 out of the last 4 years, and should easily have beat SPP that year if Kyle M and their QB Jake Tarantino weren’t out or knocked out early in the game   

but the trend over 11 years is steadily down.  They don’t have the kids to compete.  And 2 or 3 of their best this yr transferred out before and during.  

their D last year was the worst in my 25 years of watching them

i hope it ends early for selfish reasons.  

40 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

lol   stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. DBP can't hang with the top 3 teams. They make it to the semi-final by default because the rest of Non-Public A is terrible.

If BC and SJR are on the same side of the bracket you really think there's another team out there that can beat DBP? At the minimum they should get to the semifinal round. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If BC and SJR are on the same side of the bracket you really think there's another team out there that can beat DBP? At the minimum they should get to the semifinal round. 

I'd have to say Delbarton and Pope john could beat them. Both beat DePaul, while Delbarton blew DePaul out.

Edited by BNU04
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I don’t know what to make of it.  

27 unanswered points.  That’s good.  

weak secondary.  Bad.  

DePaul scores on 2 turnovers.  The last one was off Mays’s hands into that LB’s who runs 60 yds to score.  

the WR who comes down with the 2-point conversion is a 3* or 4* with 4 offers from colleges now ranked in top 25, including Ohio State

they're not good.  They definitely can lose DePaul Delbarton and Pope.  I agree there.  

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's HSFB. There's no rhyme or reason at anytime. Anything can happen. SJR lost to St Anthony, Delby beat St Anthony, SJR was right there with BC, etc. 

Sjr was missing two starting LBs,a safety, and a kicker. If you didn't notice LB is a position they cannot afford to lose players at. MLB goes down vs BC. BC goes on a 80yd drive, running off tackle immediately after he goes down. All the teams mentioned above have a combined record of 19-6.

Bosco is 4-5 and lost to a 3-5 team. 

It's apples/oranges baller

9 minutes ago, BNU04 said:

Sjr was missing two starting LBs,a safety, and a kicker. If you didn't notice LB is a position they cannot afford to lose players at. MLB goes down vs BC. BC goes on a 80yd drive, running off tackle immediately after he goes down. All the teams mentioned above have a combined record of 19-6.

Bosco is 4-5 and lost to a 3-5 team. 

It's apples/oranges baller

DBP beat a better BC by 27 last season. In 2013 a down 2-7 BC forced the better DBP to OT. Kahuku beat SJB this season. Anything can happen in HSFB. 

31 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's HSFB. There's no rhyme or reason at anytime. Anything can happen. SJR lost to St Anthony, Delby beat St Anthony, SJR was right there with BC, etc. 

Were you behind National High School Football ranking them top 50 in the country?

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They won’t be. Today’s game is for who gets the home game. BC, SJR/Delby winner,SJR/Delby loser, DBP or Don Catholic. BC will play Bosco in the semis 

2 hours ago, BNU04 said:

Were you behind National High School Football ranking them top 50 in the country?

DBP gets the "regional uplift".   Most polls try to be inclusive in adding a team in the Top 100 to rep each area of the Country.   In Actuality though, DBP is probably at #500-750" national team, and has been such for the past several years.

8 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

DBP gets the "regional uplift".   Most polls try to be inclusive in adding a team in the Top 100 to rep each area of the Country.   In Actuality though, DBP is probably at #500-750" national team, and has been such for the past several years.

No way.  In the years they went to MetLife, definitely top 100.  

this year top 300, maybe 400

but Joes sucks.  And that’s the takeaway.  

10 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

SJP ranked 7.  Maybe top 15 is more realistic.  They beat Bosco 28-7.  

I don’t think SJP would say we’re not in the top 200 or so.